• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Breaking: Toyota CEO Shocking Warning To Shutdown EVs! Ford & GM also shocked as they can't sell EVs!

Hightech88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Perhaps it's time to dismantle all EV charging networks in SG before more hell break loose...LOL

Eisenhut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Japs should blame themselves for being too passive in marketing their hydrogen tech, which i think is a better idea than EV, even though the conversion efficiency needs to be improved.

Instead they let Elon Musk bring whole world to Horlan

Hightech88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Japs should blame themselves for being too passive in marketing their hydrogen tech, which i think is a better idea than EV, even though the conversion efficiency needs to be improved.

Instead they let Elon Musk bring whole world to Horlan

Yes, EVs are a farking joke. EVs can market themselves with 400 to even 600 km driving range.

But in the farking reality, EV batteries have to charge from 20% minimum onwards to max 80% to preserve life of battery, so end up actual range is only at 60%.

Means for a '400km' range, actual can only go 240km, kumlan, not forgetting have to queue with long charging time and risk of tokong EV fires like fireworks etc.

All these ranjiao farking EVs should be banned la.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Those who live in temperate countries will find out that using battery-operated cars in winter is a very bad idea. :wink:

But of course, the Davos-hypnotized dimwits who are part of the anti-carbon cult won't admit this. :cool:

Eisenhut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, EVs are a farking joke. EVs can market themselves with 400 to even 600 km driving range.

But in the farking reality, EV batteries have to charge from 20% minimum onwards to max 80% to preserve life of battery, so end up actual range is only at 60%.

Means for a '400km' range, actual can only go 240km, kumlan, not forgetting have to queue with long charging time and risk of tokong EV fires like fireworks etc.

All these ranjiao farking EVs should be banned la.

Also dun forget with hot weather need air-conditioning, winter need heating

See here:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
I'm, pro EV simply because they're just so much more fun to drive. Add Tesla's AI self driving and my dream of just getting into my car and telling it where to go will hopefully soon be a reality.

Cold weather cannot possibly be a major stumbling block or we wouldn't have Tesla dominating the market in one of the coldest countries on earth.

reuters.com
Electric cars hit 65% of Norway sales as Tesla grabs overall pole

Victoria Klesty

OSLO, Jan 3 (Reuters) - Electric cars made up nearly two thirds of Norway's new sales in 2021, with Tesla the top selling automobile brand overall, as the country pursues its goal of becoming the first to end the sale of petrol and diesel cars.

Eisenhut

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm, pro EV simply because they're just so much more fun to drive. Add Tesla's AI self driving and my dream of just getting into my car and telling it where to go will hopefully soon be a reality.

Cold weather cannot possibly be a major stumbling block or we wouldn't have Tesla dominating the market in one of the coldest countries on earth.

Self drive Algorithm, Tesla AI can also work in ICE.

But problem is charging time and range.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Self drive Algorithm, Tesla AI can also work in ICE.

But problem is charging time and range.

For those who have a charging port at home charging time and range are not an issue. I'll keep my EV topped up the same way I keep my phone charged ie plugging it in when I'm home.

An EV is currently ideal for 95% of my daily trips which are less than 60km. I'll still use good old petrol/diesel on a road trip out of town.

My prediction is that in 5 to 10 years time charging times and range anxiety will be a thing of the past. So much can happen in a decade at the current pace that technology is advancing that the future is simply unimaginable.

Eisenhut

Alfrescian
Loyal
For those who have a charging port at home charging time and range are not an issue. I'll keep my EV topped up the same way I keep my phone charged ie plugging it in when I'm home.

An EV is currently ideal for 95% of my daily trips which are less than 60km. I'll still use good old petrol/diesel on a road trip out of town.

My prediction is that in 5 to 10 years time charging times and range anxiety will be a thing of the past. So much can happen in a decade at the current pace that technology is advancing that the future is simply unimaginable.

How you drive from Austria to Italy or france? Gotta search special charging station , panic when charge goes low.

Tough sial

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
How you drive from Austria to Italy or france? Gotta search special charging station , panic when charge goes low.

Tough sial

I have no experience driving through Europe in a Tesla. However in NZ there are already sufficient charging stations for a round trip of both Islands. Your Tesla will plan everything for you right from the center console.

Or you can plan ahead at https://www.tesla.com/trips#/?v=M3_2020_LongRange&o=Auckland, New Zealand_Auckland Auckland [email protected],174.7644881&s=&d=Dunedin, New Zealand_Dunedin Otago [email protected],170.5005957

The longest charge is 70 minutes at Christchurch. Combine that with a lunch or dinner stop and you're good to go.

A lot of resistance towards EVs goes away with a simple mindset change. I used to be anti EV simply because I was a petrol head who loved the smell of burning oil and the gurgle of a V8. Since then I have seen the future and I'm pretty sure EVs are the way to go especially when combined with AI powered self driving technology.