• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Nusa Duta Page

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
last month they told you 1.2m? i just went there few days ago, the salesperson told me around 1.3m leh but price not confirmed yet..wow Setia is really a good price leader!
Yah lor these sale guys are fishy , price not confirmed , then can say no more foreigner quotas . No confirmed price means have not launched or sell any unit yet right ? How come foreigner quotas already met ? Sound fishy lah .

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yah lor these sale guys are fishy , price not confirmed , then can say no more foreigner quotas . No confirmed price means have not launched or sell any unit yet right ? How come foreigner quotas already met ? Sound fishy lah .

Pre-booking via cheques I believe. There was a soft launch end of last year. Price quoted to me was $1.2 mil also.

nusaduta

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear all, we have just decided on a unit there. Seems like this is the last phase for the project. Would like to learn from all the pioneers here.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

No lah, quite normal, Setia have been doing this method for Skyloft and other condo sales, they'll collect booking fees and when price is confirmed they'll invite those who have placed booking fees to select units and if the buyer decide not to buy, the booking fee is refundable. So they are doing the same for their cluster houses and foreigner ratio met means they've probably collected more booking fees than units available for foreigners for their cluster houses.

nusaduta

Alfrescian
Loyal
They have the layout plan and are collecting RM10k as booking fee in their lawyer's account. was told currently at plan submission phase hence they can't officially launch yet. We bought with knowledge of layout plan. nice they received the approval. We have to sign the SPA and pay 10% less RM10k

nusaduta

Alfrescian
Loyal
May I ask how does the security works after the project is completed by the developer? I read somewhere in the forum that once project is completed, the management, including appointment of guards and security firms are left in the hands of the owners. Is that true?

alnine

Alfrescian
Loyal
May I ask how does the security works after the project is completed by the developer? I read somewhere in the forum that once project is completed, the management, including appointment of guards and security firms are left in the hands of the owners. Is that true?

It is handed over to the RC. It will take some time.

nusaduta

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks Alnine. May I then ask about the security at night since the entrance to the estate is going through some rows of shophouses. Is it rowdy at night? I assume all of you on this forum are Nusa Duta home owners? We have bought it, may be on impulse, now all the thoughts are floating in our mind.

nusaduta

Alfrescian
Loyal
May I also ask how much are the monthly management/maintenance fees to be paid? Is it paid annually in advance?

alnine

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks Alnine. May I then ask about the security at night since the entrance to the estate is going through some rows of shophouses. Is it rowdy at night? I assume all of you on this forum are Nusa Duta home owners? We have bought it, may be on impulse, now all the thoughts are floating in our mind.

We have bought a place but not move in yet as it will be ready next year. Before signing the SPA we made several trips to the area. The evenings we were there the eateries along the shophouses had good business. Overall we had a good feeling of the place in general.
However I am not the best person to give you a good feedback. Hopefully one or the other forumers staying there mow can give more details.
My advice will be for you to visit ND a few more times and convince yourself of a good buy.

nusaduta

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks Alnine. We will heed the advice. So far we have just paid the RM10k booking fee as project is not officially launch yet. We like the layout and location, just that security is always on top of our mind right now. May I also ask what is the frequency for the developer to claim a redemption since it is progressive payment. I assume this is the only option from the developer.

alnine

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks Alnine. We will heed the advice. So far we have just paid the RM10k booking fee as project is not officially launch yet. We like the layout and location, just that security is always on top of our mind right now. May I also ask what is the frequency for the developer to claim a redemption since it is progressive payment. I assume this is the only option from the developer.

It really depends on the project progress. 2 yrs after signing it needs to be completed. You should have the payment schedule if not you can get it from the web or pm me. IJM has a good reputation to be on time. You can ask your sales person when the next 10 % is due.

Security is also my big worry. Looks like one half of you is a Malaysian so I m sure you know the situation better. So far I did not see any report of a ND break in.

Just curious, can share what you got ? The semi or bangalow ?

Last edited:

nusaduta

Alfrescian
Loyal
It really depends on the project progress. 2 yrs after signing it needs to be completed. You should have the payment schedule if not you can get it from the web or pm me. IJM has a good reputation to be on time. You can ask your sales person when the next 10 % is due.

Security is also my big worry. Looks like one half of you is a Malaysian so I m sure you know the situation better. So far I did see any report of a ND break in.

Just curious, can share what you got ? The semi or bangalow ?

He is a Malaysian from Sarawak and life in Sarawak is so much more peaceful. In fact, many family members are wary of JB for the crimes published on the media.

We bought the bungalow. Was told 28 units of bungalow, 30% foreigner quota. After we book, was told only 1 more unit left for foreigners.

alnine

Alfrescian
Loyal
He is a Malaysian from Sarawak and life in Sarawak is so much more peaceful. In fact, many family members are wary of JB for the crimes published on the media.

We bought the bungalow. Was told 28 units of bungalow, 30% foreigner quota. After we book, was told only 1 more unit left for foreigners.

Congrats on the purchase. The design looks very nice. Would have consider it if we were still shopping for one but most likely it will have stretch our budget.

In any case, yes crime is a problem. My relatives all think i am crazy to have such plan, for that matter going to JB for shopping is also seen as a dangerous adventure. I think the security at ND looks good with single entry, high fence and CCTV, but outside of ND, there were some incident at the Giant area.
Obviously not as safe as Singapore and you will need to be extra careful. Do not leave anything in the car when you park, do not wear anything looking expensive, always be wary of your surrounding, ......... Well these were what I have been told and we try our best to practice it when we go over.

nusaduta

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have also heard the security in ND now is strict which is good. My fear is that once the management is handed over to the residents, can the residents do an equally good or better job in guarding the estate? It is just like the properties in Singapore, some are so well managed and it is a breeze to live in places like that but some of the estates make the home owners feel that they are at the mercy of the guards, as if they are the boss!

nusaduta

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually it is the space we are after. We went to HH in September 2012 and was showed the bungalow at about the same price tag as ND now but due to fear factor, we did not proceed. This time around, we went back to HH and was told that the next phase of bungalow will come at a hefty price tag of RM4m which is way beyond imagination. When we saw ND and price tag was HH Sep 2012 price with a bigger plot of land, we just decided to take the plunge. Afterall, a major factor for us to move is purely for the space!

Congrats on the purchase. The design looks very nice. Would have consider it if we were still shopping for one but most likely it will have stretch our budget.

In any case, yes crime is a problem. My relatives all think i am crazy to have such plan, for that matter going to JB for shopping is also seen as a dangerous adventure. I think the security at ND looks good with single entry, high fence and CCTV, but outside of ND, there were some incident at the Giant area.
Obviously not as safe as Singapore and you will need to be extra careful. Do not leave anything in the car when you park, do not wear anything looking expensive, always be wary of your surrounding, ......... Well these were what I have been told and we try our best to practice it when we go over.

allanckk

Alfrescian
Loyal
is there a security issue for ND?? Have never hear before but saw the news paper everyday also have robber here and there scary.. time to change the gov..