• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Bro, according to the floor plan, my house in HH has the master bathroom above the main front door. OMG, will this affect the future property price or is it more difficult to sell this house? I should have thought about this more carefully before I bought.

Do you think we can require HH to change the location of the main front door on the side below the master bedroom instead (the master bedroom is next to the bedroom)?

Not really, actually a lot of houses in even other developments are somehow built that way. Not possible unless you do some A&A as in internal renovation to change this. Internal is always easier to change than external factors. Of course, we can do everything possible to change the surroundings to serve us.

Just remember though, even the best feng shui guys could not do anything for the succeeding dynasties from Qin to Qing when its their time to fall.
Everything has a time and place, feng shui is a good guide to alleviate and to maximise but thats all it should be, as a guide.

They must have had the best guys but then nothing can save the empire when the mandate of heaven is gone.

yonglip

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes. Gotong Royong...in Malay. All work as a team regardless of race or religion for the benefits of the precinct or "kampong".

I can still remember vividly wat had taken place during the 1964 racial riots. I was juz a kid then. I lived in a malay kampong (Jalan Durian off Jln Eunos)...with a mixture of Chinese and handful of Indians. Head of the families ie. fathers, took turn to guard the kampong. Any transpasser whether Chinese, malay or Indians will be questioned by the "guard" on duty. We never let our guard down. After the dust had settled, though we no longer have "guard post", we still remain as good neighbours, helping each other in time of needs..and this carry on till the govt came into the picture and we were scattered and resettled other parts of Sillypore. Nowadays in pigeon hole..reached home..neighbours door closed. The only time we meet is when we go to work in the morning..or met them in lift..with a simple "Hi" and an artificial smile. Yes...even my own race also behave like tat too..:rolleyes:

haha bro. for HDB, we still have the ocassional block parties la..but i think many residents turn up more for the lucky draw then anything else. Last year my block had a rice dumpling festival gathering. In order to cater to other races, they made the rice dumpling halal by using chicken. In the end, the taste was terrible and I told myself that would be the last rice dumpling gathering i would ever go. No offence to other races but tho its good to understand the culture of other races but i think sometimes the RC organisers tend to overdo it.

cheers.

yonglip

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not really, actually a lot of houses in even other developments are somehow built that way. Not possible unless you do some A&A as in internal renovation to change this. Internal is always easier to change than external factors. Of course, we can do everything possible to change the surroundings to serve us.

Just remember though, even the best feng shui guys could not do anything for the succeeding dynasties from Qin to Qing when its their time to fall.
Everything has a time and place, feng shui is a good guide to alleviate and to maximise but thats all it should be, as a guide.

They must have had the best guys but then nothing can save the empire when the mandate of heaven is gone.

agree bro. when one visits the Gu Gong in Beijing, one will be introduced to the Qi Lins, Lions and even pi xius that still guard the palace/museum today. If these things really work, the Ming and Qing dynasty will still be there. When the heart of the rulers turned evil,...not even top notch feng shui can prevent the empire's downfall. really boils down to one's heart.

cheers.

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Using solar film is good in a sense it deters people from peeking in easily. Helps a little.
I would recommend taking up archery as well as its legal to own a compound bow here.

Good suggestion. One should take one's capability to defend one's family security and safety very seriously especially when the threats are very real. Another simple weapon (my favorite when young) to have is some powerful catapults.

marineblue911

Alfrescian
Loyal
My parents in law place was also a victim of attempted breakin. Luckily there was an old alarm system that went off at 5am. That scared the thief off. When they woke up and investigated, the padlock was cut off, the aluminium sliding door was pried open hence setting off the alarm. There was a light above the main door that was on all night. Obviously the thief was quite daring in that he was cutting and prying in open view with the light on.

Now, they have installed extra motion sensor spot lights in front and put an extra lock on the metal gate.

Really, its just making it as 'inconvenient' as possible with alarm, spot lights, locks, etc so that they just target something easier. Hopefully it will deter would be robbers.

yonglip

Alfrescian
Loyal
On a different note,...test drove the perodua viva 1.0 recently at Nusa Bestari for fun. EZ Model with auto gear and power steering. Must say its a spunky little car,..responsive when the accelerator is stepped on but engine is definitely grunting a lot. wife loved it for its size tho. Price is around RM41K or SGD17K,..and delivery within 1 week with 80% loan for foreigners. Overall find the quality of the body not as good as the Proton saga FLX 1.3. Both are actually around the same price. Still prefer the saga over viva.

Cheers.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
haha bro. for HDB, we still have the ocassional block parties la..but i think many residents turn up more for the lucky draw then anything else. Last year my block had a rice dumpling festival gathering. In order to cater to other races, they made the rice dumpling halal by using chicken. In the end, the taste was terrible and I told myself that would be the last rice dumpling gathering i would ever go. No offence to other races but tho its good to understand the culture of other races but i think sometimes the RC organisers tend to overdo it.

cheers.

They should approach the right person to make the dumpling. I had tasted them leow. Done by a Chinese Muslim. Even the Moon cake taste nice. Nothing is impossible. Juz go the extra mile.

Actually I was talking abt cooperation, working as a "team" afterall the precinct belong to you guys. Safety is utmost important. Take turn to do nite sentry lah. Prepare a roaster. During my kampong days, the village head had a big "gong". Chinese resident donated it to us. When teres intruder (during the racial riots), wahlou, the sound unbearable but necessary to scare the intruders. Furthermore having such measures, our friendship grew even deeper. Trust is there. Very important. Cos the whole precinct is our neighbours.:smile:

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
For people living in condo or HDB, in one way or another, one might find a toilet above his door, living room, kitchen or bed room.. How to avoid such bad feng shui?

thanks bro wuqi, doa & sis crystal for your concern, and the help you have given so far.
unfortunately, it didn't quite work out.. the unit we wanted has a master toilet right above the main door.
we couldn't bring ourselves to compromise this.. cos imo, this will come and haunt us in the future.

so... the hunt is still on :wink:

yes.. i was sort of mia for some time.. tied up with work cos a few of my colleagues has gone on vacation during this lull period.
i'll still be lurking around here for info :cool:

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's exactly what I did too ... I wanted to view about 5 ... but after viewing the 2nd one, i had no mood to deal with him anymore so I pat my butt, thanked him and left ... He did not even follow up with any calls whatsoever ... sign of arrogance?

Whatever we say, these guys still earn enough to drive big new cars, wear oakley sunglasses etc ... so i guess if one is desperate enough, he/she will comply to what they demand for ...

Happened to us when looking for resale too. Not Kelvin but from same agency. Once we expressed interest and want to start nego price, he make a call (said to be owner). Came back to us and say another agent has expressed told owner can sell higher and has upped the price by 50k. He behaved as if frustrated.

We just shrugged our shoulders, thank him for showing the place and left.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's exactly what I did too ... I wanted to view about 5 ... but after viewing the 2nd one, i had no mood to deal with him anymore so I pat my butt, thanked him and left ... He did not even follow up with any calls whatsoever ... sign of arrogance?

Whatever we say, these guys still earn enough to drive big new cars, wear oakley sunglasses etc ... so i guess if one is desperate enough, he/she will still comply to what they demand for ...

Happened to us when looking for resale too. Not Kelvin but from same agency. Once we expressed interest and want to start nego price, he make a call (said to be owner). Came back to us and say another agent has expressed told owner can sell higher and has upped the price by 50k. He behaved as if frustrated.

We just shrugged our shoulders, thank him for showing the place and left.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Have you all seen those 3 in 1 stainless steel metal door that comes with grille and frames? The lock system within their products was very impressive, there were more than six lock points. In addition, there is anti-theft function. During your reno period, you can pass a set of keys to the contractors. After they have left, you can use another master key to "wash" and reconfigure the internal lock system, and u use another set of keys that the package comes with. So there would be no worries that your contractor duplicating your keys.

www.newedge.com.my

And have you come across this product that is wire-mesh that serves to replace the ugly grille? Apparently, it's much tougher and harder to be broken into than the grilles. It can keep the mozzie and insects out too.

http://www.majestec.com/product/pro_cat.php?cid=2&cid_pr=2&cname=Security Doors

I had a chance to look at these 2 products recently at the home fair and I thought both product concepts were brilliant .... well, im saying good probably because I haven't seen enough on the variety of the products out there in the market, but nonetheless, I was still very impressed.

have you seen these products? What do you all think? pros and cons? these products dont come cheap for sure...

My parents in law place was also a victim of attempted breakin. Luckily there was an old alarm system that went off at 5am. That scared the thief off. When they woke up and investigated, the padlock was cut off, the aluminium sliding door was pried open hence setting off the alarm. There was a light above the main door that was on all night. Obviously the thief was quite daring in that he was cutting and prying in open view with the light on.

Now, they have installed extra motion sensor spot lights in front and put an extra lock on the metal gate.

Really, its just making it as 'inconvenient' as possible with alarm, spot lights, locks, etc so that they just target something easier. Hopefully it will deter would be robbers.

Last edited:

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
so bro gunner, r u saying that the new water goes against the principle of karma ... like u give out "old rotten" stuffs (really bad and stinky) and yet in return u get back something "new, good, fresh and tasty"? lol

I think Singapore fengshui has degraded. With toilets on most of our heads, we also have to drink our own "new" water..

Worse... Dead bodies in water tanks, dead bodies in bedok reservoir... For better fengshui, we got to live in JB.

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Good suggestion. One should take one's capability to defend one's family security and safety very seriously especially when the threats are very real. Another simple weapon (my favorite when young) to have is some powerful catapults.

Yes, archery can be picked up easily and some bows can be setup with lockadraw devices to be on standby for ready use or compound bows that can basically be drawn and held for extended periods of time if required but thats for extreme cases. Bestmart and some hardware shops has nice arsenal of various sizes of axes, heavy hammers as well as bladed weapons. Some places sells chainsaws too.....

Lots of good places to start looking.

Catapults are good but to me not as deterring to a would be attacker as a fully drawn bow with a keen and nasty broadhead ready and waiting..
For 7.50 RM, one can get one pretty nice looking catapult at this fishing shop in the same row as the exotic pets shop near HH.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Have you all seen those 3 in 1 stainless steel metal door that comes with grille and frames? The lock system within their products was very impressive, there were more than six lock points. In addition, there is anti-theft function. During your reno period, you can pass a set of keys to the contractors. After they have left, you can use another master key to "wash" and reconfigure the internal lock system, and u use another set of keys that the package comes with. So there would be no worries that your contractor duplicating your keys.

www.newedge.com.my

And have you come across this product that is wire-mesh that serves to replace the ugly grille? Apparently, it's much tougher and harder to be broken into than the grilles. It can keep the mozzie and insects out too.

http://www.majestec.com/product/pro_cat.php?cid=2&cid_pr=2&cname=Security Doors

I had a chance to look at these 2 products recently at the home fair and I thought both product concepts were brilliant .... well, im saying good probably because I haven't seen enough on the variety of the products out there in the market, but nonetheless, I was still very impressed.

have you seen these products? What do you all think? pros and cons? these products dont come cheap for sure...

Not seen the lock device. I would get those cheap Daiso magnetic alarms (5 RM each) and stick to areas of my house if i don't want an expensive system and yet stay reasonably effective for a long period of time. You can use it to stick to the roof access part as well, put at least 2, one on each corner so even if a smart/quick/alert thief opens up, it will disturb at least one enough to ring. Also, buy those 8.50 to 14 RM types of locks that you can wrap around the sliding part (for those with grilles that slides opens) and locks with a padlock.

I have actually seen a majestec one which basically allows fresh air to come in using Japanese technology while keeping insects out. Not bad as it resists cutting and smashing reasonably well. Only concern is if you need aircon on some really hot days, or if you have solar film already, unless you do this on the inside, as in install the screen inside then may make more sense.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

Whatever we say, these guys still earn enough to drive big new cars, wear oakley sunglasses etc ... so i guess if one is desperate enough, he/she will still comply to what they demand for ...

Quite a few are like that, somehow humility is seen as being low value to people and arrogance is highly appreciated these days. I would just turn and walk away in this case though.

Status
Not open for further replies.