• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Batok Seri

Alfrescian
Loyal
Botak Seri still await your reply on if the Digital Antenna at Sim Lim can be used for normal TVs in JB?

Never tried with normal TV but should work because the Soundtech one I got can also pull analog signals.

But if you don't have HD TV, then no point getting digital antenna because:-
- normal TV cannot receive digital frequencies and even if your model can...
- the built-in receiver won't know what to do with signal content and even if your model know...
- the display cannot show the higher resolution

Question is, why not just get a HDTV?
A 42 inch plasma is only $600 to $700 nowsadays.

Last edited:

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Recently i just go to the Sacred Heart Cathedral at Taman Sentosa.

But since my children got catechism in Spore i gotta rush back on Sun mornings.

Freakin irritating.... i dun even get to enj0y my home.

Oops i am sorry i did not notice that you had answered. Sorry dude.

Hi AP, answered you sometime back.... Used to go to both the Church's but not anymore now a Buddhist. You're right wild pork taste something else, stays with for a while :smile:
QUOTE]

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh thats nice.... Nice to hear the CH has come up quite nicely.

It will be a joy and pleasure to all using it. Those who want straight connectivity can use it. This will relieve traffic snarls on the inner roads below.

So win-win both ways.

And the traffic situation will improve further once the EDL comes along.

The one right outside HH, its the coastal highway. Didn't want to risk having the gate closed in on me as i wander in around so after a short 7 min or so, went back out.

Yes, it will connect both, so both areas are interlinked, like the lips to ones teeth.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree with you here. I buy it from Sheng Shiong Supermarket chain. Not sure if thats the right thing i am doing. But the price is right and the meat looks fresh.:biggrin:

But i guess the Malaysian one is even fresher right? Just slaughtered and on your table.

Hi, you can get the fresh pork from Indonesia available from wet market (in Singapore), I find it tastes better than the fresh pork from Australia.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Our house hunting trips brought us everywhere didnt it?

I started with Horizon Hills on the recommendation of a very good friend of mine who used to golf there regularly. He told me that he was very much impressed by the HH developments.

And then i moved on checking out quite a number of developments.

I even checked out Kempas Utama. But somehow Kempas Utama does not feel right to me. I dunno why.

During one of my house hunting trips, I saw one big wet market at Setia Indah. I don't know whether they sell pork there though.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow.... a lesson in technology...

Nice one... Hard trying to understand but finally understand.

Actually i should buy a HD TV right? But me.... stingy me... He he...

R u suggesting that i get from Spore and bring over?

Never tried with normal TV but should work because the Soundtech one I got can also pull analog signals.

But if you don't have HD TV, then no point getting digital antenna because:-
- normal TV cannot receive digital frequencies and even if your model can...
- the built-in receiver won't know what to do with signal content and even if your model know...
- the display cannot show the higher resolution

Question is, why not just get a HDTV?
A 42 inch plasma is only $600 to $700 nowsadays.

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Our house hunting trips brought us everywhere didnt it?

I started with Horizon Hills on the recommendation of a very good friend of mine who used to golf there regularly. He told me that he was very much impressed by the HH developments.

And then i moved on checking out quite a number of developments.

I even checked out Kempas Utama. But somehow Kempas Utama does not feel right to me. I dunno why.

House hunting is very personal. One my suits you perfectly while the other might not catch your 2nd glance at all isn't it? But overall I'm a bull for Iskandar Malaysia.

Btw, I cleared my inbox liao.... :smile:

Jogs1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cross-border transport gets boost

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stori...119721/1/.html

SINGAPORE: From July, taxis plying both sides of the Singapore-Malaysia border will be able to pick up and drop off passengers anywhere in their domestic countries.

The implementation date of this taxi rule change was agreed on Wednesday at the eighth working meeting of the Malaysia-Singapore Joint Ministerial Committee.

Currently, cross-border taxis are allowed to pick up and drop off passengers at just two places - Ban San Street near Bugis, and Pasar Bakti terminal in Johor.

There are some 400 authorised cabs which offer cross-border services - 200 in Singapore and 200 in Malaysia.

The Joint Ministerial Committee also agreed to boost connectivity by further increasing the quota for cross border bus services.

It noted that additional cross-border bus services between Singapore and Iskandar Malaysia have been approved and are being implemented.

A joint engineering study for the Rapid Transit System (RTS) link between Iskandar Malaysia and Singapore was also approved.

The statement said officials from both sides will endeavour to gather international best practices in the implementation of a dual co-located Customers, Immigration and Quarantine system to complement the RTS link.

The Joint Ministerial Committee noted with satisfaction that Khazanah Nasional Berhad and Temasek Holdings have progressed in the discussion on the development of an iconic project with a wellness theme in Iskandar Malaysia.

The project is targeted to be launched in May 2011.

The statement also said the river cleaning project in the Iskandar Malaysia is progressing well.

The Joint Ministerial Committee also endorsed the recommendations by the Tourism Work Group on the development and marketing of a trans-boundary, joint eco-tourism attraction involving Singapore's Sungei Buloh Wetland Reserve and Malaysia's three Ramsar sites of Sungai Pulai, Pulau Kukup and Tanjung Piai.

The first phase will involve the twinning of Pulau Kukup and Sungei Buloh Wetland Reserve.

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is the 'Rapid Transit System (RTS)' refering to MRT or railway?

There is going to be a tansport hub somewhere nearer to EL side, Msia rail system will be stopping there and joining with JB side which I suspect will join with SG rail. Heard that from sales person in EL last sunday.

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is going to be a tansport hub somewhere nearer to EL side, Msia rail system will be stopping there and joining with JB side which I suspect will join with SG rail. Heard that from sales person in EL last sunday.

I think its this one:-

Puteri Harbour

Puteri Harbour is the jewel of Nusajaya. This waterfront precinct, is an integrated waterfront and marina development that spans 688 acres offering a panoramic view of the Straits of Johor. Puteri Harbour redefines luxury living and offers boundless real estate benefits to the astute investor. Located adjacent to Kota Iskandar (Johor state new administrative centre), Puteri Harbour will be a unique luxurious lifestyle community, offering the experience of exceptional waterfront living, dining, entertainment, the arts and culture in a safe and picture postcard natural setting.

It is an ideal location for global or regional commerce and events, with state-of-the-art facilities and a business-friendly environment that will create world-class personal or business investment opportunities.

Puteri Harbour’s development components comprise waterfront residential (prime waterfront properties), commercial development (offices and retail shops), FAME ( Food & beverage outlets, Arts, Music and Entertainment), transportation hub (water transport terminal for water taxis and ferry, bus terminal, tram and LRT station), a marina (berthing, chandlery and accommodation facilities for boaters, yachters, boat/yacht charter owners/operators and water sports owners/operators) and a Cultural Park initiated and owned by the Johor State Government.

http://www.nusajayacity.com/sdev_puteri.php

rw6akr

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi East Ledang residents, just to check if you guys can bring your relatives, friends etc to go for a swim or GYM without having to pay?I understand that for Horizon Hills, even if I have a semi d or bungalow and am member, I still need to pay a certain amount for my folks/friends to use the pool etc and for GYM, its strictly for members and not for relatives/friends etc even if I pay. Is East Ledang the same too?

It is a bit easier at East Ledang at the moment but I hope things will change once there are more units completed. Actually, it is a big question for me about the density of population in East Ledang and the size of its club house. It seems a bit too small for the overall project. However, we are enjoying it at this stage and are quite happy that it is not yet crowded...

mallow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi East Ledang residents, just to check if you guys can bring your relatives, friends etc to go for a swim or GYM without having to pay?I understand that for Horizon Hills, even if I have a semi d or bungalow and am member, I still need to pay a certain amount for my folks/friends to use the pool etc and for GYM, its strictly for members and not for relatives/friends etc even if I pay. Is East Ledang the same too?

Hi dapbest, East Ledang residents would need not pay (for both swimming pool & gym) but their guests would be charged a nominal fee of RM15 (for the pool or gym facility).
At present this is weakly enforced, but the rule.

lancevp

Alfrescian
Loyal
I noticed the same thing -- the clubhouse in EL seems tiny for such a huge development. With the number of houses in the development, once completed, it may be a bit congested. Does anyone know if there are actually plans to expand the clubhouse?

mallow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Wuqi
Thank you for your kind comments on my site: www.puterim.com
Glad to assist visitors to Living in Johor with questions about this part of Johor - East Ledang & Ledang Heights, since I am living here.
I am in the midst of compiling a segment on our all-important interest, which is food. Right now I have a place for wild boar bak kut teh, the three best Indian restaurants in Johor, a few good seafood
restaurants, a very good Italian restaurant and - if people don't know it yet - George and Dragon which is reminiscent of the old style Hainanese cooks in Troika.
Glad of all personally recommended places to eat.
D x

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal
Vincentck,
There is no tax or duties if you are genuinely moving to Malaysia. Your movers will help you apply AP (approved permit). You must submit a list of all the electrical/ electronic items along with their serial numbers. So don't worry about taxes and seeking your stuff.
Thanks for your reply Polymin. If that's the case, will probably keep both sets and put it into my bedroom to use... heheh

Originally Posted by vincentck
Hi Polymin, did you have to pay "extra" for moving the fridge, TV and other electronic appliances? I'm planning to move to Nusajaya in October this year and I have a 42" LCD TV and a HTS system. Thinking of whether to sell it off in SG to avoid paying high taxes instead of moving it to Nusajaya. Thanks.

Hi Vincentck, Best to get a mover and "pay the piper" so to speak, they will settle your taxes for you especially if they are moving all your stuff at one go. Some folks though will say to just try your luck if you don't have much to move out to your new place. Put in the boot of your car and drive in late at night/very early in the morning.

Bro wuqi, no problem with the HTS set to fit into my car boot. But the TV cannot fit, need to move in my lorry/van. Thanks.

The movers will handle it for you.

Tong Carriage handled it for me.

So dun worry.

No need to sell bro.

Thanks bro. Will let the movers do their stuff.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Im so glad this is happening. Cause from what i heard the North South Railway will terminate at Kempas and that is why Kempas is turning out to be a major transport hub.

And then there will possibly be a rapid transit that links Kempas to Woodlands.

I had previously mentioned this and that the Setia guys had said that the master plan also offers an exit for those who wish to take the train to Spore.

{I know you and i wont need the train}

Nevertheless nice to have facility.

Is the 'Rapid Transit System (RTS)' refering to MRT or railway?

Status
Not open for further replies.