• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Olympus OM-D E-M5 retro (best mirrorless camera of 2012)

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
OMDEM5.jpg

olympus-om-d-em-5-body-silver-black.jpg

warthog

Alfrescian
Loyal
olympus OM-D is perfect for street photography, tilt the LCD and use your finger to press on the LCD to shoot.
because the camera is so small and if you shoot at the hip, and press finger on LCD, they do not even know you are there.

There are some average zoom lenses and very good prime for that camera.

it is quiet. in the street, they cannot hear you. But image quality is not up to level of fujifilm x -pro1.

But the most quiet is fujifilm x100, even in theatre, they can barely hear you. That one only have fixed lens. oh M9 is very quiet too, like x100. But M9 have bad high ISO.

look at those review i attached in fujifilm x pro 1 thread, look at those street photography , OMG IQ are great for such a light camera.
http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?115611-Fujifilm-x-pro-1&p=1046899#post1046899

Agreed with you that EM5 is indeed a stealthy camera for street photography.

How do you find the build quality of the EM5 ?
Do you find the buttons too loose and shaky ?
Some forums mentioned that the black/silver coating on the EM5 worn off very quickly too. Do you agree ?
For the black version, the texture of the front coating looks different. Will it be slippery if water or sweat contacts it ?

Nevertheless a good camera for High ISO/Low Lighting photography.....

Thanks ! 8 )

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Next time they catch someone for upskirt in NZ, we know who the culprit is.

I don't do upskirts. I have done nudes at a client's request and I was not happy with the results so I don't do them anymore. It's a challenging genre to get right.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Picking up my OM-D at 3.00 pm today. I'll keep everyone posted. I wanted the silver finish but they don't bring those in.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Picking up my OM-D at 3.00 pm today. I'll keep everyone posted. I wanted the silver finish but they don't bring those in.

How much? Which lens is the kit lens, if its 14-45mm, you can chuck it 1 sode liao... post some review hor

But I'm surprise you bought OMD instead of Xpro, Fuji have better lenses

Last edited:

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
How much? Which lens is the kit lens, if its 14-45mm, you can chuck it 1 sode liao... post some review hor

But I'm surprise you bought OMD instead of Xpro, Fuji have better lenses

I managed to get the silver one!!!! :p

I wanted the body only plus the 9~18 mm lens but they said they weren't bringing body only till the middle of the year so I got the 14~42 mm kit lens.

It's a tiny camera compared to the D3 I'm so used to lugging around but it will serve it's purpose perfectly. I'll use it mainly for covert street photography so the lens quality isn't that important.

When I want image quality, I've got my Phase One IQ160 which beats EVERYTHING hands down!

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I managed to get the silver one!!!! :p

I wanted the body only plus the 9~18 mm lens but they said they weren't bringing body only till the middle of the year so I got the 14~42 mm kit lens.

It's a tiny camera compared to the D3 I'm so used to lugging around but it will serve it's purpose perfectly. I'll use it mainly for covert street photography so the lens quality isn't that important.

When I want image quality, I've got my Phase One IQ160 which beats EVERYTHING hands down!

Dun say lens not important, you will cry when you shoot at night with your that lens. I have a few lenses, but I always bring 20mm and 9-18mm along. You get 25 and 45mm lah, my dream lenses, LOL

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Dun say lens not important, you will cry when you shoot at night with your that lens. I have a few lenses, but I always bring 20mm and 9-18mm along. You get 25 and 45mm lah, my dream lenses, LOL

I've taken great images with much worse lenses plus you forget there is software nowadays that can fix just about everything if the need arises.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Took a while to get the basics right. I hate reading manuals but I found myself being forced to refer to the contents because many buttons aren't labelled and many functions have to be set from the menu. EG for continuous shooting, I was looking for a dial but there wasn't one.

On my Nikons that I'm used to, there is a button or dial or lever for just about everything.

Will check the image quality tomorrow when I'm down town for lunch.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If only OM-D have the thumbwheel instead of the 4 directions button at the back, would be my 1st upgrade choice.

Very gian on the Xpro 1