• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Are you hungry yet?

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sober IT truths from the island-state
by Suzanna Low, Singapore
An explosion of food bloggers in Singapore
Sep 10, 2008 19:27

A long time ago, blogging was almost considered a kind of online private diary... till someone found your entries online. Then it was no longer private. A few years later, there's been an explosion of bloggers from all walks of life and on all kinds of topics. And yes. I am one of those contributing to the numbers. :-D

So what's the point of this entry? Well, recently I was looking for some bloggers to invite to a food tasting event. But they can't be just any other blogger as there are criterias to meet in order to be invited. Hence, I was on the hunt for local food bloggers.

Well, to say I was shocked was understating it. I've never seen that many food bloggers online (and I bet more and more are emerging from their kitchens to the Net).

With so many food bloggers online, some companies have set up online blog advertising communities. Prominant ones in Southeast Asia that have been actively promoting the bloggers and helping them get adversting opportunities are Nuffnang, Foodbuzz and Blog2U.

These companies assist the bloggers to get featured online, keep them up to date, and help get them invited to product launches and paid advertisments on their blogs. What good opportunities.

So let's not talk about the already well-publicized food bloggers in Singapore. Some of the other good food bloggers whom I got to know are:

Camemberu

Kuidaore

Food Recentrunes

Black Tie, White Lie

Ironcheflady

Milk Milk

Southernoise Gluttony

Diners, bakers, cooks, food critics, hence, food bloggers. You can also check out other food bloggers from their friends' list.

After all that effort looking through food blogs, it's making me hungry. So I'm going to end here and go satisfy my hunger. See ya!