• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

30 Reasons to take up Cycling

dr.wailing

Alfrescian
Loyal
I noticed that you are pretty much scared of things.
When they affect your health, well, yes.

Why would a sane and reasonable man subject himself to swallowing pee, copious amounts of bacteria and viruses in public swimming pools?

Did you know that people do pee in swimming pools? That they spit too? What about those who lao sai (pass watery stools) into the pools?

Some women who are menstruating insist on swimming in pools. And some women have fungal infections in their private parts. Despite their doctor's advice, they go ahead anyway.

That's not all. Men who contract chlamydia from their sex partners unwittingly spread the germ into the pools.

And I could go on to list many more, ad nauseam.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Why would a sane and reasonable man subject himself to swallowing pee, copious amounts of bacteria and viruses in public swimming pools?

Did you know that people do pee in swimming pools? That they spit too? What about those who lao sai (pass watery stools) into the pools?

Some women who are menstruating insist on swimming in pools. And some women have fungal infections in their private parts. Despite their doctor's advice, they go ahead anyway.

That's not all. Men who contract chlamydia from their sex partners unwittingly spread the germ into the pools.

Years ago, a hawker told me how to eat pig's intestines. That was before the time of NEA and whatever stall licensing bullshit. He said not to think about the contents, just put into your mouth and swallow it.

Today I still eat pig's intestines and I love it.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I see your point.

dr.wailing

Alfrescian
Loyal
Doesn't hurt to stress the immune system once in a while if you're healthy
People make statements and decisions based on certain assumptions and hypotheses. Your statement is based on the hypothesis that the swimmers are healthy adults with robust, uncompromised immune systems.

People who are over 60 years old like myself, young children and toddlers and those with compromised immune systems (recipients of organ transplants, for example) should never ever swim in public pools.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11631580

Lads in Lycra are real alpha-males

Lycra-clad middle-aged men's attraction to cycling is linked to their alpha-male urges, a Kiwi sports psychologist says.

Campbell Thompson, who is preparing a number of sports teams for this year's Rio Olympics, will speak today on "The Psychology of the Mamil" at the Australian and New Zealand College of Anaesthetists' annual meeting. He reckons Mamils (middle-aged men in lycra) on suburban roads on weekends may be "sublimating primitive urges to mate and fight" by channelling their inner weekend warrior.

"The Mamil approaches recreational cycling in an intense and focused way," Thompson said. "Mamils are often highly motivated people who are putting that energy into a sport. He channels his 'weekend warrior', developing an almost professional level of competitiveness about what is a social activity."

- Herald on Sunday

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
People make statements and decisions based on certain assumptions and hypotheses. Your statement is based on the hypothesis that the swimmers are healthy adults with robust, uncompromised immune systems.

People who are over 60 years old like myself, young children and toddlers and those with compromised immune systems (recipients of organ transplants, for example) should never ever swim in public pools.

Okay, that's a good point