• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

g3abc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hello Sir,

pardon the slight change in subject, but may i know your comments on the following,..

1. in these new estates, the nights are so much darker, quieter,..have you ever stayed over-night in your house, alone, with all lights off..how was the feeling ?

Driving Experience, alone,. nights around these areas ?

Anyone believe in Ghosts presence ?

I spent a night at Taman Nusa Perintis,..and was amused by the alternate periods of quietness, and the occasional group of noisy, neighbourhood kids-on-motorbikes,....felt "adventourous".

2. Does anyone have a topographic map of this area ? what are the risks of tropical monson flooding in Johor ? where are the low-lying areas ?

Thanks

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Investing in Nusajaya

Guys, I am new here - was in another forum and posted investing in a house in JB and was redirected here, which i found what I am looking for...haven't read all the postings - which i plan to over the weekend!
But I can't resist the question now - Which is a better buy for long term investment in JB?

few places i have in mind

HH
Bukit Indah - also pricey now - Condo is going for half a million!!
Austin Heights near the golf course (Tebrau Area - Tmn Daya, Kempas ect)
Tropika near the NSH..
Senibong Cove

I love HH - But prices are rediculously high for me (out of my budget now) 920K for a cluster home!

my budget is around 500k...and looking for landed with a little bit of land at the side...
for long term investment - like most of you, plan to retire here and kids probably will be working in SG...hence not too far for them to visit me! - means need to rent out the place now ...and then retire and move here.

So which place offer better rental - easy of rentign i mean..i don't mind if it does not cover the monthly instalment, as long as it is rented out...(dun wan it to be a ghost house rite!)

otehr priorities would be near ammenities and gated and gurded with lots of greens...

Appreciate some recommendations, as I plan to drive in this weekend to have a look at a few places in Tebrau area...

what about Puteri Harbour? is that a good place?

Thanks Bro - hope will be able to join all of you as one havign a place in JB

For your budget, you can check out terraces of the below projects in Nusajaya;
1) Nusa Idaman
2) Nusa Duta
3) Nusa Sentral
All the above were recommended by Wuqi, I'm not familiar with all 3 as I've not visited them.

Puteri harbour is the most expensive in Johor. Imperia condo's price is between RM550 - RM800 per sq ft. A small unit of 1,000 sq ft for example will cost RM800,000. Future landed expected to be bungalows only, price expected to be from RM6 million.

May I know which forum did you post your question in initially? Just curious :smile:

tansi

Alfrescian
Loyal
the easiest way to get MACS
at the corner of Jusco facing lavender is a MACS counter. It is there till nov 15. got my passport scanned, paid rm30 and my macs was renewed in 5 min. no need form or photo. was informed same for new applicant. didnt ask but i presumed 2 year passport validity period criteria remains.
Hi Crystal, nice to hear that you have the MACS already. Well done! :smile:

toyohon

Alfrescian
Loyal

the cascading water looks really soothing to the soul, I doubt the real thing is anywhere close to advertisement.
Anyone has seen the show house and has some REAL picture to show ?

You might have to get to their Show Gallery at Setia Indah. This Cascadia project was apparently soft launched last weekend.

east539

Alfrescian
Loyal
at the corner of Jusco facing lavender is a MACS counter. It is there till nov 15. got my passport scanned, paid rm30 and my macs was renewed in 5 min. no need form or photo. was informed same for new applicant. didnt ask but i presumed 2 year passport validity period criteria remains.

no more 2 years for passport validity, 13 months is enough for renew or new applicant.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal

hopefully , next yr when i renew in Jan , they still have such road shows around , its so troublesome to do it at custom ... got to park my car at city sqaure and walked againist direction to renew it ....

Serenity

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's something new I learned today. Thanks for sharing Serenity.
Oh by the way, were you replying to me when you said not to compare?

No. not replying to you.

Bank loan officer normally do not know whether the allocated funds had been depleted, it is only after submitting the case to HQ for approval, then they would know. Hope everyone know that banks HQ are in KL, so it will take time. the officer generally do not have control over the approval and the quantum amount.

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
1) with all the lights off, the feel is heavenly... you can see the stars and the moon as if chatting to you gently and asking you to have a good night sleep..
2) driving at night is also a very nice experience.. you can see bats and occassionally animals that you won't see in Singapore.. It broaden one's soul.. and make you realise the world is not just about money and concrete..
3) don't do anything sinful, do more good deeds and ghosts will not disturb you.. ( you can keep some garlics in your pockets or hang by your neck)
4) dont worry about moonsoon.. JB is not like Bangkok.. of course you can consider Horizon hills.. There is no flood in horizon hill..

Hello Sir,

pardon the slight change in subject, but may i know your comments on the following,..

1. in these new estates, the nights are so much darker, quieter,..have you ever stayed over-night in your house, alone, with all lights off..how was the feeling ?

I spent a night at Taman Nusa Perintis,..and was amused by the alternate periods of quietness, and the occasional group of noisy, neighbourhood kids-on-motorbikes,....felt "adventourous".

2. Does anyone have a topographic map of this area ? what are the risks of tropical monson flooding in Johor ? where are the low-lying areas ?

Thanks

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
To add on to bro abugumgum's earlier message about MACS.

Bros, its a great time to do this. Its right outside Jusco near the Lavender cake shop, its very near to the supermarket portion of Jusco.
Just went to recce and brought the family to do it yesterday.

You just need to bring your passport and RM 30, they are open only up to 7pm unfortunately.
You need to be there personally though and they will scan both of your index (pointing) fingers.
You don't need photographs, S&P or even photocopies of VISA or fill up any form. They will scan
the photograph on your passport and use it for your MACS application.
They will do it for you. Just sit there, fill in your name and particulars and relax. Wait 10 minutes and you
are done :smile:

Reposting this to the benefit of all

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hopefully , next yr when i renew in Jan , they still have such road shows around , its so troublesome to do it at custom ... got to park my car at city sqaure and walked againist direction to renew it ....

Much easier to apply/renew Macs at 2nd link. Right after passport booth, just park along the road side and walk 2 mins to the Macs office which opens 24 hrs.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hello Sir,

It was great!!! Finally alone and in peace. I am the slightly more adventurous type so many places including my own shop here.

I actually drive out alone mostly at night. I am a night person. I would go around my estate as a "free" security guard as well to lonely and still developing areas.
I normally drive with most of my internal lights off and only the normal headlights and sometimes only the day running lights

I definitely do as i have encountered them, mostly in Singapore unfortunately but for most of my life, they tend to leave me alone.
If you are always thinking of negative things, you will only attract negative things in your life. There are too many potholes that we keep
looking at, forgetting that there are mountains and hills too.

Not been to that area, not fair to comment.

You can do a google earth easily. Been in Johore 3 years now, never been flooded yet but that could be because i live at Horizon Hills but never
seen anything above ankle deep in Bukit Indah
Thanks

My replies to you in bold. :smile:

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

For your budget, you can check out terraces of the below projects in Nusajaya;
1) Nusa Idaman
2) Nusa Duta
3) Nusa Sentral
All the above were recommended by Wuqi, I'm not familiar with all 3 as I've not visited them.

Puteri harbour is the most expensive in Johor. Imperia condo's price is between RM550 - RM800 per sq ft. A small unit of 1,000 sq ft for example will cost RM800,000. Future landed expected to be bungalows only, price expected to be from RM6 million.

May I know which forum did you post your question in initially? Just curious :smile:

For the budget, i would go for Nusa Duta for subsale and Nusa Sentral or Nusa Idaman for new sales actually in that order.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
No. not replying to you.

Bank loan officer normally do not know whether the allocated funds had been depleted, it is only after submitting the case to HQ for approval, then they would know. Hope everyone know that banks HQ are in KL, so it will take time. the officer generally do not have control over the approval and the quantum amount.

Thanks for clarifying on this Serene.

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
My replies to you in bold. :smile:

Hi WuYi,

ha you are also a night person... ha ha..
During one of the reservist trip outside Singapore, I was dropped into an jungle from a helicopter.. Pitch dark.. I remembered when I walked, I could see hundreds of bright shinny eyes looking at me and they follow me.. I need to cover 20Km that night with my small recce teams before daylight.. What a nice experience...

Some time I joined the johor 4x4 team to Rompbin jungle.... We pitch tent by the river and swim by the waterfall.. Malaysia.. Truely Asia..!!! Satu Malaysia!

Status
Not open for further replies.