• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Setia Tropika community

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Oh yeah one suggestion. Is it possible to start a thread under Setia Developments? Or do people here generally do it under community? There are alot of HH residents in this forum, so was wondering if could start one for Bukit Indah-the address?

Bro Wuqi, I really thought a new thread must be started by the administrator of this forum. This is to avoid flooding the forum with too many threads talking about the same thing. Well I never thought this forum is just about HH (at least that was not what I said). I was only remarking that there are many HH residents, not alluding to anything except that there really are more HH residents in this forum than say BI residents. I think in the internet space, something that is written simply could be misinterpreted out of proportion. Using a quote from the tv series V, I come in peace, always. So here is a chill pill for you bro Wuqi :smile: Peace

Already started the Bukit Indah page for you, my apologies, it was a general comment as almost every other day, someone will come and question the exact same thing without reading up.

You might have missed it but it's pretty clear some of the other folders have been started by other forummers. You can start one main one for Setia developments but then I will have to lump it into a single folder for the rest of their developments.

For now, I would suggest to please use the respective folder for your development and start posting.

cascadia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey I also got a unit at Cascadia Oak Phase 1, Just received letter which state they completed 10% and requested a drawdown from the bank.
Actually as what moving out said, the benefit is that is the developer absorb almost all of the cost to own a units.
Too bad is really a bit far from the check points.
I also booked my unit in Singapore, I believe they have grant period for you to get your deposit back.

may i know how much you paid for the oak phase I? net price.
and what kind of promotion you get that time? such as 0% interest til completion, free legal fee for SPA, loan and MOT etc..

thanks. your unit is facing north or south? near to clubhouse?

cascadia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey Kenken,

I think I will stay with my decision on Cascadia cos I reali prefer to hve a place w "condo facilities"..... heehee...... and also I reali like all the greens surrounding it.

The only negative thing is tat the distance from the check points as mentioned in ur reply.

Infact I dun reali like the layout of The Hazel and reali wanted The Walnut..... but Walnut left with one unit and is kinda at the back of the development.

Had infact reali prefer Tropika also but then was looking for something with clubhse facilities ar......

may i know what is the net price you bought the Hazel? any promo you received such as 0% interest, free legal fee (loan, SPA and MOT...

Mummymoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hello all. I'm a newbie here. DH and I have just put down a booking fee for a bungalow unit (they call these units Villas?) at Setia Tropika. We are now trying to secure a loan from the list of bankers the developer gave us. TOP is expected end of next year. We are buying this unit with my SIL and her family so the plan is for the two families to rent out our condos and stay together in the new house. That made the decision to move so much easier for both families. So wish us luck as we wait to hear from the banks (we approached Public Bank and Maybank)!

Stevewish

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone bought the Walnut ? I book 1 end lot at more than 800k ! Seem very ex !

If I'm not wrong, it includes everything eg. all bank and legal doc charges, except foreign levy.

BTW, I still think ok as compare to their condo like Sky residence, Sky peak and Setia 88 which cost much more than this.

Last edited:

edragon

Alfrescian
Loyal
If I'm not wrong, it includes everything eg. all bank and legal doc charges, except foreign levy.

BTW, I still think ok as compare to their condo like Sky residence, Sky peak and Setia 88 which cost much more than this.
I think those are service apartments sitting on commercial land which cost and worth much more than residential land.

Arthur

Hi everyone, I'm new in this forum and Sky Gardens Residences at Setia Tropika is my favorite place. Last time. I visited there with my friend in 2009 and I found it very good place. People are very good and sincere.

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nice to have nice family all stay together.. congratulations!

Hello all. I'm a newbie here. DH and I have just put down a booking fee for a bungalow unit (they call these units Villas?) at Setia Tropika. We are now trying to secure a loan from the list of bankers the developer gave us. TOP is expected end of next year. We are buying this unit with my SIL and her family so the plan is for the two families to rent out our condos and stay together in the new house. That made the decision to move so much easier for both families. So wish us luck as we wait to hear from the banks (we approached Public Bank and Maybank)!

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hello Mummymoo

Congratulations on your decision to move to Johor. A bit more 'laid back' over here But things get done ...eventually...... My experience with Maybank is "too have lots,lots of patience......" All the best to you.

Mummymoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hello Mummymoo

Congratulations on your decision to move to Johor. A bit more 'laid back' over here But things get done ...eventually.....��. My experience with Maybank is "too have lots,lots of patience......" All the best to you.

Thank you Grago and arsenal for your welcome!

I am looking forward to a more laid back pace of life so I am a-ok with that :smile: We haven't heard back from any of the banks although DH is making calls every now and then to find out what's happening. Maybank seems to want to see more evidence of income and assets than Public Bank but that's fine with us because we want to be with banks who are careful and thorough with their checks. The family is pretty excited with the whole thing but I am a little bit overwhelmed by the thought of having to leave the house before 6am daily to get the kids to school on time. Anyways, we still have about a year or so to go before the actual move happens so we'll cross the bridge when we get there!

Stevewish

Alfrescian
Loyal

Congrat!

BTW, you shall have tried all banks. Maybank is very slow in processing, Public Bank requires a lot of info. In the end, i took up Hong Leong, approval within a week and gave higher loan although I requested lesser.

which type of villas do you book? is it Moritz 80' x 120'@ Fennix Resort, cost > RM 3mil

Last edited:

Mummymoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Congrat!

BTW, you shall have tried all banks. Maybank is very slow in processing, Public Bank requires a lot of info. In the end, i took up Hong Leong, approval within a week and gave higher loan although I requested lesser.

which type of villas do you book? is it Moritz 80' x 120'@ Fennix Resort, cost > RM 3mil

Hmmm maybe we should try contacting Hong Leong. We booked the Narvitz for RM2.6mil (I can't recall the size now). Kinda steep but since there will be two familiies living together, the space would be just nice for us. We also like that it is near to the clubhouse.

tonto

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hmmm maybe we should try contacting Hong Leong. We booked the Narvitz for RM2.6mil (I can't recall the size now). Kinda steep but since there will be two familiies living together, the space would be just nice for us. We also like that it is near to the clubhouse.

Can try Thomas from Hong Leong +60197296019. He helped me to apply loan for my Setia property, drove me to their branch to open bank account for my Setia property. Good service, nice chap. I don't get any referral fees, just want to help :smile:

Last edited:

Mummymoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can try Thomas from Hong Leong +60197296019. He helped me to apply loan for my Setia property, drove me to their branch to open bank account for my Setia property. Good service, nice chap. I don't get any referral fees, just want to help :smile:

Thanks! I will call him today. We're getting a bit worried because we have not heard back from either Public Bank or Maybank and it's been a week :rolleyes:

inlinev4

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can try Ocbc as they are quite fast.
The Taman Molek branch is open on Sunday some more.
Address :-
47 & 49 Jalan Molek 81100 Johor Bahru
Tel : 6012-7116152
The guy I deal with is quite efficient too, u can look for Houston Koh

Mummymoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can try Ocbc as they are quite fast.
The Taman Molek branch is open on Sunday some more.
Address :-
47 & 49 Jalan Molek 81100 Johor Bahru
Tel : 6012-7116152
The guy I deal with is quite efficient too, u can look for Houston Koh

Thanks! I will also give them a call!