• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The investment thread (Finally)

butadesu

Alfrescian
Loyal
US's QE3, EU's LTRO, China reduce interest. Which one is coming??

lai lai lai, time to place your bet. :biggrin:

Last edited:

eagle

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi all,

Seems like nowadays gold investment with VGMC are very hot both in Singapore and Malaysia.
Promised with return of 10% every month.

They are now under BNM watch lists.
Member of public should stay away from it.

Bank Negara Malaysia (BNM) would like to alert the members of the public a list of companies and websites which are neither authorised nor approved under the relevant laws and regulations administered by BNM.

http://www.bnm.gov.my/documents/2012/Financial_Consumer_Alert_listEN.pdf

butadesu

Alfrescian
Loyal
I did this some time ago and I would like to share this with people who may be interested.

http://www.iproperty.com.my/property/searchresult.aspx?t=R&gpt=E&st=JO&ct=&k=&pt=&mp=4,000&xp=999,999,999&mbr=0&xbr=9&mbt=0&xbt=9&mbu=1,000&xbu=2000&lo=&wp=&wv=&wa=&ht=&au=&sby=&ns=1

Using the following criteria, I did a search using iproperty to search for rental asking price.
1. Rental >RM4000
2. Condo
3. Size 1000 ~ 2000 sf
4. Johor

The results are dominated by 3 condo projects
1. Molek Pine
2. Straits View
3. Petrie

Last edited:

butadesu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Capture.JPG

Extract of report from "Asia Economics Flash", titled "Who could benefit the most from further Chinese stimulus?" by Goldman Sachs dtd 27Aug

Basically it says if Chinese try to stimulate its economy, Malaysia will benefit more than others.

lanlibra

Alfrescian
Loyal
For those of you who has spare cash, you might want to consider buying Gold Bars as a long term investment. You dont need a lot of cash to collect 1 Oz of Gold bar at USD 1670. Imagine, if you only collect 1 Oz every year and put it away as savings......

Cheers
N

talking about gold bars,VGMC is the best til now

lanlibra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi all,

Seems like nowadays gold investment with VGMC are very hot both in Singapore and Malaysia.
Promised with return of 10% every month.

They are now under BNM watch lists.
Member of public should stay away from it.

Bank Negara Malaysia (BNM) would like to alert the members of the public a list of companies and websites which are neither authorised nor approved under the relevant laws and regulations administered by BNM.

http://www.bnm.gov.my/documents/2012/Financial_Consumer_Alert_listEN.pdf

Its proven bro,myself had already seen results from the investment.the transactions normally in cash such as buying the lots and selling.

eagle

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its proven bro,myself had already seen results from the investment.the transactions normally in cash such as buying the lots and selling.

Yes bro i know its proven, you can even earn a million from it if you dare, but its like playing musical chair, just that this time is chinese opera, they sing longer than the others.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Dear bros, i will not touch gold for now, only gold i will ever buy is from UOB directly.
No ETFs and no funny gold business for me.

Someone i knew at the very top of the food chain warned me against this years ago
before he passed on, now its resurfacing again.

Taryn

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Wuqi, agree with the gold from UOB but why not ETFs? I though they are a safe vehicle and one of the safest ways to invest in silver is through ETFs. Perhaps you can enlighten us.

Dear bros, i will not touch gold for now, only gold i will ever buy is from UOB directly.

Someone i knew at the very top of the food chain warned me against this years ago

lanlibra

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi Wuqi,how to go about buying gold from UOB?

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi Wuqi,how to go about buying gold from UOB?

Hi lanlibra, glad to assist. Please see below:
http://www.uob.com.sg/personal/investments/treasury/precious_metals.html

I will buy more gold coins, especially Canadian Maple then gold bars as they are easier to store, etc.
They do paper gold as well but i won't really touch them.

I am just an IT guy and not into investments or property, i know very little about things outside of IT world.
So always do your due dilligence first when doing any type of investments.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi Wuqi, agree with the gold from UOB but why not ETFs? I though they are a safe vehicle and one of the safest ways to invest in silver is through ETFs. Perhaps you can enlighten us.

Sure.
http://etf.about.com/od/commodityetfs/a/Gold_ETF.htm

Whether its physical gold or ETF, there will always be dangers in any investment even property:
http://www.shtfplan.com/precious-metals/the-great-etf-gold-scam_03312010

Investing in these types of gold assets is fine if you understand that you are buying “paper gold,” and that you are subject to counter party risk in the event that someone can’t deliver the gold and your ETF paper holding could essentially become worthless in a market sell-off.

Of course, your adviser may argue that these assets are regulated and there is nothing to worry about. If this is the case, it’s likely that the same adviser was saying the same thing about mortgage backed securities in 2007. So be sure to cross-check anything your adviser tells you.

lanlibra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi lanlibra, glad to assist. Please see below:
http://www.uob.com.sg/personal/investments/treasury/precious_metals.html

I will buy more gold coins, especially Canadian Maple then gold bars as they are easier to store, etc.
They do paper gold as well but i won't really touch them.

I am just an IT guy and not into investments or property, i know very little about things outside of IT world.
So always do your due dilligence first when doing any type of investments.

tks for sharing WUQI.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Great news to share.

UBS had a seminar yesterday for some movers and shakers (i am not invited of course but a good bro shared with me).
They were excitedly telling them about Iskandar as the next big thing and factories are the new focus currently.

They named a few choice sites in Iskandar and also pointed to the entry of REITS into the market.

Another good bro just shared with me, our early foray into some industrial area is looking to do very well as factories
are popping up all over with a new hive and level of activity in that area.

Many people are now only starting to realise good growth in certain often neglected areas.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
View attachment 6366

Extract of report from "Asia Economics Flash", titled "Who could benefit the most from further Chinese stimulus?" by Goldman Sachs dtd 27Aug

Basically it says if Chinese try to stimulate its economy, Malaysia will benefit more than others.

QE3 is finally out in the form of 40b bond buying per month . Any effect on asia properties in SG and MY , like the previous QEs ? Oil up , stocks rallies , inflation up and next thing ,properties up big time again ?

Last edited: