• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Nusa Duta Page

Daydreamer

Alfrescian
Loyal

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Was told by a neigbour that IJM is handing over the estate maintenance & management to the resident committee soon. Can we do a better job than IJM and at a lower cost ?

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Er , no lah I very low profile . Maybe should get big brother Wuqi to represent the Singaporean residents in Duta , otherwise we got no one to voice out for us leh .

But I think there are quite a significant number of Singaporeans in Nusa Duta. I am sure there are many enterprising Singaporeans in JB already. :smile:

Princ3ss

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is this a legal requirement ? At least in Singapore there is nothing preventing a foreign condo owner to be elected to the MC.

Yes, it's a LEGAL & official requirement.. erm.. Bolehland do things differently, u noe.. the resident committee will be officially registered thus will be an official registered society with annual AGM required, with the proper accounting required. thus the committee can only consist of Msian only. sporean can only be sub-committee or AKA "active member".

Princ3ss

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am quite sure Singaporean can contribute some good idea too . Just like this forum.

feel free to PM me or leave ur feedbacks / recommendations / ideas here as i have contacts to the active residents currently, most likely they will be the 1st generation of the committee.

will keep u bros updated here once i have any confirmed info. =)

alnine

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, it's a LEGAL & official requirement.. erm.. Bolehland do things differently, u noe.. the resident committee will be officially registered thus will be an official registered society with annual AGM required, with the proper accounting required. thus the committee can only consist of Msian only. sporean can only be sub-committee or AKA "active member".

Thank you for the clarification. The Malaysians should appreciate how the gov protact the citizens rights first.
The MC ( RC ) is similar in Sgp, it is a legal entity that needs to keep proper accounting records too. The difference you do not have to be a sgp citizen just a lawfull owner of a unit.

In many areas the Malaysian gov have their people first policy. Most Singaporeans will admire that

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thank you for the clarification. The Malaysians should appreciate how the gov protact the citizens rights first.

In many areas the Malaysian gov have their people first policy. Most Singaporeans will admire that

Hi alnine, you might wanna speak to some Msians to develop a better picture of how it is in a life of a normal Msian. The BN Gov protects only the rights of 1 race of citizens, but make it so that all citizens' rights are seemed to be protected from outsiders.

Also, the BN gov claims to have a people first policy; but we Msians know better.

I don't blame your ignorance, but may I invite you for a cup of coffee to share with you about Msia?

alnine

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi alnine, you might wanna speak to some Msians to develop a better picture of how it is in a life of a normal Msian. The BN Gov protects only the rights of 1 race of citizens, but make it so that all citizens' rights are seemed to be protected from outsiders.

Also, the BN gov claims to have a people first policy; but we Msians know better.

I don't blame your ignorance, but may I invite you for a cup of coffee to share with you about Msia?

Dear Vincentck

I have many malaysian relatives and spr colleaques. I listen to their unhappiness. I am sure you also aware of a lot of Singaporean unhappiness as well. There is a sam's forum on singapore politics.

We view the situation from different angle. I am sure you have a list of items which you view as unfair.
My SPR colleaques feel they are 2nd class citizen, I have a 40 yr single Singaporean who feel he is a 5th class citizen.

However since this is the Nusa Duta thread, if I look at the laws for RC/MC, it shows a difference between the 2 countries.
In Malaysia you need to be a citizen to be a RC member. In Singapore you need to be a owner to be a MC member.

Imagine if 60% of the condo unit is own by foreigners, then logicall speaking, the MC can all be non-Singaporeans if the 60% vote them in and you may be living in Singapore but in a foreign enclave.

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Vincentck

I have many malaysian relatives and spr colleaques. I listen to their unhappiness. I am sure you also aware of a lot of Singaporean unhappiness as well. There is a sam's forum on singapore politics.

We view the situation from different angle. I am sure you have a list of items which you view as unfair.
My SPR colleaques feel they are 2nd class citizen, I have a 40 yr single Singaporean who feel he is a 5th class citizen.

However since this is the Nusa Duta thread, if I look at the laws for RC/MC, it shows a difference between the 2 countries.
In Malaysia you need to be a citizen to be a RC member. In Singapore you need to be a owner to be a MC member.

Imagine if 60% of the condo unit is own by foreigners, then logicall speaking, the MC can all be non-Singaporeans if the 60% vote them in and you may be living in Singapore but in a foreign enclave.

I know a certain condominium in Meyer Road who is in this situation. Totally dominated by a certain nationality. :smile:

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal

The problems that Singaporeans and Malaysians face are quite distinctly unique to each other in my humble opinion.

Singapore is like a child who has achieved much and looking beyond the basic needs and hygiene factors. On the other hand, Malaysia has a corruption issue which can never be comprehended by the islanders who grew up without financial mismanagement but more of punishing taxes. As a Chinese and the dominant ethnic group, understanding racial discrimination will be a stretch even for one with good imagination. Likewise, the Singapore's growing tensions with PAP's policy of increased focus on foreign labour and expensive levies and taxes, will be new to Malaysians who are blessed with bountiful resources. Low cost of gas, water and foodstuff.

That said, the envy for each other's state creates a conundrum for social discussion.

Very often the Singaporean looks at the Malaysian and asks why can they be unhappy with certain policies that favour the locals. And the Malaysian is just as curious about the Republic's constant frustration with a government that brings world class infrastructure and administration to their door steps.

Last edited:

alnine

Alfrescian
Loyal
The problems that Singaporeans and Malaysians face are quite distinctly unique to each other in my humble opinion.

Singapore is like a child who has achieved much and looking beyond the basic needs and hygiene factors. On the other hand, Malaysia has a corruption issue which can never be comprehended by the islanders who grew up without financial mismanagement but more of punishing taxes. As a Chinese and the dominant ethnic group, understanding racial discrimination will be a stretch even for one with good imagination. Likewise, the Singapore's growing tensions with PAP's policy of increased focus on foreign labour and expensive levies and taxes,

That said, the envy for each other's state creates a conundrum for social discussion.

Very often the Singaporean looks at the Malaysian and asks why can they be unhappy with certain policies that favour the locals. And the Malaysian is just as curious about the Republic's constant frustration with a government that brings world class infrastructure and administration to their door steps.

Well said. And putting the right angle of each side views.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

Really got such legal requirement? Last time I ever casually asked a Msian lawyer whether Singaporeans can join resident committee and she said no problem leh.