• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
You should take a look at Setia Cascadia - designed and built like a condo/high-rise development with full facilities in Singapore but with landed properties - from link houses, clusters, semi-D to bungalows!

Thks, I passed by the Setia Eco Cascadia launch sale office after I had my dinner at Setia Indah coffee shop. It was already closed and quite dark to peek from outside thru the glass. Also seen the project site from outside, well guarded and looks to be in full swing.

Lord Aragorn

Alfrescian
Loyal
wuqi256 said:
So far for CPF, you can't. :(
You can take a loan against your HDB/refinance and use that sum (with lower interest rate than MY) to get a Johore house.
One thing to note is that although MY interest rates are higher than us, their FD rates are high too to offset the currency fluctuation.

HDB, unlike private properties, have no concept of equity. Therefore, one cant simply take a loan against it for the paid up equity. One way is to sell your HDB, cash out, and buy another HDB with full loan.

The only other way is to rent out your HDB after MOP and use that to finance your overseas properties.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
HDB, unlike private properties, have no concept of equity. Therefore, one cant simply take a loan against it for the paid up equity. One way is to sell your HDB, cash out, and buy another HDB with full loan.

The only other way is to rent out your HDB after MOP and use that to finance your overseas properties.

A friend of mine claimed to do that as he refinanced as it was a bank loan for his HDB. Somehow he did manage to get a sum and then bought a unit here back then. As far as i know, he still kept his place in SG and not renting out. He is pretty old though so probably because of his advanced age that he got through.

http://www.asiaone.com/Business/My+...dit+And+Loan/Story/A1Story20070609-12686.html
When were reverse mortgages first made available in Singapore?

Reverse mortgages have been available in Singapore since 1994 when NTUC Income first introduced the scheme for private property owners. Beside NTUC Income, OCBC Bank is currently the only other financial institution to offer reverse mortgages for homeowners of private properties.

Shortly after HDB relaxed its regulations in March 2006 to allow elderly HDB home owners to take up reverse mortgages on commercial terms offered by banks and financial institutions in Singapore, NTUC Income launched reverse mortgages on HDB flats.

Checks on HDB rules shows you are correct through so probably this has either been dropped/discontinued or restricted to only old folks:

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10207p....s?OpenDocument

"HDB flats can only be mortgaged to banks or financial institutions to finance the purchase. HDB owners are not allowed to use their HDB flat, which has been fully paid for, as collateral to raise credit facilities."

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10325p.nsf/w/MLRefinance?OpenDocument

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Yes Bro Wuqi has a very good suggestion, if not might take wrong turn and end up in mangrove jungle:eek:!!! Bro DOA will be heart broken then:biggrin:.

Quite difficult to get lost there actually as they have already cleared a lot of trees and vegetation, etc. Some of the old village roads were also closed off or rerouted. For someone like Crystal, i have faith in her to find anywhere here but its always nice to have a chaperone. :wink:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hey Guys, anyone has any recommendations for banker? Just got some LOs from banks (UOB / Maybank / Citibank) but would like to check out others before comitting. Thanks in advance! :smile:

Wuqi: Thanks for the advice on the building maintenence checks.

Toyohon: Hi! How do we access the EDL from the CIQ (first link)? Are the road signs up?

Anyone has any recommendation for contractors / IDs?

Maybank is surprisingly good. HLB and OCBC as well.
Bros here can assist further for contractors and IDs.

toyohon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thks, I passed by the Setia Eco Cascadia launch sale office after I had my dinner at Setia Indah coffee shop. It was already closed and quite dark to peek from outside thru the glass. Also seen the project site from outside, well guarded and looks to be in full swing.

Yes, you need to go to their Setia Sales Building/Gallery to register you interest before they ferry you there in an air-cond van to the Show houses at the project site.

Andhika: All signs are up and you can't miss them as you exit JB CIQ.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Grago, u're joking, aren't u? Our intelligent and brave ms tiong will lose her way? Not in a million years. It will take her no time to learn the entire JB.

Besides, once inside laguna, it is extremely extremely extremely hard for anyone to lose their way leh ...

Yes Bro Wuqi has a very good suggestion, if not might take wrong turn and end up in mangrove jungle:eek:!!! Bro DOA will be heart broken then:biggrin:.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Out of the three, I had best experience with Citibank, followed by maybank and lastly UOB.

Hey Guys, anyone has any recommendations for banker? Just got some LOs from banks (UOB / Maybank / Citibank) but would like to check out others before comitting. Thanks in advance! :smile:

Toyohon: Hi! How do we access the EDL from the CIQ (first link)? Are the road signs up?

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is certainly achievable. And it sounded like it's much easier to drive in JB nowadays, comparing to the slow-crawled sinkie lanes. These new infrastructures, including the coastal highways and danga highway, are really commendable.

However, the new traffic pattern of EDL is yet to be established, depending on the charging mechanism. Hope it will really benefit for those staying in DO, ST etc

Took the newly minted EDL to return to Sg this morning at about 10.30 am. As the side of the entrance from Pandan had a few lorries/works vehicles, I proceeded with caution thinking that it might really be an April Fools joke. Imagine the embarrassment if it really is a joke! I did not see any vehicles following me, and that made me more unsure. There was absolutely no other vehicles behind me (from Pandan) even though there were a couple of cars which zoomed past, coming in from NS Highway. Three lanes on each side and I exited at Permas to refuel, joined in again at the exit infront of Lions Hotel? further down entering the underpass into the CIQ building middle lane. Breezy drive and if you are coming back from Setia Tropika/Dato Onn/Adda Heights etc, the claimed timing of 15 minutes is certainly achievable!

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Austin still have a lot ongoing at the moment. The entire plot along Austin golf is yet to be developed. They have launched one small plot recently, worth checking out. Water theme park, lifestyle mall etc are in the pipelines. Many locals prefer that area over anywhere else ..

I was in Austin area and Setia indah area yesterday. Austin area looks attractive and has the hilly feel of hh and quite surprised to find that Setia Indah is quite near Austin. Quite many GG residential areas and new development projects there Austin, including Austin Regency.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
I visited this shop.

They specialized in wall ID and they can give advise on your theme

http://www.maximworldgroup.com/Web/Home.aspx

They have a lot of catalogues at their office at Austin. U may want to check it out.

Bro bbbear,

They do outdoor wood decking (like those Balinese style) and also laminated wood flooring too. It might be of interests to u :smile:

Last edited:

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Austin still have a lot ongoing at the moment. The entire plot along Austin golf is yet to be developed. They have launched one small plot recently, worth checking out. Water theme park, lifestyle mall etc are in the pipelines. Many locals prefer that area over anywhere else ..

Frankly I am quite confused. How many Austin precinct there? :confused:I understand Taman Austin, Austin Residence or Sri Austin....semua tak sama developers ya?? And they are situated different places eg Sri Austin beside DO..

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
For those enquired where to get good breed of animals, especially dogs, I recently discovered this place

http://www.waterzuu.com/

The place is quite big. They sell pets, tropical fish, marine fish and also those big expensive kois, including Japanese koi that cost minimally few hundred a piece. No arowana tho

Last edited:

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
From my memory, from DO, u can connect to taman daya, adda heights, setia indah, taman Austin (including jusco tebrau) etc

Not sure about the developers but the one that built the Austin heights is the one that's developing the entire land outside and around the golf course.

Do correct me if I'm wrong, only making an attempt to answer

Frankly I am quite confused. How many Austin precinct there? :confused:I understand Taman Austin, Austin Residence or Sri Austin....semua tak sama developers ya?? And they are situated different places eg Sri Austin beside DO..

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
From my memory, from DO, u can connect to taman daya, adda heights, setia indah, taman Austin (including jusco tebrau) etc

Not sure about the developers but the one that built the Austin heights is the one that's developing the entire land outside and around the golf course.

Do correct me if I'm wrong, only making an attempt to answer

Cos tere were once I took a cab, meter chik lolly chik lolly up. I asked for Sri Austin and that Ah Pek blur blur took me to another Austin area near another prececint sounds like "Perdana". I have no choice but to hand him my HP and requested that he called the Sri Austin office for guide. Then he made one big turn, quite a distance, passes by DO then reached Sri Austin. The latter quite far like DO. But the other Austin area look quite decent. Hmm...where is Austin Height situated?

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://austinheights.com.my/en/index.html

Gps coordinate of Austin hill golf club is here

http://j-travel.blogspot.com/2011/02/austin-hills-golf-resort-before.html?m=1

http://j-travel.blogspot.com/2008/05/austin-hill-golf-resort-tmn-mount.html?m=1

Austin heights is opposite across the main road. If u go from tebrau jusco, Austin heights would be on your left, and golf club on right.

Sunway college is also there

http://sunway.edu.my/university/contact

And there is only one 24 hours McDonald in mount austin. Tons of shops there with lots of restaurants. U should go visit

Sorry, no clue about your perdana Austin. Maybe the can driver really took u for a ride to get more $$$$ lol. Kidding ... I really dont know

Cos tere were once I took a cab, meter chik lolly chik lolly up. I asked for Sri Austin and that Ah Pek blur blur took me to another Austin area near another prececint sounds like "Perdana". I have no choice but to hand him my HP and requested that he called the Sri Austin office for guide. Then he made one big turn, quite a distance, passes by DO then reached Sri Austin. The latter quite far like DO. But the other Austin area look quite decent. Hmm...where is Austin Height situated?

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ok. Austin is really big and u r right whoami, all different developers

SEri Austin - umland
http://www.umland.com.my/austin/austin.htm

Austin perdana - mah sing (also same area leh)
http://www.mahsing.com.my/index.php?option=com_property_details&id=2&tab=5

Austin heights - as above

Reason I asked cos tat day was at Jln Ah Fook area near City Sq. Saw this big poster/banner advertising Austin precinct with nice pic scenery including bukit (hills). So just took a cab but the ah pek took me for a ride and went to the wrong Austin. :smile:Till today still havent go tere look c look c.:(

Tks for those link, DOA.

Anyway ur initial in malay mean supplication. :smile:

Last edited:

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh is it?? With such an initial that u guys have given me, I'm actually surprised that the toto fortune still hasn't landed on my door ... Maybe I wasnt praying humbly enough :biggrin:

How is it pronounced? DoA as in du-ah?

Next time when I pass by there, I'll try to spot that ads for u again :smile:

Reason I asked cos tat day was at Jln Ah Fook area near City Sq. Saw this big poster/banner advertising Austin precinct with nice pic scenery including bukit (hills). So just took a cab but the ah pek took me for a ride and went to the wrong Austin. :smile:Till today still havent go tere look c look c.:(

Tks for those link, DOA.

Anyway ur initial in malay mean supplication. :smile:

Last edited:

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Oh is it?? With such an initial that u guys have given me, I'm actually surprised that the toto fortune still hasn't landed on my door ... Maybe I want praying humbly enough :biggrin:

God willing...fortune will come ur way. But not necessarily in ToTo.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.