• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's like half the price of our universities in sinkie land?

Malborough college opening in Aug 12. Wow so luxurious, got 90 acres space for 1300 students expected by 2018..

http://www.zaobao.com/yx/yx120422_007.shtml
马可波罗学院马国分院  首批新生半数来自新加坡

(2012-04-22)

新闻30秒
  (新山综合讯)设立在柔佛依斯干达特区教育城的英国马可波罗学院马来西亚分院,将在今年8月27日迎接首批新生,人数预计达300人,其中半数来自新加坡。

该院分院院长鲍伯彼克预计,该分院能在2018年达到1300名学生的目标。“首阶段我们只招收250至300名新生,目前非寄宿新生当中,一半来自柔南,另一半来自新加坡。”

他指出,该分院的教育及考试制度依循英国总校,同时遵照马国教育部定下的各项指示;学费介于1万5000令吉至3万5000令吉(约6000至1万4000新元)。

位于依斯干达的分院,是马尔波罗学院(Marlborough College)首间海外分院,总面积达90英亩,现已完成80%的建筑工程。

Last edited:

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Terrible service. Bro, there should be a lot more banks that do commercial properties. Hope u didn't get agitated too much. Take care of yourself

Really disappointed with Hong Leong Bank today. Just to share an unfortunate incident.

We recently bought some commercial properties and went to the different banks for financing.
We then managed to apply for loans between 80-85%.

HLB then told us that they will prefer not to finance this property, it has nothing to do with us
and no loan quantum was ever mentioned. Straight off the bat, they said no, we will not deal
with this developer. Everyone was told that they will be rejected.

Then, when we got rejection letter (requested many times) and sent to the developer, likely
fearing a backlash from the developer, HLB now turned around and said they actually can only give us
60-70%.

90% was what we requested, they claimed. Everyone only needed 80-85%, why would anyone
want 90%? Every single bank we applied for was for 80-85%, why suddenly 90% come into the picture.

In the rejection letter, it was just mentioned rejected without ever mentioning any loan quantum.

The bank manager really disappointed us with this kind of reply. Instead of apologising for a mistake,
they made excuses.

Really shaken my confidence with this bank.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Exactly, some of our forummers are locals like my friend who told me the prospects of getting something within 10 years is next to zero.
If it is something true, its nothing to hide. Living here and being a PR are 2 different things altogether.

Just like the mafia, if you are not Italian, you will never go beyond an associate and never become a made man. Part and parcel of life.

Haha i also think so have zero hope of becoming a PR in Malaysia, nothing to complain though, all countries except SG know how to manage PR and citizenship the right way..

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
If without subsidy, think much more than that, right?

Is it that bad now? During my time only paid $3k or $4k..

Talking about subsidy..SG subsidy cannot be trusted lah..that day I went to see polyclinic, subsidised consultation fee alone is S$10.30, and it is doctor from India...so might as well see doctor from private clinic in Malaysia, heard it is about Rm25 to Rm30?

Last edited:

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just set up an inflatable pStayool, collect rain water, and bath inside. Open concept and free water, why not?

Stay near water tank is good. When your house water pressure is low, you can swim in it..

My friend house in philipines its near to power substation.. Some how he know how to tap free power as well..

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is it that bad now? During my time only paid $3k or $4k..

Talking about subsidy..SG subsidy cannot be trusted lah..that day I went to see polyclinic, subsidised consultation fee alone is S$10.30, and it is doctor from India...so might as well see doctor from private clinic in Malaysia, heard it is about Rm25 to Rm30?

Wah... My time is 6k plus... Now I know your age..

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sounds good!

Asia's first Legoland Hotel to be opened in Malaysia

By Widya Sharkawi

AFP has reported that Iskandar Malaysia is set to see the opening of the first Legoland Hotel in Asia come 2014.

Disclosing that construction had been kicked off last month, Legoland Hotel's developer Merlin Entertainments Groups and LL Themed Hotel said in a statement, "It will bring Lego to life with imaginative theming and a host of child friendly features from low counters in the restaurant to treasure chests full of Lego in the bedrooms."

Slated to be fourth of its kind in the world (after Denmark, the UK and California), the Malaysian Legoland Hotel is adjacent to its theme park counterpart and is hoped to attract travellers both domestic and foreign.

With 30 million Lego bricks to be used in various attractions on-site, the Legoland Malaysia theme park sits on a 76 acre land site in Medini, Iskandar and promotional annual passes has witnessed strong demand following the launch of its sale in December 2011.

Seven themed areas are incorporated in Legoland Malaysia, with each designed to ensure that children of all ages have a blast exploring whilst enjoying the roller coasters, water attractions, Lego experiment centres and shows.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.