• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singaporeans in Aus?

senatorabudelai

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hello are there any Singaporeans in Aus?

I myself am hoping to apply for visa etc. If anyone is nice enough to share his experience with me..

senatorabudelai

Alfrescian
Loyal
visa?? try mastercard......juz kidding

what visa u applying??

Thinking of working for 1-2 years there and see how. Maybe will move to HK after that, have been thinking experiencing working in HK.

Provisional Regional Sponsored (offshore). Can't remember the subclass have to check

chewed

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thinking of working for 1-2 years there and see how. Maybe will move to HK after that, have been thinking experiencing working in HK.

Provisional Regional Sponsored (offshore). Can't remember the subclass have to check

er... you're better off trying HK directly, definitely much easier to get visa for HK than OZ.

senatorabudelai

Alfrescian
Loyal
er... you're better off trying HK directly, definitely much easier to get visa for HK than OZ.

Yes I have checked, I qualify for Hong Kong. But when I think of HK, I think of Cantonese all day long, all Chinese words, few people speaking English, expensive property prices and coffin like rooms. :rolleyes:

I don't think the HK culture fits me at all.

what is your profession?

My occupation used to be on the SA state sponsored list 3 years back, then this year they started tightening up the requirements again, it is now gone.

Looks like I have missed the boat. I will need to change job or reskill myself. The Aus immi system gives more points to a hairdresser than a Harvard PHD :rolleyes:

Where else is nice? Maybe a short stint in South America would be nice? hablas espanol?

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes I have checked, I qualify for Hong Kong. But when I think of HK, I think of Cantonese all day long, all Chinese words, few people speaking English, expensive property prices and coffin like rooms. :rolleyes:

I don't think the HK culture fits me at all.
These days, you gain more respect speaking Putonghua.
If you want nice big apartments, go to NT.

My occupation used to be on the SA state sponsored list 3 years back, then this year they started tightening up the requirements again, it is now gone.

Looks like I have missed the boat. I will need to change job or reskill myself. The Aus immi system gives more points to a hairdresser than a Harvard PHD :rolleyes:
A hairdresser cut my hair.

A Harvard Phd messed up my life. Just look at the Harvard-trained high flyer working in a Singapore telco. She cannot manage, lack EQ and have no idea how to delegate.

I think I will still stick to the hairdresser.
Where else is nice? Maybe a short stint in South America would be nice? hablas espanol?

If you cannot decide....
Singapore is nice. Nice place to work, shop and find mei mei.

senatorabudelai

Alfrescian
Loyal
These days, you gain more respect speaking Putonghua.

Maybe. But I am not into Chinese culture and literature much, so HK is probably not for me.

If you cannot decide....
Singapore is nice. Nice place to work, shop and find mei mei.

It is not that I cannot decide. Just a combination of visa requirements, which I don't meet, and personal preferences.

I am not as well placed as people like fishbuff with Masters in IT. Even though I have university education, my job is a general occupation.

fishbuff

Alfrescian
Loyal

when there is a will, there is a way.

i have seen indians, chinese, brazilians and people from all sort of nationalities ran, swam, jumped, flew by hook or by crook into australia.

you haven't tried hard enough..

senatorabudelai

Alfrescian
Loyal
when there is a will, there is a way.

i have seen indians, chinese, brazilians and people from all sort of nationalities ran, swam, jumped, flew by hook or by crook into australia.

you haven't tried hard enough..

Ha ha, I am not as desperate as them.:biggrin:

For me, it is mostly about working and living in another country for a few years to learn more. It is not about migrating permanently.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Maybe. But I am not into Chinese culture and literature much, so HK is probably not for me.

It is not that I cannot decide. Just a combination of visa requirements, which I don't meet, and personal preferences.

I am not as well placed as people like fishbuff with Masters in IT. Even though I have university education, my job is a general occupation.

You do not need IT. An MBBS or Nursing will open visa doors. Lots of doctors and nurses are working overseas, from Santiago to UK to Dubai to Australia.

Too bad Singaporeans do not enjoy working holidays visa. Young Aussies are teaching English in Korea/Japan and having local girlfriends.

I think we worry too much about this or that.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
You do not need IT. An MBBS or Nursing will open visa doors. Lots of doctors and nurses are working overseas, from Santiago to UK to Dubai to Australia.

Too bad Singaporeans do not enjoy working holidays visa. Young Aussies are teaching English in Korea/Japan and having local girlfriends.

I think we worry too much about this or that.

If Singaporean get working holiday visa more FThrash will become citizen and come over here! you want that? For that matter, America don't have a work holiday visa with Australia as well for similar reason that we have a minimum wage here and the Yanks will start invading us for that.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bloody hell, ya earlier than my wifey.. Bloody Melbourne immigration idle f88k !!

I dress up in a grey vest and cufflinks to the interview, and wear a fedora. Top it up with a pink tie, maybe that is what helped. :biggrin:

wrcboi

Alfrescian
Loyal
I dress up in a grey vest and cufflinks to the interview, and wear a fedora. Top it up with a pink tie, maybe that is what helped. :biggrin:

gosh got to do an interview for citizenship??? tot only apply, take test and sing song only