• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Artificial Beaches

lauhumku

Alfrescian
Loyal

Paris-Plages : Artificial beaches on the bank of the River Seine

paris-plage_1682541i.jpg

Temporary artificial beaches have opened along the river Seine in the centre of Paris.
The scheme started a single beach in 2002 and has now expanded to three separate beaches.

suntan-lotion_1682556i.jpg

Unlike many beaches in France, topless sunbathing is not permitted, and no swimming is allowed in the river.

overhead_1682537i.jpg

The scheme runs from July 20 to August 20 and the beaches are open from 8.00 am to midnight.

lauhumku

Alfrescian
Loyal

sand-castles_1682559i.jpg

In addition to the beaches, there are swimming pools, concert stages, play areas, boules courts and deckchairs.

zip-wire_1682547i.jpg

Children play in a recreational area on the opening day of the Paris Plage event.

police-boat_1682555i.jpg

A police boat passes the artificial beach on the right bank of the River Seine.

lauhumku

Alfrescian
Loyal

water-spray_1682529i.jpg

Children play in the refreshing mist set up on the right bank of the River Seine.

zorbing_1682533i.jpg

People play in giant plastic spheres set up in front of the Hotel de Ville (Paris City Hall)

zorb-close-up_1682546i.jpg

Children play inside large plastic spheres.

workers-sand_1682558i.jpg

Municipal workers set up an artificial beach on the banks of the Seine.