• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

TR report in TNP - Full articles reproduced here

TRWatch

Alfrescian
Loyal
For the benefit of those who do not have the TNP paper, here are the 3 articles reproduced:

IS THIS DOCTOR BEHIND TEMASEK REVIEW?

Mystery man behind website critical of S'pore Government exposed by his smear campaign against MP Lee Bee Wah.

Report: Ng Wan Ching

News website Temasek Review has earned a reputation for its sharply critical views of the Government.

But the person behind the website has remained a mystery to he public - until now.

Despite his attempts to remain anonymous, a smear campaign he launched against Member of Parliament Lee Bee Wah proved to be his undoing.

After finding out about the incident, The New Paper, through its checks, has learnt of his identity.

The man behind Temasek Review and some of its caustic articles, often posted anonymously, is Dr Joseph Ong Chor Teck.

The medical doctor works at a clinic that is part of a chain here.

Dr Ong admintted he was the man behind posters which showed Ms Lee's photograph on the cover of a toilet bowl, with lines below it imploring Khatib residents to ask the MP to step down as the president of the Singapore Table Tennis Association (STTA).

Among the words were "Jamban MP", a term coined after an exchange between NCMP Sylvia Lim and Ms Lee, who used the world "jamban" (Malay for toilet) to make a point during a Budget debate in Parliament in 2007.

The poster appeared around Block 868 Yishun Street 81 in May last year, around the time the STTA refused to nominate former national head coach Lui Guodong, who led the women's team to a historic Olympic silver medal in 2008, for the Singapore Sports Awards.

A man had approached a Bangladeshi cleaner for help to put up the posters.

The New Paper tracked down the worker through his colleagues.

The worker, who wanted to be known only as Ali, confirmed that he had helped to put up the posters but said he had no clue what they were about.

He said: "He asked for my help to put up about 100 posters around the RC (resident's committee) corner, the barbecue area and some lamp-posts.

"I told him I was busy and couldn't spare the 10 minutes he had asked for but he kept pleading, so I finally agreed."

He described the man as a medium-built Chinese in late 20s or early 30s with fair complexion.

Ali, who has been working for the town council for six years, said he was questioned by police following the incident.

RC members who turned up early for a brisk walk event at 7am spotted the posters and removed them before Ms Lee showed up.

The former chairman of Zone F, Nee Soon South then made a police report.

When contacted, he confirmed the report and said that action was taken.

"It's all in the past now so I don't think there's a need to go over old ground," he said and declined to elaborate.

The New Paper understands that police investigations led them to Dr Ong, who was then called in to give statements.

Dr Ong confessed to getting the posters placed around Yishun Street 81.

The New Paper understands that he also identified himself to the police as being the founder of Wayang Party and later, Temasek Review.

Dr Ong was again called in about two months ago.

A police spokesman said: "In response to media queries, police confirmed that a subject was administered a conditional stern warning on Sept 3 fro the offence of intentional harassment."

A conditional warning requires, among other things, that the offender must maintain a clean record for a specified period, typically about 12 months.

If he commits another offence, he can be charged with the new offence as well as the previous one.

Closed down

Soon after police started investigating the matter, Wayang Party was closed down and Temasek Review was launched.

By then, word had gone around the Yishun estate that a medical doctor was implicated in the poster saga.

Dr Ong graduated in 2004 and had worked with the Health Sciences Authority (HSA) before taking his persent job as a GP for a Healthway Medical Group clinic in Sengkang.

An ex-Raffles Junior College student, Dr Ong is described as a quiet and reserved man by friends.

When approached at his clinic on Thursday, Dr Ong looked surprised that The New Paper had learnt of the warning he had received.

He said: "How do you know about the warning" How do you know about the case? I was told it would be confidential. As long as it did not make it to court, ti would be confidential."

When The New Paper asked about Temasek Review, he blinked and said: "The case is not supposed to be made public. As long as you put my name in your paper, I will sue you."

He asked this reporter to leave the clinic and threatened to call the police.

When The New Paper contacted Ms Lee for comments on the poster incident, she replied in an SMS that the issue was water under the bridge for her.

After two hours after he was approached, Dr Ong called The New Paper and threatened to take legal action.

That night, a posting appeared on Temasek Review purportedly by an Amanda Tan revealing specific details that emerged in the interview between The New Paper and Dr Ong.

Posting removed

At 7pm yesterday, the posting was removed.

Dr Ong again called The New Paper after 7pm yesterday to say he has nothing to do with Temasek Review, other than being a reader.

But some time later, he called and said he was no longer the webmaster of Temasek Review.

When asked whether that meant he was once the webmaster, he declined to answer.

He asked that we e-mail him questions so he could put everything on record.

We sent him five questions, but he answered only three.

The two questions he refused to answer were:

• Did you start the Temasek Review?
  • Did you start and close down Wayang Party?

He said he did not want to answer questions that were not pertinent to the "Jamban MP" affair.

Asked why he carried out the poster campaign against Ms Lee, Dr Ong said: "I have nothing personal against Ms Lee Bee Wah."

"I just felt strongly she should resign as President of STTA after what had happened under her watch. That's all."

He denied having any political affiliations. He also said he's not politically motivated.

He added: "The STTA fiasco has nothing to do with politics. I am only asking her to step down as President of STTA, not as a MP."

In an earlier phone interview, when asked to to deny that he's the founder of Temasek Review and Wayang Party, Dr Ong refused to respond.

TRWatch

Alfrescian
Loyal
Different version of interview on website

Report: Melvin Singh

The New Paper's attempt to interview Dr Joseph Ong made it to the Temasek Review online site for about eight hours yesterday.

Details of the Thursday meeting with our reporter, Ms Ng Wan Ching, at his clinic were posted yesterday.

Ms Ng had identified herself to the clinic's receptionist and requested an interview with Dr Ong.

He agreed to the interview and shook Ms Ng's hand. But when asked about the police warning issued to him, he expressed surprise that she knew of the case.

He maintained that the information was confidential.

He rapidly became upset and said he did not want to be interviewed. He threatened to sue if his name appeared in The New Paper.

He also repeatedly threatened to call the police. Ms Ng left the clinic about 10 minutes.

But the posting on Temasek Review gave a different version of events.

It said that Ms Ng gave details of the warning, which only the police would know about.

The posting included a letter sent by Dr Ong to the Ministry of Home Affairs suggesting a police leak had led to his being exposed to this paper.

But around 7pm yesterday, the posts and related documents were removed from the site.

So how did TNP get the story?

A resident who has assisted at RC events first alerted us to the posters.

An internet search turned up a picture of the toilet bowl poster stuck on a pillar on a blog by someone named Edwin.

TNP spoke to residents in Khatib and learnt that Dr Ong had approached a cleaner to distribute the posters.

After interviewing the Bangladeshi worker, who is employed by the town council, TNP approached the police for confirmation.

As for Dr Ong's link to Temasek Review, TNP understands that after he was summoned by the police, he confided in at least one friend, a former schoolmate.

Dr Ong has since contacted TNP to say he has made complaints against one journalist and the leak of confidential information to the press.

TRWatch

Alfrescian
Loyal
Little known about people behind news site

Independent, balanced and unbiased.

That is how online news portal Temasek Review describes its coverage of social and political affairs in Singapore.

But fair-minded readers would disagree with this self-description.

The website's About Us page states its aim: "To provide space for columnists and reader comments from across the political spectrum to foster, facilitate and promote seriosu debate and sicourse which is sorely lacking in Singapore"

Its editorial position, it adds, "is consistently based on social justice, human rights, democracy, civil liberties, and governance centred around the principles of transparency, accountability and responsibility from which we will endeavor to foster an informed, educated, thinking and proactive citizenry."

It claims to have no links to any poltiical party or commercial entity.

But little is known about the people behind it.

Click on the Columnnists tab on the website and you get a drop-down list of writers.

On the Contact Us page you get a form that allows you to send a message to the relevant department.

A Molina Han, based in Panama, is named as the site's managing editor.

Apart from that, the identity and number of editorial team remain a mystery.

This anonymity has sparked much speculation. Netizens have pointed to the creators of the now-defunct socio-political blog Wayang Party as the founders of the Temasek Review.

An internet search showed the last publicly accessible postings on Wayang Party to be around the middle of last year. A Wayang Party blogs still exists, but it can be viewed only by invited users using a password.

The web server used by Temasek Review is based overseas.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Temasek Review finally got free publicity, I am sure their readership will up many notch and more readers can now consider reading news outside the msm. I view the incident as a positive move for new media.

metalslug

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey, why are you revealing Dr Ong's workplace and house numbers?

You like to bully people is it?

PAP scums like you are so shameless to the core!!:mad:

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[COLOR="_______"]Moderator please delete other people personal informations. Otherwise, PAP will continue to govern people using fear tactic and threat and nobody dares to stand up against them anymore. [/COLOR]

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are probably are not aware, this guy revealed a whole host of personal details and even provided photos of people's block, cars etc. This story is longer than war and peace. He even drove one forummer to start a new nic after his wife was identified and falsely accused of having an affair with an opposition figure.

Joe Ong damaged more lives than you can imagine. Only in the last 2 years he became anti-establishment. A complete switch. This guy is really a bizarre character.

This guy's bullying was intense.

Hey, why are you revealing Dr Ong's workplace and house numbers?

You like to bully people is it?

PAP scums like you are so shameless to the core!!:mad:

TRWatch

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are probably are not aware, this guy revealed a whole host of personal details and even provided photos of people's block, cars etc. This story is longer than war and peace. He even drove one forummer to start a new nic after his wife was identified and falsely accused of having an affair with an opposition figure.

There may be something worse. I like to know what kind of deal was struck between Joseph Ong and the police in order to be let off with just a warning. Was it done in exchange for TR's database? Their donors list may be in the hand of the police now.

TRWatch

Alfrescian
Loyal
Y
This guy's bullying was intense.

I wonder why there is not even whimper from these fuckers defending this bastard Joseph Ong when he was terrorizing Goh Meng Seng, Andrew Loh, Remy Choo, and even Locke ? :rolleyes: If these fuckers want to talk about PAP, they should go ask Joseph Ong whats the hamper to Seng Hang Thong for?

cleareyes

Alfrescian
Loyal
I wonder why there is not even whimper from these fuckers defending this bastard Joseph Ong when he was terrorizing Goh Meng Seng, Andrew Loh, Remy Choo, and even Locke ? :rolleyes: If these fuckers want to talk about PAP, they should go ask Joseph Ong whats the hamper to Seng Hang Thong for?

I wonder too.

Actually, I do notice that TR had attack almost every opposition party but SDP. Does that smell something?

havent anyone notioce that thinknothing/wayangparty/TR had also attacked many individuals, post their names and pics and details out, but none of them are SDP members or supporters?

I question and wonder who is behind/backing TR in all their activities?

FUCK SDP

Alfrescian
Loyal
I wonder too.

Actually, I do notice that TR had attack almost every opposition party but SDP. Does that smell something?

havent anyone notioce that thinknothing/wayangparty/TR had also attacked many individuals, post their names and pics and details out, but none of them are SDP members or supporters?

scroll up and read metalslug's post:wink::wink::biggrin:

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
I wonder too.

Your news is backdated. His trend is now RP. He courts anything that is either the newest party, the lowest vote party or the party with the lousiest leader. Previously it was SDP. Now it's RP because it is the most overhyped. Anyone with inside news would know RP is unlikely to sustain any successes obtained because of KJ's unparalleled arrogance or rudeness. Imagine talking like he does on FB during MPS when he gets elected.

Scroobal is right. This TR and this chap is a favour to the establishment. If WP is at 40% and SDP is 25%, it does a favour to the establishment if WP is at 35% and SDP at 30%. The gap is closed and/but none wins. Now SDP is growing, he shifts to RP. The police should have left them alone. Because of rectifying one attack on LBW, the PAP now lost the only tool on the opposition's side that is attacking the opposition at the same time, particularly WP.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
At that time, he was actually pro-establishment where he even distanced himself from SBF over the arson attack on the MP and agreed with the minister. And I don't think TR was up. It was just Wayangparty. Its TNP that linked the 2.
There may be something worse. I like to know what kind of deal was struck between Joseph Ong and the police in order to be let off with just a warning. Was it done in exchange for TR's database? Their donors list may be in the hand of the police now.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are not the only one. Some of those aligned to WP think the same. I however think that he conveniently used them as they were fighting WP "arrogance" as Ptader put it. That's how he linked up with ejay. But he was also doing them in. It was him under the "Lim" nic that revealed the extra-marital affair and blew it up.

This guy was after WP and maybe he liked SDP brand of politics but he seldom spoke SDP. He just joined in the attacks.
I wonder too.

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
TRWatch could U pls provide some links to those articles? Or were they from TR and they decided to take it down again?

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
>>The New Paper understands that he also identified himself to the police as being the founder of Wayang Party and later, Temasek Review.<<

I don't understand why he need to confess to poodles that he is the mastermind behind TR. The posters incident seem unrelated.

Unless the poodles kept track of his Internet surfing habits?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
My understanding is that he told them that he was behind Wayangparty to give an indication that he was not anti-establishment and was only seeking to get Lee Bee Wah of table tennis and not from her MP posts.

It was TNP that linked the 2. Bear in mind that TNP was threatened with a law suit for carrying false allegations from Wayangparty site some years back. So naturally they have been on this case.

>>The New Paper understands that he also identified himself to the police as being the founder of Wayang Party and later, Temasek Review.<<

I don't understand why he need to confess to poodles that he is the mastermind behind TR. The posters incident seem unrelated.

Unless the poodles kept track of his Internet surfing habits?