• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

checkers

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tuition classes for primary and secondary school students. English, maths, science and creative writings. Singapore syllabus. Operates on Sunday. In a convernient location like shopping mall. (So that I can go shopping on my own. hehe!) Thats what I am looking for. :smile:

But...who will teach huh? Can't be Singaporean teachers or ex teachers or full time tutors, right? Doubt any of them would want to come over to this side to teach and earn RM? :biggrin:

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
But...who will teach huh? Can't be Singaporean teachers or ex teachers or full time tutors, right? Doubt any of them would want to come over to this side to teach and earn RM? :biggrin:

You will be surprised! Got one Singaporean living in my taman teaching in woodland. Couldn't get him to teach my children because he don't wanna teach on Sunday. Only want to teach on weekday. :smile:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

Actually we have one who is local who have been teaching in SG for 9 years. Paying her the SG equivalent in RM.
She is happy, our students are happy, we are happy.

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi LGlab,

You can also consider properties at Bukit Indah. I drove around that place just now.. From Horizon Hill towards Jusco, instead of turning right, you turn left and you can find the new Bukit Indah development. I find the area around that place spacious, lots of greens and amenity with coffeeshops and shops so your parents can walk around rather than driving.. It is also walking distance to Jusco and I believe the property should be in your budget..

I had just passed my basic theory test yesterday, getting my pdl today.

chiong arrr!!!

i wanna know how to get to HH without own car?

any public transport?

I getting my whole family to view it!

ShawnLow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Aisanbo said:
Isn't it Setia Eco cascadia, rather than Setia Eco garden?

They

Yea its cascadia. Bt it is with eco garden,grab ur ticket frm their office! Or u can giv them ur sg address they send ticket to u. Mini concert target 10k ppl

ShawnLow

Alfrescian
Loyal
yonglip said:
for new launches probably not as these are bigger units.

but can still get resale units for around rm500K or even less. especially for the smaller and earlier launches which were bought at around RM300K..

cheers

Aiyo bro u forgot gt this singer eh~ xp she come for mini concert for abt 1 hour. Free admission with ticket. Yea new lauch hardly get 500k, unless resale.

Skippy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Brought her to places both good and bad. Took her to the pasar malam too and let her experience all the sights and sounds.
Just now, before she went to bed, asked me to take her around Gateway, thought she meant car and prepared to take car
keys, etc but she stopped me and asked to walk around the area. So took her around, she was pretty pleased and then asked
me the often repeated question. Whats the crime rate here?

I told her crime happens everywhere, we need to take proper care and vigliance but thats the best we can do. She seems quite
pleased. Now lamenting why her 2 sons didn't get any back then when i first gave my father in law my report on HH. She even
asked me if i wanted to sell any of mine now, was a bit pai seh but had to say no as i really want to keep them for my children.

Now that i have another one coming along, i am glad i can leave him/her with something. All of wuqi's kids will get something. :smile:
This is really a good place for me, despite its warts and all. Really happy here.

Congrats Bro...It's indeed a wonderful news and am sure your house is gg to filled with so much joy...
Oh yes... can i also be granted for discount.... as i dun have a 11B ... also no cute cute baby yet... but who knows mayb along the way... it's always necessary to look on the bright side... In life we can never know what is gg to happen but live to the best we can... cherish the time we have and live life fullest...

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
So far so good, have used them 5 times lo

They are generally ok but it also depends on your luck as to which worker you get. I asked their help to move a cabinet from balcony to room... they were rushing... so they threw all their judgement out of the window... as they were moving my landlord's cabinet from balcony to living room, the cabinet could not withstand its own weight and collapsed. I did not ask for compensation as this was an additional request from me and the workers were quite helpful and did not know how to refuse me even though they were not confident.

In retrospect, they should have just detach the heavy cabinet doors which could be easily done, that would have reduced the weight by at least 30%.

I am a little amused by the fact that they call themselves CHL and their lorry looks like DHL (same yellow color somemore!)

Last edited:

geritan

Alfrescian
Loyal
normally how old can go child care?
My kid is only 3 months old yesterday. Haha..

my office, there is 1 place cater for childcare.. subsidize for the staffs also..

Your kid can attend infantcare till 18 months. After that progress to childcare. If your wife is working, the subsidy is more.

fischerman12

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi bro..i would look at the following devts for rental yield.

1. Sky Loft (Bukit Indah)...understand some units are still avail on the high floor with view of SG. cannot beat the location of this condo.
2. D'Rich (Nusa Duta)...not launched yet. Should be cheaper compared to sky loft but located not far from hot zone.
3. Molek Pine 4 (Taman molek)...not launched yet. Molek Pines 1 and 2 are doing well in terms of rental. Molek Pines 3 has been gobbled up by the Japenese expat.

condo is better for rental as the cost of damage/rectification is contained. More things can go wrong for landed and its more ex to put right.

cheers bro.

Thanks Bro YongLIp for your input, will look into those property you mentioned. Can I consult you later if got any questions.

Many thanks

geritan

Alfrescian
Loyal
what's your plan when they reach schooling age... are u intending to send them to SG or JB primary school?
i have kids myself.. and i was stumbled when my wife questioned me this.. we prefer to have them study in SG, but traveling time will be horrendous.. not to mention also my wife cannot drive..
taking school bus may not be possible too.. cos they stay back in school for ECA a few days a week..

2 of my kids are studying in Sin. They will continue studying in Sin after we move in, which is end of the year. We will be sending and fetching them ourselves. Yeh agreed that need to spend a bit more time to travel. But in order to be able to retire in JB, need to sacrifice a bit.
If other forummers here can do it, I think we will make it.

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Such traveling is very common in USA.. People drive hours to work everyday.. It is a matter of getting used to.. It help more if you can pump 95..

2 of my kids are studying in Sin. They will continue studying in Sin after we move in, which is end of the year. We will be sending and fetching them ourselves. Yeh agreed that need to spend a bit more time to travel. But in order to be able to retire in JB, need to sacrifice a bit.
If other forummers here can do it, I think we will make it.

teck21

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thank you everyone, grateful for the help I have received here, and many thanks to Odyssey and Wuqi for their respective assisstance on separate issues.

Congrats, welcome to the neighbourhood! What type of unit was it? Well done. :smile:

The Golf, intermediate 24x75 link, type 1B4, just above basketball courts I think.

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thank you everyone, grateful for the help I have received here, and many thanks to Odyssey and Wuqi for their respective assisstance on separate issues.

The Golf, intermediate 24x75 link, type 1B4, just above basketball courts I think.

Congratulations! Good move..

Icyraine

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Icyraine, welcome to the community. My wife and I went thru similar thought processes. I was born and grew up in Ipoh, studied and worked in KL for more than 10 years and only came to SG when I was 32. After earning SGD and seeing the development in Nusajaya, we decided to plant our roots here and start our family. This topic started by bro wuqi (God bless him) really helped us decide and the community of people has has been selfless and always willing to share. BTW, care to share where and how much you bought your unit in HH? Thanks.

Congrats on your next child. I also plan to leave a property to each of my children; part of the long-term plan to use properties to pay for their education and as a way for them to learn property investment skills.

Hi Vincentck, i bought the 3 storey semi d (35x80) at the east golf and it cost me 1.85 m. It's 3800 sqf in land with golf view, but the golf side isnt that long bcoz it's facing the highway. The sale person brought me to another corner superlink terrace unit in the golf (it's arranged in a different way and there are only 8 lot there), this is actually a bumi lot and the owner want to sell it at 1.4 m, it has superb golf view! but oh wow.. 1.4m for a superlink! We also went to west golf and look at a few semi d (50x100), these units are up for resale at 1.8m as well and i remember these were sold at 1.4m a year ago.

Bro wuqi, congrats on your coming baby!! My wife is "reproductively challenged" and we are trying IVF now. Hopefully it will work out well with us.

nesta0013

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hello all,

Newly join member here...Hope to know more about staying at JB and able to share with all the senior bros and sis here :smile:

contra

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is pure priceless :smile:

And the Government is wondering how to get people to conceive more..... is in the environment for sure,helped by a big dose of kind heartedness and selflessness karma. Congrats bro!

Now that i have another one coming along, i am glad i can leave him/her with something. All of wuqi's kids will get something. :smile:
This is really a good place for me, despite its warts and all. Really happy here.

Icyraine

Alfrescian
Loyal

So happy for u!! We will be neighbour, haha. Then we can play tennis together. :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.