• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A call for bloggers to preserve legacy of JBJ

Avantas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear fellow bloggers,

Mr J.B. Jeyaretnam, whom many of us have held in high regards and esteem, had left us.

The state media, which had protrayed JBJ negatively for decades will not have anything nice to write about him. In fact, we were peeved by a CNA report today attempting to contort the truth with its unfair emphasis on JBJ’s conviction in 1985 (which it politically motivated) and his bankruptcy as a result of defamation suits lodged against him by the PAP.

Even after his passing, the PAP will continue to dismiss his “confrontational style” politics as irrelevant to Singapore. JBJ has been the nemesis of the PAP for years. They will not want another JBJ to emerge to challenge them. But what Singaporeans really think is a real opposition leader like JBJ - who dares to speak up for them fearlessly and truthfully.

For the next 3 days, we will be publishing accounts of JBJ’s life including his ideas, speeches, pictures and videos to mourn his passing.

Read rest of article here:

http://wayangparty.wordpress.com/20...-to-preserve-the-legacy-of-jbj-in-cyberspace/

kakowi

Alfrescian
Loyal
for the next 3 days, can supporters of party A say something good about party B and vice versa?

after all, if many of you want to go and see JBJ off, you do not want to be carrying knives right?

No knives!

not on your persons

and not in your persons

myjohnson

Alfrescian
Loyal
The war has ended, there will be no more fights between JBJ and LKY for he is now in heaven and the other is going straight to HELL and soon!

Avantas

Alfrescian
Loyal
What about the wayang king who oust JBJ from WP ?

When will be he going to pay his debts ?

The war has ended, there will be no more fights between JBJ and LKY for he is now in heaven and the other is going straight to HELL and soon!

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
Had the LEEgime been replaced, Mr. JBJ would get a state funeral which is well deserved and hard earned by his great contributions. There is no way Singaporeans can ever properly repay this great man.

Some day a memorial house should be setup for Mr. JBJ for public to visit and remember him. In Chinese 惹耶勒南纪念馆。

Dear fellow bloggers,

Mr J.B. Jeyaretnam, whom many of us have held in high regards and esteem, had left us.

The state media, which had protrayed JBJ negatively for decades will not have anything nice to write about him. In fact, we were peeved by a CNA report today attempting to contort the truth with its unfair emphasis on JBJ’s conviction in 1985 (which it politically motivated) and his bankruptcy as a result of defamation suits lodged against him by the PAP.

Even after his passing, the PAP will continue to dismiss his “confrontational style” politics as irrelevant to Singapore. JBJ has been the nemesis of the PAP for years. They will not want another JBJ to emerge to challenge them. But what Singaporeans really think is a real opposition leader like JBJ - who dares to speak up for them fearlessly and truthfully.

For the next 3 days, we will be publishing accounts of JBJ’s life including his ideas, speeches, pictures and videos to mourn his passing.

Read rest of article here:

http://wayangparty.wordpress.com/20...-to-preserve-the-legacy-of-jbj-in-cyberspace/

Avantas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Uncle Yap,

You appeared so depressed just now, are you all right ?

What are the future plans for Reform Party ?

The wayangparty chaps have taken some pictures here:

http://wayangparty.wordpress.com/20...ervice-at-mount-vernon-30-september-2008-9pm/

Had the LEEgime been replaced, Mr. JBJ would get a state funeral which is well deserved and hard earned by his great contributions. There is no way Singaporeans can ever properly repay this great man.

Some day a memorial house should be setup for Mr. JBJ for public to visit and remember him. In Chinese 惹耶勒南纪念馆。

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Uncle Yap,

You appeared so depressed just now, are you all right ?

What are the future plans for Reform Party ?

The wayangparty chaps have taken some pictures here:

http://wayangparty.wordpress.com/20...ervice-at-mount-vernon-30-september-2008-9pm/

I am better now, thanks.

Disappointed that TTSH doctors could not save Mr. JBJ's live, if they could, he will be still so willing to fight on. He literally fought for Singaporeans until his very last day.

I was in court on trial (Dr CSJ also) and applied for adjournment to help in JBJ's funeral. I applied for adjournment until funeral is over, but prosecutor objected my application as a result only half day (this morning was given).

I rushed to Singapore Casket when Mr. JBJ's body was being embalmed, and rushed with Mr. Ng to try to find a good portrait of Mr. JBJ to be enlarged (nothing ideal until now), and then to Mr. JBJ's house to collect clothes (+shoes and belt etc) which his body is to be dressed with by Singapore Casket. Then rushed back to court again at 1430hr. When I told the judge I had all these things to do, I broke down and cried in court, had not cried since my own beloved granny past about 10 years ago.

As I was in no condition to testify on the witness stand the court also adjourned for the afternoon, but could not leave the court until 5pm because I had to apply or subpoenas to call witnesses.

There is still no portrait at Mr. JBJ's wake tonight, because no satisfactory quality portrait had been found in time.

JBJ8.jpg

This one was taken by reporter at Reform Party's Press Conf, was sort by myself from reporter, it is so far the best portrait I can get my hands on.:(

Any one who can provide better high resolution digital portrait please email me!

Thanks!

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
As I said before, RP must be prepared for any situation for succession if any untoward incident were to happen to JBJ, so as to secure its future.

I hope the RP has contingency plans so that it can live beyond JBJ. It'd be sad if it ever fails just because of his death. JBJ would also feel terribly disappointed. He knows this party has to continue even with his passing.

Avantas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Heaven really have no eyes...

Just when JBJ has paid off his debts and formed the RP, he is gone.

Those PAP suckers who are living off JBJ's money now should be struck by lightning !

As I said before, RP must be prepared for any situation for succession if any untoward incident were to happen to JBJ, so as to secure its future.

I hope the RP has contingency plans so that it can live beyond JBJ. It'd be sad if it ever fails just because of his death. JBJ would also feel terribly disappointed. He knows this party has to continue even with his passing.

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
Heaven really have no eyes...

Just when JBJ has paid off his debts and formed the RP, he is gone.

Those PAP suckers who are living off JBJ's money now should be struck by lightning !

Look, God has his own reasons on why He wanted JBJ back. We just have to get on with it, and ensure that JBJ's RP continue even after his death.

Its not the time to talk about the past extensively. What's done is done.