• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Bukit Batok resident sought Murali's help but he told her to FO and solve her own problems herself

SexOClock

Alfrescian
Loyal
3ade5a72-6bcc-49ae-ad1c-14ae089abf40_text.gif

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Very sway to get a PAP token minority minnow as your zone's MP. Hope you are enjoying the diversity and inclusiveness that has been bestowed upon you. :biggrin:

NissanViP

Alfrescian
Loyal
Regardless of political party, MP does not have power to allocate HDB flat. Like it or not, there is a policy set in place, so everybody must follow the rule. There may be some extremely exceptional cases, but those are very rare situation but unfortunately basic rule still apply. Good luck with kao peh kao bu!

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
He can't even handle his own son, still wanna help other families' problems? Lol..

PAP Murali: “I am not a perfect father”​

by Correspondent
01/07/2020
in Current Affairs
Reading Time: 2 mins read

Screengrab from PAP's Youtube channel

An online post surfaced after Murali Pillai was confirmed to be People’s Action Party (PAP) candidate for Bukit Batok SMC yesterday (30 Jun).
Apparently, the post mentioned that Murali’s son has committed certain criminal offence and has already been jailed by the court.
The angry Murali hit out at the person who made the online post, saying that it is a “scurrilous attack” on his family.

Murali, a partner at Rajah & Tann law firm, did not want to reveal the details of his son’s crime except to say, “My son was a victim of a scandal. He also committed offences. The court has dealt with all these matters.”

“He himself has been dealt with and is serving sentence,” he added, confirming the jail sentence of his son.
In an online post, SDP candidate Dr Chee Soon Juan said that while he has not seen the post in question, he has watched Murali’s “anguished response to it”.

“I stand with Mr Murali on this and call on whoever who did this video to stop it and for others not to circulate it,” wrote Dr Chee.
“I may disagree with Mr Murali on his political views and we can have a healthy and professional debate on them. But our differences must not be allowed to degenerate into unseemly smears against the candidates and their families.”

Murali told reporters that he would not let “personal attacks” distract him from the issues that Bukit Batok residents care about. He said, “I am determined to continue helping Bukit Batok families to overcome the challenges that we collectively face in this present crisis.”
Murali also acknowledged that he is not a perfect father, but these issues should be separate from politics.

“Yes, I am not a perfect father. Yes, families have issues. But no, these things should not be brought into politics. I am terribly affected by this, but I will not be deterred. I will fight on,” he said.

Murali may not be a perfect father but certainly he doesn’t lack any rhetoric to “fight on” in the upcoming General Election.

mahjongking

Alfrescian
Loyal
sooner or later this will happen again if the MPs keep on chobolan and ignore resident's problems

1627477793300.png

Last edited:

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
sooner or later this will happen again if the MPs keep on chobolan and ignore resident's problems

View attachment 117679
This guy was attacked twice. Seriously la, some self-reflection? haha

Seng was first elected to parliament in 1996, representing the Ang Mo Kio Group Representation Constituency; he was returned to his seat in 2001, and then in 2006 was elected to represent the Yio Chu Kang Single Member Constituency.[1]

In May 2006, Seng was attacked by a constituent of his, a 74-year-old disgruntled former taxi driver who felt that Seng was not taking any action to help him regain his lost taxi licence. The man later made a public apology to Seng, and the charges were dropped.[3]

In January 2009, Seng suffered another attack by one of his constituents; a 70-year-old man set him on fire by pouring paint thinner on his back and then igniting him with a cigarette lighter.[4] The man was believed to be mentally ill. Seng suffered burns to roughly 15 percent of his body, and received treatment at Singapore General Hospital.[5] He took time off to recover from his injuries, and resumed his duties in July 2009.[6]

mahjongking

Alfrescian
Loyal
what i meant was with our stressful society, more things like this is bound to happen,
of course not everyone is bad in pap and not everyone is good in opposition

LordElrond

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Haha after hearing about “her parents not married” ah neh already formed conclusion this is a fucked up family with fucked up problems. Sinkie sheep like Ms Chua are easy to handle, you just have to pretend to empathise with her without actually helping her. Looks like ah neh don’t have basic human decency.