• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

‘This whole idea that Singapore is better than Malaysia needs to stop’ says Singaporean

SBFNews

Alfrescian
Loyal
‘This whole idea that Singapore is better than Malaysia needs to stop’ says Singaporean
theindependent.sg
Screenshot-2023-02-20-at-3.04.59-PM-542x385.png

SINGAPORE: In a thread that went viral, a Singaporean Reddit user admitted to thinking that Malaysia isn’t “all that bad,” adding that Singapore’s only advantages are “public transport and cleanliness and ‘less corruption.’”

Other than that, “there’s really nothing more to Singapore than just another westernised city,” opined the netizen on r/Malaysia on Saturday (Feb 18).

He not only wrote that “Malaysia is a proper sized country with things to do, and the people here are suprisingly warmer and friendlier and the country actually has a culture,” but added that “Singapore just feels like a hollow city compared to Malaysia.”

The post author further explained that the “Only downside of Malaysia is low income. Only upside of Singapore is high income,” and that the “best of both worlds” would have been to have Malaysian citizenship and Singaporean PR.

He mentioned that surveys have lately shown that “half of youngsters here having anxiety and depression” and that “Singapore is so small and claustraphobic.”

The point of his post was not to hate on Singapore, but to look at the countries’ strengths and weaknesses, as well as, for the author, “this whole idea of ‘Singapore is just better all the time’ kind of needs to stop.”

The post author later added that he was shocked that so many people agreed with him.

“I’ve come to appreciate Malaysia more because life is really chill over here… In SG, everyone is always trying to do things faster, and there’s a lot of competition/judgment,” wrote one.
Screenshot-2023-02-20-at-2.49.24-PM-1024x628.png
“If I have money, I would definitely choose Malaysia. But I do not, so I choose to slave in Sg instead,” another opined.
Screenshot-2023-02-20-at-2.50.59-PM.png
Another commenter agreed with him, “If you have money, it’s more enjoyable to live in Malaysia (and travel to Sg once in a while to have fun and spend on luxuries). For those who need money and want to make money faster, slaving (and living) in Sg is the way.”
Screenshot-2023-02-20-at-2.51.32-PM-1024x426.png
“Singapore is just a place to make money but quality of life? Malaysia – But first one must have the dough,” wrote another.
Screenshot-2023-02-20-at-2.52.07-PM-1024x249.png
“Many Malaysians and Singaporeans tend to view Singapore as superior to Malaysia. As I’ve gotten older, I’ve come to realise that this is overly simplistic. Many countries have their pros and cons and it all depends on what you want out of life,” one chimed in.
Screenshot-2023-02-20-at-2.52.41-PM-1024x713.png
/TISG
Send in your scoops to [email protected]

realDonaldTrump

Alfrescian
Loyal
Critetia should be quality of life .
some criterias

1. Growing Up & Education
Singapore win.
For the less well-off, singapore offers better standard of education and kids less likely to pick up smoking.

2. National Service
Malaysia win.
Singapore's NS obligations are too long including ten years of reservists. The only drawback for malaysia is that they draft a child from each household for three-months training. Many don't turn up, and nothing happens to them. For malaysian girls who are drafted, everyone knows stories of girls getting raped or sexually-assaulted in the camp.

3. Career
Singapore win.
You are better off in Singapore's civil service if you are not too motivated.

4. Cost of Living
Malaysia win.
Singapore is the world's most expensive city.

5. Retirement
Malaysia win.
Singapore is the world's most expensive city.

6. Chronic/Palliative Healthcare
Singapore win. SOS is familiar in this aspect, he can write you a report like ChatGPT. In summary, you will survive longer in Singapore.

FINAL SCORE
SINGAPORE 3 - 3 MALAYSIA

so how to play the game? Be a malaysian who has PR in Singapore.

countryman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Being a Sinkie male lose out the most cos of NS n reservist.. But I reckon NS n reservist is important for Sinkapor's survival...

Patriotmissile

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore is better when it comes to economy and Malaysia is better when it comes to lifestyle. Nothing wrong. Each has its Comparative Advantages.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
theindependent.sg
Screenshot-2023-02-20-at-3.04.59-PM-542x385.png

SINGAPORE: In a thread that went viral, a Singaporean Reddit user admitted to thinking that Malaysia isn’t “all that bad,” adding that Singapore’s only advantages are “public transport and cleanliness and ‘less corruption.’”

Other than that, “there’s really nothing more to Singapore than just another westernised city,” opined the netizen on r/Malaysia on Saturday (Feb 18).

He not only wrote that “Malaysia is a proper sized country with things to do, and the people here are suprisingly warmer and friendlier and the country actually has a culture,” but added that “Singapore just feels like a hollow city compared to Malaysia.”

The post author further explained that the “Only downside of Malaysia is low income. Only upside of Singapore is high income,” and that the “best of both worlds” would have been to have Malaysian citizenship and Singaporean PR.

He mentioned that surveys have lately shown that “half of youngsters here having anxiety and depression” and that “Singapore is so small and claustraphobic.”

The point of his post was not to hate on Singapore, but to look at the countries’ strengths and weaknesses, as well as, for the author, “this whole idea of ‘Singapore is just better all the time’ kind of needs to stop.”

The post author later added that he was shocked that so many people agreed with him.

“I’ve come to appreciate Malaysia more because life is really chill over here… In SG, everyone is always trying to do things faster, and there’s a lot of competition/judgment,” wrote one.
Screenshot-2023-02-20-at-2.49.24-PM-1024x628.png
“If I have money, I would definitely choose Malaysia. But I do not, so I choose to slave in Sg instead,” another opined.
Screenshot-2023-02-20-at-2.50.59-PM.png
Another commenter agreed with him, “If you have money, it’s more enjoyable to live in Malaysia (and travel to Sg once in a while to have fun and spend on luxuries). For those who need money and want to make money faster, slaving (and living) in Sg is the way.”
Screenshot-2023-02-20-at-2.51.32-PM-1024x426.png
“Singapore is just a place to make money but quality of life? Malaysia – But first one must have the dough,” wrote another.
Screenshot-2023-02-20-at-2.52.07-PM-1024x249.png
“Many Malaysians and Singaporeans tend to view Singapore as superior to Malaysia. As I’ve gotten older, I’ve come to realise that this is overly simplistic. Many countries have their pros and cons and it all depends on what you want out of life,” one chimed in.

Screenshot-2023-02-20-at-2.52.41-PM-1024x713.png
/TISG

Send in your scoops to [email protected]
Mudland is better than Spore. Democracy is alive and well there. And their vast country offers great vacation locations for the locals and foreigners. Cool mountain resorts to chill at, crystal clear lakes and beaches to swim in, wild jungles to explore, plus plentiful good food with fresh ingredients.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you stay and earn your living in Malaysia, it's not any better than the one (doing both the same) in Singapore either.

However, if you earn in Singapore and stay (or spend) in Malaysia, then it's definitely beneficial because it's 1:3.

daryl76

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you stay and earn your living in Malaysia, it's not any better than the one (doing both the same) in Singapore either.

However, if you earn in Singapore and stay (or spend) in Malaysia, then it's definitely beneficial because it's 1:3.
in big cities like KL, penang and maybe even JB yes, go kelantan, trengganu slightly better

still got really cheap food

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
in big cities like KL, penang and maybe even JB yes, go kelantan, trengganu slightly better

still got really cheap food
Then you cannot compare those small towns against the standard of living in Singapore, not apple to apple comparison.

Facilities and efficiencies are very much more limited in those small towns. Just take a trip to nearby Tangkak in Johor and you will see the scenario there is like Singapore 30 years ago. Pre-covid, I had driven to Sungai Lembing in Pahang. Even cell-phone signals there were intermittent. Even today, if you happen to be in Kulai, certain areas still have intermittent cell-phone signals, and no surprise even in the common shopping/market vicinity. Also, you'll experience water supply disruptions (for up to 24 hours at times) at no less than 20 times a year due to burst pipes because most of them are old and corroded. That is also why most Malaysian landed properties will have their own water tanks at the attic.

Last edited:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Singapore's so-called good days might come to an abrupt end soon. Money laundering hub will get its comeuppance. :biggrin:

0:43 onwards.

daryl76

Alfrescian
Loyal
Then you cannot compare those small towns against the standard of living in Singapore, not apple to apple comparison.

Facilities and efficiencies are very much more limited in those small towns. Just take a trip to nearby Tangkak in Johor and you will see the scenario there is like Singapore 30 years ago. Pre-covid, I had driven to Sungai Lembing in Pahang. Even cell-phone signals there were intermittent. Even today, if you happen to be in Kulai, certain areas still have intermittent cell-phone signals, and no surprise even in the common shopping/market vicinity. Also, you'll experience water supply disruptions (for up to 24 hours at times) at no less than 20 times a year due to burst pipes because most of them are old and corroded. That is also why most Malaysian landed properties will have their own water tanks at the attic.
even places like penang? they do the slightly not so well off places, food should be cheaper as compared to SG

why I felt this way, cos during our recent bkk trip, we actually followed the locals who go to their budget makan places, a meal can cost as low as 30 baht which is cheap, even for the locals

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you have no money, where got life? PAP has taught us money is everything. Life in Sinkapore is the best in the world.