• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mingchye

Alfrescian
Loyal
I believed it is legally OK to buy condo (Malaysian can them service apartment). Most of these developments are sitting on commercial land and can be classified as commercial property right? Can bypass the lampa HDB MOP rule that clamp the sinkies!

If they use the standard S&P mandated by Housing Ministry, then it is residential because that S&P is only for residential properties even if they are on commercial titled land. Otherwise cannot live in there.

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Only residential units (which includes serviced apartments classified as residential on commercial titled land) are required by Housing Ministry to use the standardised S&P per the Housing Act. If its a commercial or industrial unit, they are not required to use the Housing Ministry's standardised SnP.

http://www.hba.org.my/laws/housing_reg/2007/2007-12-01-hdr.htm

A standard S&P regulated by Housing Ministry looks like this:
Schedule G for Sell-then-build landed - http://www.hba.org.my/laws/housing_reg/2007/schG/schG-2007.htm
Schedule H for sell-then-build high-rise - http://www.hba.org.my/laws/housing_reg/2007/schH/schH-2007.htm
Schedule I for Build-then-sell landed - http://www.hba.org.my/laws/housing_reg/2007/schI/schI-2007.htm
Schedule J for Build-then-sell high rise - http://www.hba.org.my/laws/housing_reg/2007/schJ/schJ-2007.htm

Thanks for the info. Now we know that those under MOP can have another option to invest. Good for those stuck under the scheme here currently. :wink:

Last edited:

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thank you wuqi.

I would still recommend that you structure your purchase such that you can still buy a BTO flat, as that can be financed mainly through CPF. After MOP, you can then monetize your asset through sale or rent, as taught by our visionary leaders.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
I would still recommend that you structure your purchase such that you can still buy a BTO flat, as that can be financed mainly through CPF. After MOP, you can then monetize your asset through sale or rent, as taught by our visionary leaders.

Yeah must use up the CPF, no chance to take it out.

abugumgum

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks RedsYNWA.
Agree, it is the best route to buy a bto flat.
That's why we rent here while waiting, but decided to forego the bto flat after some changes. :(

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks RedsYNWA.
Agree, it is the best route to buy a bto flat.
That's why we rent here while waiting, but decided to forego the bto flat after some changes. :(

What difficulties are you facing to buy a BTO first , like to share ? It is National Conversation Time .

kopikong99

Alfrescian
Loyal

This is a Sg citizen entitlement. In the past, Sg citizens have 2 bites of the cherries. Now left with 1 cherry so don't kek kee. Go for BTO or new from HDB then do rental and consider stay in Iskandar. New or BTO flat can always compete with those from resale and so rental returns is better as cost is lower. Don't do NS and reservist up to 45 yo for nothing man!

Miw boh kek kee, take million$ salary, 23 months bonus, pensions upon reaching 55 yo + salary + bonus +++++

rogersk8ter

Alfrescian
Loyal

looking at the numbers BTO is launching, i wont be supprise property in Iskandar may hv more potential than HDB by 5-10 years time.

Stevewish

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sorry, any information for MACS renewal? I did it at BI Jusco last year and want to renew. The application procedure in the website seem complicated.

Batok Seri

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sorry, any information for MACS renewal? I did it at BI Jusco last year and want to renew. The application procedure in the website seem complicated.
At Causeway
Leftmost lane Malaysian customs park just before inspection lanes, small room on the left side. Take off footwear before going in. Just bring rm30.

At Second Link.
Second from leftmost lane. At the moment last custom booth with Macs drive thru sign. If it is manned you can get it done there without getting out of car.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
At Causeway
Leftmost lane Malaysian customs park just before inspection lanes, small room on the left side. Take off footwear before going in. Just bring rm30.

At Second Link.
Second from leftmost lane. At the moment last custom booth with Macs drive thru sign. If it is manned you can get it done there without getting out of car.

Hi Bro Batok Seri,

For the causeway MACS, can I clarify that you are referring to driving lane instead of via bus? So i can park by the side, and bring RM 30 for renewal? If so, it sounds easy. Thanks....

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
looking at the numbers BTO is launching, i wont be supprise property in Iskandar may hv more potential than HDB by 5-10 years time.

BTO can use CPF to pay......and 1.2m highly qualified 'foreign talents' are coming in to boost our population no. up to 6.5m. Buying a BTO is definately a wise decision, if you are eligible. If you cant beat the system, better play by it. Too bad I misssed the boat.... Sighs.

rogersk8ter

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi, my MACS just expired 2 weeks ago. The last i went in JB, i didnt even realised its expired. so not diff for me and not going to renew.

Batok Seri

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi, my MACS just expired 2 weeks ago. The last i went in JB, i didnt even realised its expired. so not diff for me and not going to renew.
if Macs lapsed.They just chop yr passport.
No big deal because nowsadays no need to find and fill up white card.

But if commute daily, you risk running out of passport pages.

Sanur

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey all,

Wants to remind all that Legoland is closed every Wednesday for the month of oct n just the first Wednesday of November, if you intend to bring your Myanmar maid, she requires a visa to enter Malaysia, we were stucked at the hv custom for more than an hour for the exit letter to leave Jb.

cheerguan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thxs very much for the info, Sanur. Was actually planning to bring my kids there this wed but will change to thurs instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.