• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Auntie hawker with dementia....sad

Voldermort

Alfrescian
Loyal
Today encountered something which I feel sad. Auntie is our pioneer hawker who is having dementia, been hawker since street vendor time. Few years ago because of auntie dementia illness, uncle had to retire and take care of her. Today I saw auntie in hawker centre walking around a number of time and I sense she lost her way home, so my family and me approached her and ask if she know her way home. After that we confirm that she lost her way home.

We tried to ask around hawkers who had uncle contact but nobody have. Luckily my helpful fellow hawker Emilie Wang who has a regular customer who know uncle so we are able to contact uncle and bring auntie home. We managed to get uncle contact number, if touch wood if auntie lost her way again we are able to contact him.
I grew up in a hawker centre, its a pain to see elderly hawkers who aged and have to overcome illness. It's like they feel very helpless. Uncle love his hawker job, even at the age if over 80 he still wanna continued working but no family member taking over the stall and there is no manpower to help them. When we are talking about our prestigious Unceso award title, how much we can help to protect this hawker culture? How can we help to our pioneer hawkers who are in need of help? Pioneer hawker deserved the credit which they put through, without them we would not have our unesco status today.

Hope friends can be vigilant on elderly behaving unsual, example like wondering around, can't tell you who they are. We are worry that if they go to road with traffic flow or fall down and something bad will happened.
1f64f.png

#showlovetoelderly #ourhawkerculture #hawkersuniteddabao2020 #pioneerhawker #saluteourhawkerheros

1650603984016.png