• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluereeff

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi friends, need some advise. May i know the prce range for a terrace or semi D at east ledang? Is it near amenities like super market etc? Tks.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thanks, have already got my about 2 days ago.
Do you know how we can collect the annual pass and does the ticket include entry for the grand opening show?

No problem. I bought via Sistic and chose to receive tickets via registered mail for Sgd3.
Another way is self collection.
Dunno about grand opening show.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hi friends, need some advise. May i know the prce range for a terrace or semi D at east ledang? Is it near amenities like super market etc? Tks.

There is no more terrace or semi-d from developer UEM, all sold out. So you'll have to get it thru resale but not many owners are letting go. Those who are selling are advertising at around;
1) RM800k to RM1.3mil for terraces.
2) RM1.6mil to RM1.7mil for semi-d.
You can do an online search.

Supermarket 'Mydin' is just outside East Ledang at Anjung Mall(around 5 mins walking distance).

Last edited:

contra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mainly away from city living. There are not many amenities there and the surrounding is relaxing. Lastly the price of cluster house is more affordable compare to others in the range of RM 500k with bigger area.

still need more views from all brothers and sisters. Thank you very much.

Hi bro, I was at Pulai Springs resort for Easter Good Friday. I saw many orange roofs beyond the golf course. I think is around there right, this taman Pulai Indah? The demographics very different from Bukit Indah area.
I got lost going to JPO the long way but ended up learning a lot about the area north. Jalan Skudai=Jalan Senai went thru the small townships plus yesterday, after seeing the facebook map from Cathy about the proposed MRT line, I understand the bigger potential of the area; especially around Genting's Indahpura which is next to your Pulai Indah. I agree there seems to be much activity there, a certain kind of vibe. I cant comment on PI because I did not go see it but must say the website was interesting. Did you check out the development and developer? All the best.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

Nothing below 800k for terraces and most i saw when i was there was above 1m. 1.6 for Semi-D is the norm there.
There is now, 24 hour prata place and Mydin mart to cover most household stuff. There is also a police station as
well as an open air food centre there. :smile:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
waaahhh bro, salivating just reading yr post here, retirement and sit back and do nothin or work fr home! how I wish.., kids are still young...:-((

Can be done, some of the early adoptors who followed me or joined me back then may be able to speed up their retirement plans.
Some who came in before me may even be retiring already.

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Bro your words of advice is very much appreciated..in fact a few days back i had an interview wif a view for higher appointmt by a panel of 4 big shots of d organizatn. Did not think i did well :(...n morale still quite low...to think tomorow wil be my bday. Hope for d best but more prepared for d worst.

I am sure you will be able to get it Narmi, don't give up and just keep hoping and be positive. Imagine yourself in that job already. :smile:
Happy birthday!!!! :smile:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Bro,

I am more interested on the impact to the future property market...

Will the developers then try to mark-up, price up or develop only those worthy of RM800k just so that foreigners can buy them...ie only high end condos, Semi-D and bungalows? Or maybe even create many more exclusive tamans...or offerings to justify their pricing.

We all knew what happenned when the My gov increased the ceiling from RM250k to RM500k back then....hmmmm....

Not a lot will be affected here as most are around the 800k mark anyway. There is only so much higher that they can raise before it starts hurting the developers, etc. Hence hopefully they just keep it this way so that prices are stable.

Back then though, yes they made units better, more quality and goodies but raised the price to match the ceiling, its just one of their ways to market or soften the impact. Then when prices shot up, they did away with the freebies

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Even without the increase to RM800k, Leisure Farm is already selling Semi-Ds of Bayou Creek at prices from RM1.721 mil to RM2.573 mil :eek: (as stated in their marketing booklet)

Yes exactly, no real impact to developments like these.

Heard from a good bro, today someone offered to pay a neighbour's (double storey) cluster for 1.2m but to be fair, its a corner lot and very well done up.
My neighbour refused as just like me, he likes his place very much. His kids cried and he just couldn't do it.

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
I have a feelin if this 800k is true, the impact will be on those houses that are priced from maybe 400-800 range. Developers will be hard pressed to develop houses priced at this range cos foreigners won't be able to buy and I think local demand is not that strong to really absorb the numbers!
On the other extreme, developers may only build >800k houses and push up the prices of all those in the 500-800 bracket! Next time, just a normal intermediate will be selling For 800 minimum!
Just my 2 cents...anything can happen..

Actually in a lot of development, the ratio is still 80/20. 20 only for foreigners. Of course, this can be tweaked but the volume is still relatively small as compared to their internal consumption. Likely though, they will use that as the next bar and raise it accordingly. It is a double edged sword in a way but lets see how it turns out.

Some other NEIGHBOURING countries are also coming out here so it remains to be seen how the market responds.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
I finally spent my first night in HH after screwing here and drilling there...

This morning when I woke up, I saw the flock of cranes flying in V pattern across the golf course... Like that I might need to speed up my retirement plan.. Joking and also serious.. How to fully utilize such a wonderful place, live here rather than simgapore without worrying about bread and better issue..

I didn't ask my contractor to work on piping to increase the flow on 2nd level and since now renovation is completed, any bro here know any min impact solution to increase the water flow? I certainly don't want the hassle to go through another renovation.. Or any specific piping contractor who know the trick to recommend?

Well done, i am glad you like it here. It is breathtaking for me and still feels surreal somewhat.
Yes, put in a pump on your 2nd floor water tank. No real renovation required but will be a bit
noisy if you use the cheaper ones especially at night. A good bro of mine spent thousands to
put in for his tenants but they didn't like it as it was still noisy. (Good motor, bad insulation
work done)

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Yup bro. You are the daisy that attracted all the bees and butterflies here. We remain indebted to you :smile:

Hope all are genuine newbies. I suspect some are clones tho ...

I am just a thread starter who thought he found a pot of gold and recognising he only has 2 hands and cannot take everything with him. Since one
can never earn all the money in the world, why not share especially with close family and friends? I did my duty and shared with family first but none
responded. Then i moved on to my closest friends, never gave up on them, still asking them to come out to have a look at this. Some thought i am
a property agent even. Then of course, when i started sharing here, fingers started pointing, saying i benefit, its my trade etc.

Then well meaning people posted stuff as well as maybe not so well meaning people who when they failed to use crime as a deterrence, even tried to use the threat of mosquitoes to scare people from venturing outside SG.

I have until now not sold a single unit, those who know me in real life will know whether i am speaking the truth. I am certainly not a saint but i keep to my promises. Including the unit bought by my relative today, i have now 31 (actually going to be more than 31 shortly ) relatives and close friends who are vested here. Not one owes me anything, i admire all those who had courage to come, even those who came out here and subsequently decided its not for them. Good for you, at least you came, you saw, you decided. You already did your best, if its not for you, at least you tried and came out to see for yourself. Time to consider other options and neighbouring countries or even afar.

I also bought most units subsale so any benefits in terms of pricing was secondary. The forum host will know for sure who are the clones, i only have 1 single login which i use here and never posted with clones on any forums. Probably i take life too seriously at times plus one day, i hope to let my son read it when i am gone.

It probably will give him some insight into somethings his old man never told or shared with him. Both good and bad.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi Wuqi,

You are right... Most people lack imagination. Although much progress has occurred, they either did not bother to look around or they can't extend these to what it will look like in 10 years time... And when they actually see it, often it is too late and everything would have been priced in. Sometimes in life, you need a little bit of lyck and take a chance!

Some are like that, few like to do their due dilligence and fail to recognise that the cheese has moved or paradigm has long since shifted.
Many tend to dwell too much on the insignificant details, knowing the difference and sorting(and responding) based on the significance of details is not just intelligent but wise. Foresight comes from good (and bad) experience.

As for the few, i understand that some people will even let the threat of mosquitoes stop them from venturing out of the country. (What did they really think so lowly of NS and that it was a holiday camp with no mosquitoes?) No mosquitoes in SG? Mosquitoes have no borders and do not need passports (white cards too).

I am sorry but i still tend to believe that the average person in SG has a lot of talent that is sadly still not recognised. I am not even 5% close to their level. In fact, the very first posting was dedicated to my countrymen.

It really gets hard sometimes but i never gave up posting here even though sometimes its gets taxing and discouraging. I am also grateful for all well intentioned postings and continued to be amazed by the depth of knowledge from the brothers that i can learn from here.

Its funny, the other day, we saw this old movie and she told me this movie reminded her of me somehow.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/City_of_Ember

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have seen clustered house (35'x65' for around 300 plus K) at Scientek area with deposit claimed to be as low as $200. On second look, I discovered that there were communication lines and towers nearby. I think the project is likely doomed, pity the developer. The show units look quite attractive to me, at least from the apprearance outside.

dragonlance

Alfrescian
Loyal
Understand some forumers have interest in commercial properties as well... Not sure if you have heard of the new shoplot launch by Nusa Sentral? I am considering and as such, would really value your inputs, if any... Thanks!

dragonlance

Alfrescian
Loyal
sgtsk said:
I have seen clustered house (35'x65' for around 300 plus K) at Scientek area with deposit claimed to be as low as $200. On second look, I discovered that there were communication lines and towers nearby. I think the project is likely doomed, pity the developer. The show units look quite attractive to me, at least from the apprearance outside.

Hi SGTSK, I agree with you. I've seen the project and do not think that much of the location as well... Pricing may look attractive at first glance but further research will reveal why it is price as such...

dragonlance

Alfrescian
Loyal
Investor said:
No problem. I bought via Sistic and chose to receive tickets via registered mail for Sgd3.
Another way is self collection.
Dunno about grand opening show.

I bot 9 tics! I printed out the online ticket/confo which we can then use to redeem the actual tickets (with names printed) at the entrance when Legoland opens... My niece is very very excited :-)

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am just a thread starter who thought he found a pot of gold and recognising he only has 2 hands and cannot take everything with him. Since one
can never earn all the money in the world, why not share especially with close family and friends? I did my duty and shared with family first but none
responded. Then i moved on to my closest friends, never gave up on them, still asking them to come out to have a look at this. Some thought i am
a property agent even. Then of course, when i started sharing here, fingers started pointing, saying i benefit, its my trade etc.

Then well meaning people posted stuff as well as maybe not so well meaning people who when they failed to use crime as a deterrence, even tried to use the threat of mosquitoes to scare people from venturing outside SG.

I have until now not sold a single unit, those who know me in real life will know whether i am speaking the truth. I am certainly not a saint but i keep to my promises. Including the unit bought by my relative today, i have now 31 (actually going to be more than 31 shortly ) relatives and close friends who are vested here. Not one owes me anything, i admire all those who had courage to come, even those who came out here and subsequently decided its not for them. Good for you, at least you came, you saw, you decided. You already did your best, if its not for you, at least you tried and came out to see for yourself. Time to consider other options and neighbouring countries or even afar.

I also bought most units subsale so any benefits in terms of pricing was secondary. The forum host will know for sure who are the clones, i only have 1 single login which i use here and never posted with clones on any forums. Probably i take life too seriously at times plus one day, i hope to let my son read it when i am gone.

It probably will give him some insight into somethings his old man never told or shared with him. Both good and bad.

Oh ya , besides thanks Wuqi for the guidances to buy a house in JB .
I always forgot to thank Bro Jasonjst !! Coz he is the one who recommended this forum when I was browsing in my car forum with regards to buying a house in jb . Without Jasonjst ,I didnt know sammyboy forum exisit !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.