• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RafflesTiger

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi brothers, is it ok to use the laundry service in the clubhouse? They charge Rm2.50 per kg. Ironing is 1rm per piece..They wash everything right, including socks and underwear? They will wash and dry for me right? Sorry to ask this qn because I have never used a laundry service before.

Everything comes back in a clean bag and everything is folded right? Thanks a lot..

house

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks Lemans2011, its actually ok to have an old car, provided you go to a mechanic and get it checked out first.

The JBJ "lulus" status will be given after inspection to just about any car so if you are tied for budget, then a 2nd hand car may be the best option. If you have more than one car, then having the 2nd car as an old car may be ok. Tow truck service is about 100RM. My relative just went to fix up his car today, with autogear box and engine oil change plus new radiator, recon gear box(3 months warranty), centre cones for his rims to stabilize things, balancing, etc for a total of 3k RM.

You can also get a Proton Saga 1.3 L for about 40k RM.

I never put any hope about the inspection by the JPJ or any other authorized party by Malay government on the inspection.
its the Best option - get someone / mechanic which are reliable to check it for you.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I had just deposited More then RM$100K via cash deposits machines on Feb. Very tedious, machines took 99 pieces of note at a go. All RM$50 notes. We manage to deposit all on the same trip.

VERY SERIOUS! Please read!

I'm saying this for the benefit of all foreigners especially us Singaporean bros/sis who are reading this so that you won't get yourself into trouble with Malaysia's law in the future and lose everything you have. The RM10k deposit limit per day into an account in Malaysia under a foreigner's name is an "Anti Money Laundering" law in Malaysia. No limit on deposit into an account under a Malaysian's name. Even if the bank's ATM is the loop-hole whereby you can deposit more than RM10k per day, you are still committing a very serious offence of money laundering. If the Malaysian Government takes action against you in future, they can get all the records(proof of crime) of your pass deposits into the bank. When this happens, you will be charged as a criminal. They can confiscate all your money in your bank since you are charged for money laundering and your money is therefore considered as 'underground' money, jail you, fine you heavily(up to RM1 million fine for money laundering), confiscate your properties in Malaysia etc. Your deposit transactions are recorded in the bank's system and can always be used as proof in the future.

1) The safest way to pay your 10% downpayment is TT via Sg Bank to your Malaysia developer's bank account(no limit for deposit into a Malaysian's account). It's the safest but you get the lousiest exchange rate.

2) Do the TT via a reputable money changer to developer's account(again, no limit for deposit into a Malaysian's account). You get better exchange rate but risk losing all your money if the money changer closed down overnight.

3) Bring your Ringgit to developer's office yourself. Very risky of course and you have to declare your money to both Singapore and Malaysia customs. Why must you declare? Answer is again the "Anti Money Laundering Act". Bringing any amount more than USD10,000 in or out of Malaysia = Must Declare. For Singapore, I think the amount is anything above SGD30,000 if I remember correctly.

4) If your spouse is Malaysian, you can deposit any amount into his/her account, no limit.

Last edited:

lancevp

Alfrescian
Loyal
I used a cheque to cover my 10% downpayment in EL. It took a while to clear but the developer did not alert me on any problem with the anti-money laundering law. Did any else here do the same?

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I used a cheque to cover my 10% downpayment in EL. It took a while to clear but the developer did not alert me on any problem with the anti-money laundering law. Did any else here do the same?

You can pay the developer any amount, no limit, because it will be deposited into the developer's account, not a foreigner's bank account in Malaysia(eg. a Singaporean's bank account in a bank in Malaysia). The RM10k deposit limit per day only applies to an account in Malaysia under a foreigner's name.

Last edited:

lancevp

Alfrescian
Loyal
You can pay the developer any amount you want because it will be deposited into their account(Malaysia developer's account) and not a foreigner's bank account in Malaysia(eg. a Singaporean's bank account in a bank in Malaysia). The RM10k deposit limit per day only applies to an account in Malaysia under a foreigner's name.

Thanks, Investor. Didn't get that the first time. Maybe I need new glasses :-)

gforker

Hi guys...

Been planning to purchase a unit at either East Ledang or HH. Was thinking of doing a little reconnaisance next weekend and take a look at the houses. The problem is we don't have a car. Is it better to rent a car in Singapore and cross the strait or is the alternative of renting a car in JB better? Thanks.

lancevp

Alfrescian
Loyal
You can pay the developer any amount you want because it will be deposited into their account(Malaysia developer's account) and not a foreigner's bank account in Malaysia(eg. a Singaporean's bank account in a bank in Malaysia). The RM10k deposit limit per day only applies to an account in Malaysia under a foreigner's name.

Thanks, Investor. Didn't catch that the first time. Maybe I need new glasses :-)

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
What a hot day! We started off with brunch at Bukit Indah at the Station Cafe.

After that proceeded for Foot Reflex at Eminent.

My wife did her hair treatment (Took an hour)

Then it was time for my wife to do her Mani and Pedi. so i decided to do my pedi as well.

Phew how long the womens mani and pedi takes. I fell asleep while waiting for my wife to get her mani & pedi done.

After that it was time for some claypot chicken rice and shopping.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
I bought a couple of bottles of Bromhexine used to expel phlegm and relieve cough. Very cheap ah Only Rm 3.8 at Guardian Bukit INdah

By the way the Colgate Pro Sensitive the latest one costs about $ 8 + in Spore. At jusco it was just Rm 12.9

Hope i remember the nos correctly.

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal

Then it was time for my wife to do her Mani and Pedi. so i decided to do my pedi as well.

Phew how long the womens mani and pedi takes. I fell asleep while waiting for my wife to get her mani & pedi done.

Wow! Good life hor? I bet you have a nice day.

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal

Wow! Had a nice break huh? Cool!

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sorry just a question. how is the wild boar cooked? am i asking the right question? OR should it be what sort or recipe?

Hi Wuqi
Thank you for your kind comments on my site: www.puterim.com
Glad to assist visitors to Living in Johor with questions about this part of Johor - East Ledang & Ledang Heights, since I am living here.
I am in the midst of compiling a segment on our all-important interest, which is food. Right now I have a place for wild boar bak kut teh, the three best Indian restaurants in Johor, a few good seafood
restaurants, a very good Italian restaurant and - if people don't know it yet - George and Dragon which is reminiscent of the old style Hainanese cooks in Troika.
Glad of all personally recommended places to eat.
D x

Polymin

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Wuqi
Thank you for your kind comments on my site: www.puterim.com
Glad to assist visitors to Living in Johor with questions about this part of Johor - East Ledang & Ledang Heights, since I am living here.
I am in the midst of compiling a segment on our all-important interest, which is food. Right now I have a place for wild boar bak kut teh, the three best Indian restaurants in Johor, a few good seafood
restaurants, a very good Italian restaurant and - if people don't know it yet - George and Dragon which is reminiscent of the old style Hainanese cooks in Troika.
Glad of all personally recommended places to eat.
D x

Hello there D!
We met at the Ledang Club House yesterday during dinner time and had a little chat about moving and staying here in Nusajaya. Great to know more people in the vicinity.

My new blog : http://housenumber33.blogspot.com/
is pale in comparision to your website ... so hope to be able to contribute more in the future and look forward to learn your your gardening experience.

My regards to S !

Polymin

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear all,

Yet another home fair coming this weekend

Home Fair 2011
08 April 2011 - 10 April 2011

http://www.x2.com.my/

Event : HOMEFAiR '11
Properties and Home Furnishing Exhibitions
Date : 8 Apr~10 Apr 2011 (11am - 9pm daily)
Free Admission
Venue : Level 3 Convention Hall (Exhibition Entrance)
Level 1 Exhibition Hall (Furniture & Mattress)
Persada Johor International Convention Centre
Johor Bahru, Malaysia

Hope this information is useful for those who are moving and looking for local items.

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi there,
If those items are used, you might need to pay tax for it, it depends on the movers too. I remembered I shipped in a new tv over. The mover took out the packaging and rewrap them and told me to drive in with the remote and manual.

Hi... seems to be a few contradicting facts on this. Anyway, no worries, it's still another 6-8 months before I move to Nusajaya. I guess we'll handle it when it comes. Thanks for your comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.