• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious BBC does article on Npark and AVA's murder of Coney Island cow

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
[h=1]Coney Island: The life and death of a lonely Singapore cow[/h]
Singapore's favourite - and only - wild cow died this week. The Coney Island Cow lived for years on a small island north-eastern park, but as Heather Chen explains, its origins were as mysterious as its death was sad.
Nameless and elusive, no-one really knows how the lonely bull wound up on Coney Island.
"The animal may have wandered in. It was only noticed after dam crossings were built," said Singapore's National Parks Board (NParks), responsible for managing the city state's greenery.
"But as no-one has reported a lost cow, its presence on the island remains a mystery."

The 133-hectare island was once owned by the Haw Par brothers, the wealthy entrepreneurs behind Tiger Balm who have left such a sizeable footprint on Singapore's modern history.
They sold it in the 1950s to an Indian businessman who wanted to turn remodel it after the popular New York amusement destination.
But nothing materialised despite a name change, and the land was slated for government redevelopment.
[h=2]It will be missed[/h]One year ago, the island became Singapore's newest national park, being opened up to tourists for hiking and cycling, on a short network of paths.
It was then everyone became aware that the island already belonged to one magnificent beast: The Cow.
With it solitary stoic presence, it quickly became a local legend among Singaporeans, most of whom live in the city or suburbs and have little interaction with livestock.

No trip to Coney Island was complete without trying to track down the cow, heeding the strict warning signs about not feeding it, provoking it or trying to photograph it.
Sadly, his life came to an unlucky end this week, when he failed to wake up after a routine veterinary check-up.
Officials said he had likely died of heart and lung complications while necessarily sedated.
"The cow was a recognisable part of Coney Island Park and will be missed," said NParks.

Singaporeans from all walks of life came together on social media to mourn the passing of their favourite cow.
"He was a real gangster, roaming about the island without caring about anyone," reminisced Xun Low on Facebook.
"I am actually saddened to hear this," shared Julie Low. "I saw it once when I visited Coney Island. My sons were so excited. How often do you see large animals roaming around freely in Singapore?"
"So sad, I haven't even gotten the chance to meet you during my last two trips to Coney Island," said Selin Sim.
"RIP Mr Cow," said Ahmad Ishak. "Though I never met you and have missed you during all my visits to Coney Island, I bet that you will be missed by many."

Others like Benjamin Seah, questioned the need for sedating an old animal. NParks said given its size there was no other option.
"It was living there peacefully for so many years and now it can't be be revived," he said.
But many Singaporeans like Ahmed Alshahab found a bit of humour in the situation.
"The cow was roaming around happily. So what killed it? A health screening!"
While some compared the news to the death of Cincinnati Zoo gorilla Harambe, others like Zulkifli Rokhim offered a cheeky suggestion.
"Rename the place 'Cowney Island' as tribute," she said.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Penang Cow to replace Coney Island Cow. He will be the king of Coney Island, while GayLoong will remain king of Singapore Island.