• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

AMDL exposed Glamping Society's $300 scam experience in the wilds

Cottonmouth

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://www.facebook.com/groups/885221925436949

If you are considering to try glamping in SG, stay away from Glamping Society. One word to describe their services and facilities: TRAGIC.
There is truly nothing ‘glam’ about Glamping Society unless your idea of glamour is a filthy, rundown tent with cheap decorations. This is supposed to be their main draw, decorations that you can get for a dollar or less, from AliExpress.
We were fully aware that it would be rough and rustic but for $300 a night just for the room no other perks or add-ons, it’s not too much to ask for an acceptable level of hygiene, no? I mean, they are marketing themselves as a “luxury experience” and for comparison, you can get a room, albeit the most basic, at the posh and historic Fullerton Hotel for around that price.
So it came as a bit of a shock that the tent was barely presentable and very poorly maintained. The outside is covered in green mold/ slime and other unsightly stains that in daylight, look like something out of a grisly crime scene.
We were greeted by a spider hanging from cobwebs upon entering and while this was amusing for us, communing with nature and all that, the layer of dust covering every square inch of the interior was not.
The inflatable mattresses were serviceable if not for the mildew-covered pillows and drool-stained beddings that were practically older than Metuselah. It became obvious that these were throwaway linens that Glamping Society salvaged from the bins of budget hotels, New Asia Star Hotel in particular, which at least, has no pretences of luxury from what I can see from a quick Google search.
As you can see, the ‘room’ was quite vile but the wee one had been looking forward to this camping trip for weeks that I couldn’t bring myself to disappoint him so instead of leaving right there and then - which would have been the correct decision, I made the mistake of asking the “Director” of the company to please clean the dust and change the beddings into something more acceptable. And they did, except the new pillow cases had even more stains than before.
1f635.png

As if that’s not repulsive enough, the “private toilet” we were led to believe exists is in fact a dilapidated hovel that is accessible to everyone at the very public fishing area right next to it.
Aside from being so squalid that the surfaces are literally brown and black in places, the toilets also stank sharply of pee that has been stewing forever. Upon feedback, the “director” haughtily retorted that we should be thankful it’s not clogged or covered in used nappies like as if that’s the gold standard for “luxury” service.
1f923.png

A down payment was required to reserve the tent with the balance payable upon check-in. When it became clear we weren’t happy with the derelict conditions, the “director” resorted to extortionist means sending her ‘caretaker’ to barge in, completely disregarding our privacy and refusing to leave even when asked repeatedly. The whole time she was also not wearing a mask and acted crazy further violating our health and safety.
Apparently, her boss gave her orders to trespass and to not budge until she collected payment on the spot. Indeed, the boss had the gall to repeat these threats over the phone telling us that our only choice is to pay up, or her caretaker will continue to harass us through the night.
1f631.png
This is how they dealt with complaints, gangster-style.
On a side note, they also don’t issue any invoice and when I asked for one, they didn’t have a registration number which means they are not a recognised business entity in SG. When I clarified, they sent one under an “education consultancy” company that has definitely nothing to do with hospitality but under which they claim, Glamping Society is a “subsidiary.”
From what I know, even subsidiaries should have their own GST number so all in all, this operation is not only beyond disgusting with absolutely no redeeming qualities but also very dodgy.
So friends, please save yourselves and help spread the word so no one else falls victim to such shameless racketeers who lie outright to get your business.
Unpalatable pictures attached as proof. Skim at your own risk. You’ve been warned.
ETA: We stayed at their Kranji Farm Resort location.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/885221925436949/posts/885474045411737

Cottonmouth

Alfrescian
Loyal
Besides the m&ds, who else has this sort of fantasy of fucking in the open and sleeping in the wilds, at $300 no less. If only there were hyenas or wild boars paying them a visit in their tents...

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Nice exposé from this Pinay.
It's quite disgraceful of this Glamping Society to be using recycled linen and pillows from other hotels and charging $300 for this shitty experience. They are treating customers like fools.

Well......why would anyone want to "glamp" in Singapore?

Having said that at least the standard should be it is clean and hygienic. Terrible rip off. I think the owner probably thinks anyone Glamping in Singapore would be ashamed enough not to review badly. LOL!

Cottonmouth

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well......why would anyone want to "glamp" in Singapore?

Having said that at least the standard should be it is clean and hygienic. Terrible rip off. I think the owner probably thinks anyone Glamping in Singapore would be ashamed enough not to review badly. LOL!

I wouldn't even consider it ...

New Asia Star hotel is some shitty 1 star in Little India, it's a surprise they bothered with embroidery on their bed linen.

200p190000016fibp09FA_R_550_412_R5_Q70_D.jpg
240929000_10158011250735894_4217376464997653014_n.jpg

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
this is called glamping. outdoor deck with artificial mist by a vineyard at the start of harvest in late summer or early fall. served with cold cuts, caviar, carpaccio, 6.9 types of wine with cheapest chardonnay at $69 and most sexpensive cabernet at $369. and hang around covered deck until sunset with catered dinner from a michelin-star restaurant. total tab = (only) $269 including 26.9% tip for butler/sommelier. wine tasting is free from membership privileges. it pays to be a member. only $369 per quarter of wine purchases. true authenticity and class. sg very fake.
967239F5-1162-4175-8904-2B121B4FF726.jpeg

F88CBADD-E03A-436F-8BC3-9540CA5D4D0D.jpeg

Last edited: