• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[News] Kong Hee 'surprised' at COC bid to remove him

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
City Harvest Church founder Kong Hee said last night he was surprised at the Commissioner of Charities' (COC) decision to try to remove him and his colleagues from office.

The COC had originally suspended him and eight other church leaders last year after an inquiry showed that funds had been mismanaged. At the same time, six of them, including Kong, were charged with embezzling more than $50 million from their parish.

kopikia

Alfrescian
Loyal
chc release statement, pointing middle finger at coc

A MESSAGE TO OUR MEMBERS ON COC'S PROPOSAL TO REMOVE 8 MEMBERS

Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ,

We are sad to inform you that the Commissioner of Charities (COC) has notified the Management Board of his intention to remove eight City Harvest Church leaders and members from their office(s) or employment as governing board member, officer, agent or employee of, or trustee for, the Church.

They are Senior Pastor Kong Hee, Pastor Tan Ye Peng, Serina Wee, Sharon Tan, John Lam, Chew Eng Han, Teo Meng How and Jacqueline Tan.

At this point, they have not been removed yet.

What happened

On 31 May 2010 the COC instituted an inquiry under section 8 of the Charities Act (Cap 37) ("the Act") into our Church. Following the inquiry, nine City Harvest Church leaders and members, including the eight individuals mentioned above and the wife of Pastor Kong, Sun Ho, were suspended from their office(s) or employment as governing board member, officer, agent or employee of, or trustee for, the Church in June and August 2012.

In December 2012, the COC had requested for these suspended individuals, to voluntarily extend their suspension until six months after the conclusion of the criminal proceedings involving six of the eight affected individuals.

The COC informed the suspended individuals that should they not give their consent for the extension, the COC may proceed to consider removal under section 25A of the Act.

But despite the fact that a majority of the nine suspended individuals had voluntarily consented to the extension of their suspension, the COC has notified all of the individuals, with the exception of Sun, of his intention to remove them from their office(s) or employment of the Church, following a 10-month suspension.

What happens now

Pastor Kong and Pastor Tan will continue to perform their pastoral duties.

Under section 29 of the Act, before the COC makes an order to remove without his consent a governing board member of a charity or trustee for a charity, or an officer, agent or employee of a charity, the COC shall give him not less than one month’s notice of the COC proposal, inviting representations to be made to the COC within a time specified in the notice.

The eight have until 13 May 2013 to make their representations to COC on why they should not be removed.

This is a very challenging time for our eight Church leaders and members, their families, and our Church. Please continue to pray ceaselessly for them and for the Church. Let us remember what our Advisory Chairman Dr AR Bernard has exhorted us to do:

Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer. (Rom. 12:12 ESV)

Yours in Christ,

Rev. Aries Zulkarnain
Executive Pastor
Chairman, Management Board
City Harvest Church

http://www.chc.org.sg/_eng/church/A-Message-To-Our-Members_9-Apr-2013.php

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
City Harvest Church founder Kong Hee said last night he was surprised at the Commissioner of Charities' (COC) decision to try to remove him and his colleagues from office.

The COC had originally suspended him and eight other church leaders last year after an inquiry showed that funds had been mismanaged. At the same time, six of them, including Kong, were charged with embezzling more than $50 million from their parish.

How come I am not surprised he is surprise!!

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
hi there

1. walau:biggrin:
2. this must be one of those leh.
3. simi, executive pastor, senior pastor, chairman:rolleyes:
4. servants of the LORD mah:p
5. machiam some listed company hoh.

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Why Kong Hee surprised? God didnt give him any signs before that? He always say God tell him this and show him that.

hi there

Extremist

Alfrescian
Loyal
APRIL 9, 2013
A Statement from Kong Hee

The Commissioner of Charities has just announced that it intends to remove 8 individuals, including myself, from the exercise of their respective offices in CHC. It has also given a press release on this earlier today.

Here are my thoughts on this matter.

First, I have only just received a 227-page report by the COC containing allegations against all 8 individuals. This is currently under review by our lawyers. However, I am confident that there is no basis for the COC’s actions and I will in due course make the appropriate representations to the COC.

Second, I am happy that the COC has decided not to take any action against Sun and has now vindicated her. Sun and I were always confident that there would have been no basis to take any action against her even though the COC had suspended her earlier.

Third, as regards this present step, I am surprised why the COC has decided to embark on this course of action. The COC has never explained how CHC’s property is allegedly at risk, such that it was necessary to issue suspension orders in 2012 and removal orders in 2013. Notwithstanding my views above as to the lack of merits of the suspension and removal order, I had agreed with the COC that it would be expedient and practical for a voluntary suspension to be in place until 6 months after the conclusion of the criminal proceedings. The issues raised in both proceedings are related, and the AGC is involved in both sets of proceedings. I would add that, in fact, it was the COC who made the proposal to me to defer until the criminal proceedings are disposed of, on condition that all 9 affected individuals agree. The COC had also agreed that this would be entirely without admission to liability and without prejudice to my rights. In February 2013, both Sun and I accepted the COC’s offer.

Subsequently however, the COC informed me that the premise on which I had agreed to the voluntary suspension had changed. This was apparently because they were not able to get everyone to agree with them. This is however not something that is within my control. I also did not see how this would alter the fact that Sun and I had already agreed to the voluntary suspension on their terms, and I informed COC accordingly. It was after this that the COC has now decided to pursue this course of action.

Clearly, the COC was itself of the view that it would be more expedient for this matter to be dealt with only after the criminal trial was entirely disposed of. This was clear from their own offer to me, which also provided that the consent would be without admission of liability and also without prejudice to my rights. Yet, it now imposes a deadline on me to respond to the COC a mere 2 days before the commencement of the criminal trial. I will therefore seek clarification from the COC on this point.

In the meantime, I understand that the Commissioner of Charities has assured the CHC Board that I will not be prevented from preaching at CHC’s services. This is only fair as there is no basis for the COC to encroach on the services of the church. I look forward to being in church to worship God with my friends and family. I hope that you continue to keep me, my family and the church in your thoughts and prayers.

KONG

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi there

hi there

2. this is one of those snakes
3. masquerading as simi, executive pastor, senior pastor, chairman:rolleyes:
4. and become the LORD themselves mah:p
5. machiam some Google hoh.

dredd

Alfrescian
Loyal
In Sinkeepoo, God IS the ruling party. Don't ever cheat, lie and steal in Sinkeepoo... they hate competition.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
chc is fine example to showcase to all daft xtians what DUMMY FAITH is all about. kong hee fatt choy is the new jesus reincarnated. ok, u can puke now! :p

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No more sneaking fingers in the cookie jar. Why feign surprise, as others voluntarily agreed to extending suspension?:rolleyes:

Last edited:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why Kong Hee surprised? God didnt give him any signs before that? He always say God tell him this and show him that.

He offended the PxP gods, for there is no redemption or remission ( this is for the elite BG only)...he said " oh my gourd!"..:biggrin:

Last edited:

PUNISHER

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
APRIL 9, 2013
A Statement from Kong Hee

The Commissioner of Charities has just announced that it intends to remove 8 individuals, including myself, from the exercise of their respective offices in CHC. It has also given a press release on this earlier today.

Here are my thoughts on this matter.

First, I have only just received a 227-page report by the COC containing allegations against all 8 individuals. This is currently under review by our lawyers. However, I am confident that there is no basis for the COC’s actions and I will in due course make the appropriate representations to the COC.

Second, I am happy that the COC has decided not to take any action against Sun and has now vindicated her. Sun and I were always confident that there would have been no basis to take any action against her even though the COC had suspended her earlier.

Third, as regards this present step, I am surprised why the COC has decided to embark on this course of action. The COC has never explained how CHC’s property is allegedly at risk, such that it was necessary to issue suspension orders in 2012 and removal orders in 2013. Notwithstanding my views above as to the lack of merits of the suspension and removal order, I had agreed with the COC that it would be expedient and practical for a voluntary suspension to be in place until 6 months after the conclusion of the criminal proceedings. The issues raised in both proceedings are related, and the AGC is involved in both sets of proceedings. I would add that, in fact, it was the COC who made the proposal to me to defer until the criminal proceedings are disposed of, on condition that all 9 affected individuals agree. The COC had also agreed that this would be entirely without admission to liability and without prejudice to my rights. In February 2013, both Sun and I accepted the COC’s offer.

Subsequently however, the COC informed me that the premise on which I had agreed to the voluntary suspension had changed. This was apparently because they were not able to get everyone to agree with them. This is however not something that is within my control. I also did not see how this would alter the fact that Sun and I had already agreed to the voluntary suspension on their terms, and I informed COC accordingly. It was after this that the COC has now decided to pursue this course of action.

Clearly, the COC was itself of the view that it would be more expedient for this matter to be dealt with only after the criminal trial was entirely disposed of. This was clear from their own offer to me, which also provided that the consent would be without admission of liability and also without prejudice to my rights. Yet, it now imposes a deadline on me to respond to the COC a mere 2 days before the commencement of the criminal trial. I will therefore seek clarification from the COC on this point.

In the meantime, I understand that the Commissioner of Charities has assured the CHC Board that I will not be prevented from preaching at CHC’s services. This is only fair as there is no basis for the COC to encroach on the services of the church. I look forward to being in church to worship God with my friends and family. I hope that you continue to keep me, my family and the church in your thoughts and prayers.

KONG

"This is however not something that is within my control "

I thought he can pray to his " god " for everything ! :wink:

PUNISHER

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Knn , when that Botak in renci was charged , he sibey steady admit everything . Knn this cheeby kong until now still snake around Ccb !!

Last edited:

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
In Sinkeepoo, God IS the ruling party. Don't ever cheat, lie and steal in Sinkeepoo... they hate competition.

Good one! this time kong hee fatt choy and his ali baba committee will have free food and lodging
Changi bungalow! Ruling party god will not condone corruption, mismanagement of Money from charity!!

Send Kong Hee and Ali Baba for a long long holiday in the camp at Changi Bungalow!!