• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Facebook and Bicycles - PAP's flawed approach to win over Singaporeans

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Reputed to be the safest city in the world, given accolodaes on how one can jog at 2am thru the streets of Singapore, taxi drivers that can be entrusted to pick up a billionaire and deliver him to his destination, a massive big question looms.

Why can't the first family be seen in the streets of Singapore on their own. I do not expect their bodyguards to taken away but their inability to mix with the general population is striking. Sure we see them in grassroots events, official events but cycling or walking thru the streets.

In 5 decades of PAP power only one cabinet minister had the balls to walk around, go to bookshop and do his own thing without fear or favour. Everyone else will only venture around his GCB neighbourhood.

I have met PM and leaders in shopping malls, busy streets and even in Cafe's on Saturdays.

I have seen the PM of UK and Mayor of London cycling thru the streets of London. i have seen a PM of Australia jogging in public parks. i have seen Scandinavian leaders window shopping.

Facebook is not going to help. Pointless hiding behind a wall and a captive bunch of grassroot leaders. Time to step up and get real.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
In 5 decades of PAP power only one cabinet minister had the balls to walk around, go to bookshop and do his own thing without fear or favour. Everyone else will only venture around his GCB neighbourhood.
I used to see Tony Tan at centerpoint on a regular basis.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
If my family had the controlling stake in Centrepoint, I too would be there everyday.Not many people are aware how dear that place is the family. It a short walk from the back to Tan Chin Tuan's house. The security are well aware of the family. The resturants were handpicked by the family.

When the Lippo group stepped, the fight was immense. It led to the split between OCBC and the Tan's. Never was fixed.

You also probably not aware that is a pernakan stronghold there are strong passion associated with the area. In case you are not aware, they a full blooded pernakans. (fulled blooded pernakans must be an oxymoron)

You sure picked the most secure place of all places.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
You sure picked the most secure place of all places.

He walked right past me on numerous occasions. I could have kicked his ass... thrown acid in his face.... smashed his groin. Nobody ever screened me when I walked in. If security there had done their job and investigated my profile, they wouldn't have allowed me to come within 50 metres of TT.

exobay

Alfrescian
Loyal
E. W. Barker himself walk around freely. His daughter was my cousin's classmate and she goes to her house with no bodyguards.

jw5

Loyal
Reputed to be the safest city in the world, given accolodaes on how one can jog at 2am thru the streets of Singapore, taxi drivers that can be entrusted to pick up a billionaire and deliver him to his destination, a massive big question looms.

Why can't the first family be seen in the streets of Singapore on their own.

It could be because they are afraid of "insane" people.
"Insane" being anyone who disagrees with them and might harm them.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

How many years ago was that? testing 1, 2, 3...

(1) On Which level was The Times ?
(2) On which level was the shop that sells Nikon's?
(3) On which level was The Attic

:biggrin:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sorry, you are right. Barker and Raja were the 2 who had confidence in their own people. Used to to head to SRCC to TCSS most evenings.

E. W. Barker himself walk around freely. His daughter was my cousin's classmate and she goes to her house with no bodyguards.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

At Queen's Astrid Park? so your cousin would have met her brother "B"?

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
More like they are scared of Singapoans in general. I also cannot rule out the probability that porlumpars might swarm all over them.

It could be because they are afraid of "insane" people.
"Insane" being anyone who disagrees with them and might harm them.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
More like they are scared of Singapoans in general. I also cannot rule out the probability that porlumpars might swarm all over them.

I still have a scene I saw on TV years ago etched in my brain, some election back, when Goh CT was arriving at a voting station, there were some activist who dressed up as 'pom pom' girls ( old ladies), shouting "GCT, GCT"....these porlumpars will swam them.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am not surprised. I have seen amazing scenes. I have seen porlumpars heap praises that make your stomach turn. Like one clown that compared old man to Mandela.

I still have a scene I saw on TV years ago etched in my brain, some election back, when Goh CT was arriving at a voting station, there were some activist who dressed up as 'pom pom' girls ( old ladies), shouting "GCT, GCT"....these porlumpars will swam them.

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I am not surprised. I have seen amazing scenes. I have seen porlumpars heap praises that make your stomach turn. Like one clown that compared old man to Mandela.

He created and fell in love with his own legend. How delusional can one get?

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahaha....again typical frog in the well view......
i have seen numerous ministars in restaurants with their families many times....
looks like the cockeral crows again......lol.

exobay

Alfrescian
Loyal
At Queen's Astrid Park? so your cousin would have met her brother "B"?

My Grandpa was living along At Westlake Gardens and both girls studied at Marymount Convent. My recollection a bit hazy but I was there one day and saw her visiting my cousin who stayed with my Grandpa. I was told she was Barker's daughter and at that time they were just giggling schoolgirls much older than me. As to where she stayed and who her brother is I don't know much.

Hakka Tiow

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bullshit from your stinking mouth again. Must be from the licking of alamaking's cheebye! Oh! Teo Chee Hean jogging alone along Holland Road and Sixth Avenue must have had Apache helicopters above with their weapons off safe! Niah meh keh chibek!

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
On the petty side leading to lethal outcome is the case of porlumpars fighting over who would handle the catering for the PAP MP. It led to poisoning case, when one person died and one went to prison. When i heard the case details, i was surprised over how access to and recognition from PAP MPs can lead to murder.

He created and fell in love with his own legend. How delusional can one get?

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
On the petty side leading to lethal outcome is the case of porlumpars fighting over who would handle the catering for the PAP MP. It led to poisoning case, when one person died and one went to prison. When i heard the case details, i was surprised over how access to and recognition from PAP MPs can lead to murder.

men fight, women bite. No limits to how low or how high one can go to when trying to get favours

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal

Or Kuan Yew - "the founder of Singapore". Sir Stamford who?