• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Another Reason for Voting in TJS into Presidency to Open Temasick's Book!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
icon.aspx
Coffeeshop Chit Chat - FUCKING DIMWITS!!!

<TBODY>
</TBODY>
To: ALL <NOBR></NOBR>(1 of 2)

<TBODY>
</TBODY>
Temasek Sells Down Thai Telecom Asset At Loss
Interesting news today that Singapore’s sovereign wealth fund has offloaded shares in Shin Corp, its major Thai asset, at a substantial loss. Temasek Holdings sold around 8% of Shin Corp for 36 baht a share, yielding $308 million, a substantial discount to the market price, according to Reuters:
Temasek’s stake sale comes just over a month after the Puea Thai Party led by Yingluck Shinawatra, the sister of self-exiled Thaksin, won a general election in a landslide. She became the prime minister this month.
The sale of Shin Corp’s controlling stake by Thaksin’s family in 2006 triggered the events that led to his overthrow by the military in September that year.
The news of Cedar stake sale sent Shin Corp shares down more than 6 percent as investors worried that Temasek may sell more Shin shares at a discount. At 0509 GMT, the shares were at 38.25 baht, down 4.4 percent.
The 36 baht offer price is a 10 percent discount to Shin’s Wednesday close of 40 baht.
It is also a significant discount from the 49.25 baht a share that Temasek-linked units paid in 2006 to purchase a controlling stake in Shin Corp from the family of Thaksin Shinawatra.
via UPDATE 1-Singapore’s Temasek unit selling 8 pct in Thai Shin Corp | Reuters.
Temasek may have decided to cut its losses as Thailand’s telecoms sector is hopelessly tangled in political and regulatory battles that have delayed the introduction of 3G, even as other Asian countries embrace 4G. Its placement of shares in the market will raise the free float of Shin, whose major asset is AIS, Thailand’s largest mobile operator. Investors don’t bother with the stock as there is so little liquidity.
Page 1 2 Next Page »
http://www.forbes.com/sites/simonmontlake/2011/08/19/temasek-sells-down-thai-telecom-asset-at-loss/

<TBODY>
</TBODY>

<TBODY>
</TBODY>

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=2]Why I will vote Mr. Tan Jee Say as my President[/h]

tjs443.jpg

I will vote Mr. Tan Jee Say (TJS) for President because of his personal character and values, academic excellence, professional experience, his independence and his presidential platform.

TJS was not born son a banker, like one of his presidential challengers. His mother was a washerwoman and his father a coffee shop manager, eking out a living for a family of nine children. As a school boy, TJS and his siblings helped their mother with her laundry work. His humble beginnings taught him the value of frugality and humility. He lives not in a guarded palatial residence, but in a 25-year (?) single-story house with simple furnishings “dwarfed by neighboring swanky multi-storey terrace houses”. (S.T. 14Aug2011). With such background, he understands what hardship means, and can hence empathize with the poor and the needy as a President.
Despite the odds, TJS distinguished in his studies and won a Government Overseas Merit Scholarship to study at Oxford University. He graduated with a degree in Philosophy, Politics and Economics.

TJS’s academic excellence is enhanced by his work experience both in the Civil Service and in the corporate world. He served in the Civil Service for 11 years, including 6 years in the Ministry of Trade and Industry (1979-1985), where he rose to be Deputy Director for Economic and Manpower Planning. He was concurrently secretary to Albert Winsemius, the government’s economic adviser. He also served as DPM Goh Chok Tong’s pps from 1985-1990.

In the corporate world, TJS worked in finance and investment for over a decade (1990-2001). He rose to be Finance Director of Deutsche Morgan Grenfell in 1990, head of Peregine Capital Singapore in 1994, and Regional Managing Director, AIB Govett, an asset management company, in 1997-2001.

With such varied and diverse work exposure and experience, in economic planning and corporate finance and investment, TJS is well equipped for the important presidential role of guarding the National Reserve.
TJS’s independence of the ruling PAP party is beyond a doubt, unlike his 3 opponents. Tony Tan was a PAP member for 32 years (1979-Jun2011), holding various Cabinet posts. Tan Cheng Bock was a PAP MP for 26 years (1980-2006) and a PAP member for 31 years (1980-May2011). Tan Kin Lian was a PAP member for 30 years (1977-2008) and was branch secretary of Marine Parade PAP branch for 3 years. With decades of close association, they are all steeped in PAP culture of group-think, group-speak and group-yes on all issues. Another PAP President, coupled with a PAP government, will be more of the same.

TJS has put it succinctly: “The three candidates, for the last 10, 20, 30 years, have been with the PAP. They eat, breathe, sleep PAP, and now to expect them to have a breath of fresh air – that’s a lot to ask of them.” (ST 15Aug2011)

As his presidential platform, TJS has pledged to be “the conscience of the nation.” In announcing his candidacy TJS said:

“I am stepping forward because many Singaporeans want a non-PAP President whose independence of the PAP is clear, obvious and cannot be in doubt. Only such a person can have the moral authority to fulfill the mission of Elected President which is to provide checks and balances on the PAP Government.

I am aware of the constitutional limitations of the office of President. But the office of President is what the President makes it out to be. He can be as quiet and inactive as he chooses to be. Or he can be active. I want to be an active President, engaging the nation on issues of conscience and promoting worthy causes. The PAP Government has lost its moral compass. A President directly elected by the people will have the moral authority to remind them of their lapses. He shall be the conscience of the nation. Only a person with moral courage and conviction can step up to this role.

As President, I will be the conscience of the nation and I will speak up, speak out and speak for Singapore – speak up internally with the Government most of the time, speak out externally in public some of the time and speak for the people all the time.”

- Tan Jee Say 15 July 2011

TJS’s courage and conviction to speak up is best testified by Mr. Ngiam Tong Dow, permanent secretary of MTI: “He’s a courteous and agreeable man, but will also not hesitate to speak his mind”.
Such a President would be a truly people’s President, one who will not hesitate to “speak for the people all the time”.
Edward Chong

Last edited:

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal
You must be sick! You want to vote in a president so that he can spend his time on a witch hunt - instead of looking into the affairs of the state and the welfare of the people?

Want to go on a witch-hunt? Then get voted in as an MP. The Presidential Election is not a platform for this.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
TT will tell us Sinkies, "What the hell you sinkie peasants don't seem to be able to catch this is such a money making masterstroke. If temasek sells next year when the market crash as I predicted to 20 baht a share to $171mil for this lot I would have made $308mil - $171mil = $137mil for you ungrateful peasants. In fact we are thinking of selling the whole fucking lot to make more money for you."

Sperminator

Alfrescian
Loyal
Vote for Tan Jee Say as a start of showing PAP that Singaporeans got balls...

GE 2016, get at least 33% seats for Opposition... (i hope more... but from what i see, I am fucking disappointed by most singaporeans who are kiasi... kiasu... scared... pussies)