• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Country garden @ Danga Bay is Launching Soon

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was there over the weekend, i asked a table if seats were taken and after overhearing that the seats were not taken, some tiong aunties from the next table and snatch them away when I was obviously looking for 2 chairs. If these are the kind of inconsiderate selfish tiongs without basic courtesy and manners neighbour that you have to share your facilities with next time, good luck.

In the long run, I think PRC looks very promising

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bASM7bc4AxA&feature=related

What you encountered are almost daily affairs for drivers in a badly jammed causeway.

D

Deleted member 80916

sorry for being blur,..but it seems Country gardens does not have a summary of specifications,..and different information comes from dffeent agents (including different discounts,..)

Questions,..

1. How many Blocks , total ?

2. How many stories high ? issit flat units built above how many story high car parks ?

3. Floor-to-height Ceilings ?

..I heard somewhere that the base-take up for COuntry Gardens is ike, " in china, One buys a project, & the CG developer sells this Johor flat at much, much higher discount, or "free",..as costs have aready been buit-in from the earlier sale" <-dunno whether true or not

whtdaya all think ?

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
sorry for being blur,..but it seems Country gardens does not have a summary of specifications,..and different information comes from dffeent agents (including different discounts,..)

Questions,..

2. How many stories high ? issit flat units built above how many story high car parks ?

..I heard somewhere that the base-take up for COuntry Gardens is ike, " in china, One buys a project, & the CG developer sells this Johor flat at much, much higher discount, or "free",..as costs have aready been buit-in from the earlier sale" <-dunno whether true or not

whtdaya all think ?

Most agents are blur :*:

kawan2sgmy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Govt will build 11,000 units at Bidadari in time to come. How does this compare to CG in terms of ground area? Guess it will be a very huge town. Assuming 11,000 units x 2 cars per household = 22,000 car parks. Need to build multi-storey car parks? Or they have ample space for parking? Never seen such a big single project in Sg yet. How about Mgmt committee...

westman

Alfrescian
Loyal
A friend of mine booked an unit but he seem disappointed with the HSR passing by Nasajaya instead of going straight to JB..

Question for HSR: Will it end at Tuas second link or Causeway? Seem like it is going tuas direction. ...

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
A friend of mine booked an unit but he seem disappointed with the HSR passing by Nasajaya instead of going straight to JB..

Question for HSR: Will it end at Tuas second link or Causeway? Seem like it is going tuas direction. ...

Answer: It does not matter whether it is Nusajaya or JB, but it looked likely to be Nusajaya. HSR would most probably be deferred until Malaysia got money to build it. All Malaysian high cost projects under review as reported int he newspapers.

cybermad

Alfrescian
Loyal

Dont worry, there is still the RTS from Woodlands to JB City centre.

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
You have asked very important and wise questions. But like you, I have never received convincing answers to such similar questions from the agents. In fact, I don't even know if they are trained properly. Some look so young like they were on school break or just graduated from school.

Very few potential buyers seem concerned about what they will be getting from their purchase.

The only 1 big thing I always hear is "Can I see the sea?" It seems that is the only thing that matters!!! And of course, we have the agents patrolling around like vultures waiting to come down on the unsuspecting buyer and ask if they want to buy choice units at premium commissions.

Everyone seem so impressed with the show flats as if they were already living inside it! Suffice to say, what you see there, you may not get it. :smile:

It's a pity. The environment is nice but it's such a massive project from China, and given the way the sales were conducted, there' s this uneasy feeling if the final outcome is desirable.

You last point is interesting. I've heard it, but I can't verify it. We don't even know what the actual prices of the various units are given the first sales were given priority in China, and subsequently, they are sold in black market style.

Questions,..

whtdaya all think ?

homeinjb

Alfrescian
Loyal
As long as u r not over invested u r fine. One or units r okay. JB property prices r still low. SG property market will be increasingly unattractive to buy. People from SG will naturally buy in Johor, for weekend home, as retirement home or for investment. As long as u can hold u will be okay. Just rem 6.9 mil in SG.

thanks for ur suggestion bro!
agreed that SG property market will be beyond reach of comman people in coming years but that doesn't gurantee that CG will be beneficial in next 3-4 years. there are still lot of empty land between MY custom and CG.
in future new project in those areas could boast of proximity to MY custom and at the same time might not be that overcrowded as CG... this is just my personal openion

homeinjb

Alfrescian
Loyal
I see... I don't think can get rental easily in JB. CG Danga Bay is too expensive for rent.... good maybe if you buy to stay for yourself or for family.

Actually, I'm not sure in general, if can depend new condos for rental. Not in the next 5-10 years maybe. Condos in JB are too expensive already.

People are rushing in to buy because they are considering how much the older condos have increased in price compared to the present ones. The old condos can rent out. But I think it's important we be careful cos the assumption that condos bought today will also increase the same amount next time may not be true. That's pure speculating. We don't know what new laws the Malaysian government may come up with to control the increasing prices. There may also be oversupply of condos in future and prices will stabilize rather than increase.

What bad reviews you heard about CG, if you don't mind sharing?

reviews I heard is nothing new, its all over in this thread
primarily its as below

1) PRC population (initial estimate was 70% then around 50%, etc)
2) reclaimed land which is around 5 years while it should be around 10 years
3) high price for over crowded project
4) personally feel so called "beach" is non existence
5) sea water is too filthy

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Govt will build 11,000 units at Bidadari in time to come. How does this compare to CG in terms of ground area? Guess it will be a very huge town. Assuming 11,000 units x 2 cars per household = 22,000 car parks. Need to build multi-storey car parks? Or they have ample space for parking? Never seen such a big single project in Sg yet. How about Mgmt committee...

mgmt committee??? you mean town council isit?

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal

uhhh.. what is so great about HSR anyway? seriously.. let's look at it with a bit more thought
1. HSR is for intercity travel from sg to KL. you can't take it to the market or for a movie
2. think of the technology, the rail infrastructure.. it'll be huge. You want the rail to cut through in front of your house if you're unlucky?
3. what is the price of the ticket? it won't be cheap. 300RM one way to KL? might as well drive
4. it won't be frequent, too. check in, wait etc. by that time, you drive also reach already
5. further from point 4, it'd take you forever if you want to get from nusajaya to singapore. it won't be a 15 min every train kind of frequency. so might as up take a bus, or drive

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal

are you talking about HSR or the MRT? the MRT is more important to JB. the HSR, not so.

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
reviews I heard is nothing new, its all over in this thread
primarily its as below

1) PRC population (initial estimate was 70% then around 50%, etc)
2) reclaimed land which is around 5 years while it should be around 10 years
3) high price for over crowded project
4) personally feel so called "beach" is non existence
5) sea water is too filthy

Yah ok... I went down there to look around and I was surprised the beach looked clean and the water not as dirty as some described. But the artificial beach is of course nothing near as big as a real one. If there are many people standing there, it could get crowded very quickly.

westman

Alfrescian
Loyal
uhhh.. what is so great about HSR anyway? seriously.. let's look at it with a bit more thought
1. HSR is for intercity travel from sg to KL. you can't take it to the market or for a movie
2. think of the technology, the rail infrastructure.. it'll be huge. You want the rail to cut through in front of your house if you're unlucky?
3. what is the price of the ticket? it won't be cheap. 300RM one way to KL? might as well drive
4. it won't be frequent, too. check in, wait etc. by that time, you drive also reach already
5. further from point 4, it'd take you forever if you want to get from nusajaya to singapore. it won't be a 15 min every train kind of frequency. so might as up take a bus, or drive

It does not botther me at all as it is He... Not Me..
Relax... am.not singing down on your project... chill..

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
It does not botther me at all as it is He... Not Me..
Relax... am.not singing down on your project... chill..

my comment are all saying in general, not talking down any project or area. all i'm saying is HSR is not that important consideration, unless for those working or commuting to KL regularly

1nottiboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually HSR is important. Trains can be a huge game changer for the local economy. You must be there to experience it. I have seen how it changes cities and towns in China and Japan.

The down side for HSR between KL and SG are the set-up costs and, IMO, the lack of critical mass. Shenzhen and Guangzhou have abt 30 million ppl between the 2 cities. not to mention the few towns along the way. Taiwan also has 30+ million ppl. Between KL and SG, we are looking at abt 10 million... might be a little on the low side for it to run profitably.

anyway, I am not an expert on trains. just sharing what I have seen from my travels. and this is the CG thread, so maybe someone can start posting photos of the bikini gals again??? pls!!!

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually HSR is important. Trains can be a huge game changer for the local economy. You must be there to experience it. I have seen how it changes cities and towns in China and Japan.

The down side for HSR between KL and SG are the set-up costs and, IMO, the lack of critical mass. Shenzhen and Guangzhou have abt 30 million ppl between the 2 cities. not to mention the few towns along the way. Taiwan also has 30+ million ppl. Between KL and SG, we are looking at abt 10 million... might be a little on the low side for it to run profitably.

anyway, I am not an expert on trains. just sharing what I have seen from my travels. and this is the CG thread, so maybe someone can start posting photos of the bikini gals again??? pls!!!

Speed=Distance/Time. S=$ :biggrin: my maths tok kong bo?