• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

any BSD users / players here? Apple OS based on BSD

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
Latest Ghost-BSD & Open-BSD released.

These are the most stable OS as far as I know. Their top aim is reliability. They won't go for any unstable advances nor greedy for performance which are at the expense of reliability / stability. Mission critical and security critical systems can count on them most. They will run for the longest up-time and have the least risk of being hacked / compromised.

2011-11-01 BSD Release: OpenBSD 5.0
http://distrowatch.com/openbsd

Theo de Raadt has announced the release of OpenBSD 5.0, a new version of a BSD-based operating system renown for its high security thanks to meticulous code review. Some of the new features and systems in the new release include: "Improved hardware support, including: MSI interrupts for many devices, on those architectures which can support them (amd64, i386, sparc64 only so far); a new dma_alloc(9) API makes it easier for kernel code to allocate dma-safe memory; as a result, big-memory support has been enabled on all possible architectures; the rather rare bce(4) driver now copies mbufs all the time, to cope with the hardware having a 1 GB limit. Highlights: GNOME 2.32.2, KDE 3.5.10, Mozilla Firefox 3.5.19, 3.6.18 and 5.0, LibreOffice 3.4.1, PHP 5.2.17 and 5.3.6, Chromium 12.0.742.122...." A much more comprehensive list of features can be found in the detailed release notes. Quick links to download installation CD images for the i386 and amd64 architectures: i386/install50.iso (219MB, SHA256), amd64/install50.iso (233MB, SHA256).

2011-10-31 Development Release: GhostBSD 2.5 Beta 3
http://distrowatch.com/ghostbsd
Eric Turgeon has announced the availability of the third beta of GhostBSD 2.5, a user-friendly, GNOME-based FreeBSD distribution - now also with a live graphical installer: "The GhostBSD release is late following the FreeBSD 9.0 release status. We have only released beta 3 on October 30, 2011. List of bugs fixed: auto-mount on amd64 and PiTiVi on amd64; free space output on the GUI and text installer; second install option on text installer; Linux base system compatibility on DVD; Linux Flash player on DVD. To install GhostBSD you have two options. A new option is by clicking on the GhostBSD Installer icon or typing 'gbi' on terminal for GUI installation. Typing ginstall in a terminal is for the new text-mode installer. Ginstall is a great tool for those can get to GUI or their keyboard and mouse don't work on the GUI." Read the rest of the release announcement for more details. Download (MD5): GhostBSD-2.5-BETA3-i386.iso (967MB), GhostBSD-2.5-BETA3-amd64.iso (1,077MB), GhostBSD-2.5-BETA3-i386-lite.iso (669MB).