• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

2 lost hikers in Singapore found, guess the race?

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When I do serious hiking in forested areas, I never take my phone with me. :cool:

Use the direction of the sun to guide you. And listen to the faint sounds of traffic or flowing water from rivers and canals.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
macritchie also get lost, here also lost.these kind of ppl let them rot inside the forest better

MacRitchie is okay since there will be many other hikers and runners. You won't be alone, you can ask one for directions as a last resort.

I love to hike from Bukit Timah all the way to MacRitchie, via Rifle Range Rd. If through Rifle Range Nature Park, then exit and go north a bit along Jalan Kampong Chantek before turning into the same Rifle Range Rd.

Turn left and south along the Lornie Rd (past a golf course) to get to the main entrance and carpark.
Turn right and north if you want to walk the Tree Top Walk. Eventually you will reach Venus Drive, go south a bit to Thomson Plaza (Upper Thomson MRT), or go further east along Sin Ming Ave to ogle at some monks at the Bright Hill monastery. :biggrin:

Reactions: jw5

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Also, many of those high SES private residential areas sometimes have roads that lead to a dead end. On the map it's very close to where you want to go, but there is no access. So you have to backtrack, and it is this backtracking where you sometimes get lost, especially if you are inexperienced with the area.

Kheam Hock Road is the link between Botanic Gardens and MacRitchie.

Liquigas

Alfrescian
Loyal
These hikers must have tried to bash through the dense vegetation in an attempt to reach the depth of the nature reserve. They should know that hikers are only allowed to use the hiking trails. Maybe to relive good old days of SAF jungle training?

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
My question is, how do you get yourself lost in the kind of vegetation of Singapore?

I can understand you are lost in the dense forest of Malaysia , Indonesia or even in Brunei. But how to get yourself lost in Singapore?

A few steps you see roads , you see trail and hear sound of traffic.

The gurkhas must be feeling amused and snigger at the hikers.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My question is, how do you get yourself lost in the kind of vegetation of Singapore?

I can understand you are lost in the dense forest of Malaysia , Indonesia or even in Brunei. But how to get yourself lost in Singapore?

A few steps you see roads , you see trail and hear sound of traffic.

The gurkhas must be feeling amused and snigger at the hikers.

Some people even get lost in a bigger mall e.g. Suntec City. So this is to be expected.