• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

41588MID Kena!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=510 align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>Motoring Goondus
Posted on 02 Sep, 2008 10:53
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=530 align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>SAF driver suddenly switches lane without signaling

STOMPer Teio was travelling along Eunos Link towards Jalan Eunos this morning when he almost had an accident with an MID vehicle, whilst trying to turn.

In his email to STOMP, the STOMPer recounted:

“I was travelling along Eunos Link toward Jalan Eunos this morning at around 11.30am.

“While my car was travelling at lane two and this MID (41588MID) Car was travelling at Lane one, I assumed that the driver was waiting to turn right or go straight but happened to be in the wrong queue and was caught in a jammed by the on-queuing vehicle turning right into Ubi Ave 2.

“So as my car was travelling along lane two, this car which was still at lane one (before the demarcated lane - right turn lane), the driver of the MID vehicle suddenly changed abruptly into my lane without any signal or advance warning.

“As a result, my car nearly hit the MID car, so as normal reaction, I sounded my horn at him. Without any sign of apology from the driver or the Vehicle Commander, they just sped off.”
I personally feel that SAF driver should have some sense of road discipline and courtesy especially since they are driving a MID vehicle.

“Although the max speed for this car is 80km/h, the speed limit for the road along Eunos Link towards Jalan Eunos (before the PIE flyover) is 50km/h.

“And at that point of time, my vehicle was travelling at around 50km/h and this car, in order to lane change ‘fast’ from stationary, it needed a speed which is faster than my car.

“He did a reckless act. This bad example makes me think that SAF school of transport don't coach their drivers well in terms of road safety.”

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=530 align=center border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top align=right><TD colSpan=2>
» Share this​

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>