• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Is this the Best that the PAP can do?

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
I can't believe that the PAP cannot dredge up better candidates than the 24 new idiots they are fielding. Are they scraping at the barrel, or is the position of MP now just patronage position to reward supporters and insiders with a $15,000 a month salary?

Some of these candidates have such a disconnect with the general populace, they might as well be from Mars. How can a 23 year old girl who has not achieved anything in life other than marry a politically connected and much older rich sugar daddy purport to represent an ordinary singaporean? I think her father would have been a better candidate, at least he is a small business owner operating a kopitiam. People can empathize and identify with that.

And what's with all these generals coming out of the woodwork? What makes them suddenly qualified to be MPs after years of ordering people around, being driven around in staff cars, etc.? They have not even been civilians in decades, and their purported achievements in the military are so minor and irrelevant, it bears little semblance to life in the real world. If the PAP fielded a candidate who was a SSGT or Inche in the SAF for 20 years, I would be more willing to vote for him. Why? because a SSGT in all likelihood would have lived in a HDB flat, struggle to raise a family on a limited real world income like all of us. He would be someone who is more aware of the flaws in his HDB estate, the difficulty of getting his kids into a good school, putting food on the table, etc. This would have been someone a voter can relate to. The PAP still has not come to the realisation that paper qualifications, lots of degrees and diplomas means nothing to an ordinary citizen. The ordinary citizen has seen how such "highly qualified" individuals lose billions $ of his tax dollars, screw up the job market with FTs, etc. I would believe at this stage an ordinary citizen wouldmuch rather prefer to vote for someone .............well ordinary, rather than these FAKE supermen the PAP keeps parading out.

This brings me to the issue of FT candidates, or rather newly minted citizens masquerading as candidates. Talk about a traitorous stab to the heart of a singaporean, can it be any more worse an act of treason that the PAP is perpertrating on singaporeans. These candidates have essentially come in the back door, utilising every benefit not available to singaporeans. i.e., as in the case of the asshole indian doctor, getting high pay, while not having to do his NS, and bidding his time as PR before appropriately applying for citizenship. What about the other Indian who was born in Malaysia, bounced around, and than settled here without having to do NS either. Given that many singaporeans have lost educational and job opportunities to FTs, than to see the very same FTs get ahead and become their MPS is particularly galling and not a slap but a punch to their face. The insane thing about this is how the PAP keeps harping that we have a huge defence budget to protect ourselves from our neighbour, but yet makes a citizen of that same neighbour one of the MP candidates. Are they saying that MPs are not privileged to confidential military secrets that could be disseminated back to the country of their birth? Would the Democrat or Republican party in the US have fielded a candidate that was until 2 years ago a citizen of Mexico? I think not.

Gay Loong and his father always complain about how hard it is to find good people to join the PAP. I think the issue is rather not a question of finding good people for the PAP, its one of why good people WILL NOT JOIN the PAP. Father, son, and holy Goh need to ask the question "What is it about our org, that DOES NOT AND CANNOT SEEM TO ATTRACT QUALITY PEOPLE?". Why is it that they have to shanghai people from the trade unions, army, young bimbos, materialistic pants wearing women, recent ex-FTs, etc. to present a fake facade of decent candidates? Could it be the fault lies with them instead?

I am finally reminded of the words of jack Kennedy "Ask not what your country can do for you, rather, ask what you can do for your country". I can unequivocally say that not one of these 24 idiots have asked this question, rather they have asked "How much can my country pay me for the post of MP". Its a sad day for singapore. I believe the opposition with their more "real world" and "ordinary Joes" candidates more properly represent singaporeans than these PAP candidates from another planet or country, whichever may be the case.

Last edited:

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Listen, I agree 101% with what you said and you said it eloquently. But, no need to go downwards with "colourful" remarks. I'm sure nobody likes to be called "jaundiced" as well, do they?

I have to appear Malay mah, hence my new name is PAP bin Smearer. :-)

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I believe Mohammed was mentioned ;-)

ok...since im wanted here ....i will do my best .

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/EuhjpU5Rin4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/HpXtA5MWo2Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/lg7QJKEyumw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/XggR0_pRWu8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>