• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

365 days evil Scripture Reading ;)

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Bible Quote for May 15

Put Hot Coals on Enemies

If your enemy be hungry, give him food to eat, if he be thirsty, give him to drink; For live coals you will heap on his head, and the Lord will vindicate you. (Proverbs 25:21-22 NAB)

power lah ....i didnt know lord is so creative in punishing ppl :wink:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Bible Quote for May 16

Don't Pamper Your Slaves

If a man pampers his servant from childhood, he will turn out to be stubborn. (Proverbs 29:21 NAB)

1111111111111111111111111111111111111111.jpg

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Bible Quote for May 17

Beat Your Slaves

By words no servant can be trained; for he understands what is said, but obeys not. (Proverbs 29:19 NAB)

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa  aaaaaaaaaaaaaa.jpg

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa  aaaa.jpg

[video=youtube;FgQxfYKYqBk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgQxfYKYqBk[/video]

Last edited:

omnia1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Having read these bible verses that drifter has so graciously posted, many folks must be taken aback at the killing, the torture, the suffering, the destruction, the immorality and what have you that God seems to sanction in the bible :eek:, especially in the old testament (the part of the bible before Jesus Christ). How does this square with the Christian belief of a loving and just God ? Is God schizophrenic ? Let me share several perspectives that might provide some insights:

1. A DIFFERENT CULTURE & STAGE OF DEVELOPMENT - It is easy for a 21st century person to look back at the Israelites and condemn many of the practices that he reads. But we often forget that the Israelites lived in a very harsh dog-eat-dog world that was at a more 'primitive' stage of development. Brutal warfare was a fact of life; societies were more barbaric and the rule of law was often absent (forget about there being a UN or a police force to protect you). As such, we need to understand the historical context of what we read and not simply pass judgement based on our modern ideas and standards of morality. Think about it - someone a hundred years from now may just look back at us and think that we are BEASTS for murdering hundreds of thousands of babies each year through abortions and having the death penalty for criminals, things that many of us today don't bat an eyelid on.

2. GOD'S PROGRESSIVE REVELATIONS - So why does the bible's old testament (before Jesus) depict God so differently from the bible's new testament (time of Jesus Christ and after) ? That is because God was progressively leading the Israelites and mankind, in successive stages, towards the full realisation of his will. When society was still primitive, God had to use more primitive and blunt instruments and commands to guide the Israelites. For instance, instead of commanding the Israelites not to take pretty captive women as wives after they were victorious in battle, God's command was aimed at limiting the damage done, for example by placing restrictions on how Israel was to treat such women and giving them some measure of dignity, which was way better than the standards of the day. God might also for example set rules on how disputes between the Israelites were to be settled, rules that might seem barbaric to us, but it was preferable to having full-blown tribal warfare to settle the matter which was often the mentality back then.

However, as societies developed, God could continually 'raise the bar' so to speak until the time of Jesus Christ, when God (in the person of Jesus Christ) finally revealed his will for mankind. You could say that society had finally 'graduated' - still far from perfect but sophisticated enough to begin to grasp the true will of God. So for instance, Jesus (God) would tell his Jewish audience, "You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbour and hate your enemy.' But I say to you, 'Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you," (Mat 5:43-44).

3. HYPERBOLE - We should also be careful about taking everything that the bible says in a literalisatic fashion. Very often, bible authors would use hyperbole in their writing, ie: making exaggerations to emphasise a point. We still do it today. If I said that I was so hungry that I "cleaned out my plate". Does it mean that I literally ate every single bit of food on my plate ? Not necessarily so. Similarly, when we read things like the Israelites being commanded to wipe out a pagan nation, the author may not have meant that every person should literally be killed. He could have been trying to convey the danger of paganism to the faith of the Israelites. (Of course it could also be true that the command was indeed to kill every person, in which case please refer to points 1,2 and 4). Also, lacking the full understanding of God, the ancient Israelites in the old testament often attributed everything to God, both good and bad, even evil spirits. But thanks to the revelations given by Christ and his Church, we now have a finer understanding that although God does allow evil to occur as part of his overall plan, he does not actively cause evil. Such nuance would probably have been lost on the ancient Israelites :wink:.

4. THE INNOCENT - But one might ask, "What of the innocent men, women and children unjustly tortured and killed in the old testament ?". Firstly, they may not always have been as innocent as we think. But even if they were, we have to understand that life is a gift from God (he created us and everything in this universe). If there are folks who have to suffer and die for a greater good, that is God's prerogative. Being God, he could easily make it up to them for instance, by giving them infinite happiness in heaven. If we compare infinite happiness with finite pain and suffering on earth, we begin to understand that hey, it might not have been such a raw deal for those innocent people :smile:.​

I will not go through each and every bible verse posted in this thread. But the above clearly demonstrates that it can be very dangerous and misleading to read bible passages in a vacuum. It is only when we read the bible holistically, with an understanding of the historical and theological context of what we read; coupled with guidance provided by the Church that Jesus (God) established to carry on his redemptive mission; that we are then able to begin understanding and appreciating the true message that God has for us in the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
since christians likes to quote from the bible ..we must quote everything from the bible ...now i know christain love to pick and chose those bible quote as and when they like :wink: . bible itself is dangerous ...no doubts about it .

the old testament is so evil that christians need a new testament to quote ? :wink:

jesus and the disciples accepted the Old Testament as God's word. they could only do this if they themselves believed that god was not benevolent. they also preached the goodness of God, despite his apparent evil. this is because they, like the writers of the Old Testament, do not care if god is 'good' or 'evil', they merely wish to do its will, in order to get rewards in heaven....welcome to christianity :wink:

the Old Testament was rife with occasions when God not only sanctioned the murder, pillage and rape of the enemies of his chosen people, but, often God itself joined in, directly smiting people itself. Jeremiah 48:10 declares: "A curse on him who is lax in doing the LORD's work! A curse on him who keeps his sword from bloodshed!". it is clear that violence has a divine Biblical endorsement. but for what ends? Luke 14:23 says "compel people to come in!" for the purpose of "filling" the church. jesus himself declared "think not that i am come to send peace on earth: i came not to send peace, but a sword" (Matthew 10:34). And henceforth, christian history contains many unfortunate chapters where christian groups anathematized one another as heretics, and proceded to burn, torture and murder those who disagreed. Victims have been anyone who disagreed even on confusing technical points of Christian doctrine, members of other religions such as muslims and Jews, and it seems, many other innocent victims ranging from outcasts who were accused of witchcraft ("Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live" - Exodus 22:18), homosexuals and finally, a small number who have genuinely plotted against the Church.

such attitudes are not merely disasters found in history. even in the twentieth century, Pope Leo XII argued for violence and murder, based on religion:

“The death sentence is a necessary and efficacious means for the Church to attain its end when rebels act against it and disturbers of the ecclesiastical unity, especially obstinate heretics and heresiarchs, cannot be restrained by any other penalty.If there be no other remedy for saving its people it can and must put these wicked men to death.”

Pope Leo XII3

these compare well with Exodus 15:3, "The LORD is a man of war: the LORD is his name".

Last edited:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Bible Quote for May 18

Beat Fools

Blessings are for the head of the just, but a rod for the back of the fool. (Proverbs 10:6 NAB)

omnia1

Alfrescian
Loyal
since christians likes to quote from the bible ..we must quote everything from the bible ...now i know christain love to pick and chose those bible quote as and when they like :wink: . bible itself is dangerous ...no doubts about it .

The bible in itself is not dangerous. It is folks (including Christians) reading bits and pieces of the bible in a vacuum without regard to the historical context and full Gospel message; who think that Christianity is only about the bible and nothing else - that is dangerous.

the old testament is so evil that christians need a new testament to quote ? ... jesus and the disciples accepted the Old Testament as God's word. they could only do this if they themselves believed that god was not benevolent. they also preached the goodness of God, despite his apparent evil. this is because they, like the writers of the Old Testament, do not care if god is 'good' or 'evil', they merely wish to do its will, in order to get rewards in heaven....welcome to christianity :wink:
Read points 1 through 4 that I previously set-out.

the Old Testament was rife with occasions when God not only sanctioned the murder, pillage and rape of the enemies of his chosen people, but, often God itself joined in, directly smiting people itself. Jeremiah 48:10 declares: "A curse on him who is lax in doing the LORD's work! A curse on him who keeps his sword from bloodshed!". it is clear that violence has a divine Biblical endorsement. but for what ends? Luke 14:23 says "compel people to come in!" for the purpose of "filling" the church. jesus himself declared "think not that i am come to send peace on earth: i came not to send peace, but a sword" (Matthew 10:34).
Yet Jesus also taught that "Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God." (Mat 5:9) and to forgive your enemies (Mat 18:21-22). Why is that ? Is this the same Jesus ? Remember what I wrote about understanding the bible in a holistic manner ? And the importance of understanding the context of what is written, and the use of hyperbole ? If not, please refer to my previous post.

And henceforth, christian history contains many unfortunate chapters where christian groups anathematized one another as heretics, and proceded to burn, torture and murder those who disagreed. Victims have been anyone who disagreed even on confusing technical points of Christian doctrine, members of other religions such as muslims and Jews, and it seems, many other innocent victims ranging from outcasts who were accused of witchcraft ("Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live" - Exodus 22:18), homosexuals and finally, a small number who have genuinely plotted against the Church. ...
It has never been official Church teaching to torture and murder Muslims, Jews, homosexuals and what have you. Having said that, it is true that throughout history, there have been cases of Christians (even the clergy) behaving extremely badly. No different from persons from any other religion or even atheists. This is because the Church is made up of sinners who sometimes fail to live up to what God expects of them. It does not mean that the teachings are bad or wrong, it means that these persons need to repent and live up to those teachings.

such attitudes are not merely disasters found in history. even in the twentieth century, Pope Leo XII argued for violence and murder, based on religion:
“The death sentence is a necessary and efficacious means for the Church to attain its end when rebels act against it and disturbers of the ecclesiastical unity, especially obstinate heretics and heresiarchs, cannot be restrained by any other penalty.If there be no other remedy for saving its people it can and must put these wicked men to death.” ... Pope Leo XII3
A few points that I would like to make:

1. Violence ? - I don't see any 'violence' in the quote, do you ?
  2. Meaning of Heresy - Heretics do not refer to non-Christians but to believers who intentionally deny the important doctrines of the Christian faith. If you are an atheist or a muslim/jew, the quote is unlikely to apply to you. Para 2089 of the Catechism of the Catholic Church writes: "Heresy is the obstinate post-baptismal denial of some truth which must be believed with divine and catholic faith, or it is likewise an obstinate doubt concerning the same."
  3. Context is important - I'm not sure of the context of the quote (as with everything, context is very important). Pope Leo might have been reflecting on difficult situations faced by the Church or offering a personal opinion. In any case, Pope Leo was unlikely to have been invoking his authority as the head of the Church in declaring a 'death sentence doctrine' for heretics that all the faithful had to follow.
  4. Spiritual Mass Murder - But regardless, taking the quote at face value, I can understand where the Pope is coming from. Consider this: If society is willing to put to death murderers to protect society, it is not unreasonable to view the same for persons who subvert the faith and cause "spiritual murder" by endangering the faithful's eternal lives in heaven through heretical teachings. In many ways, it is worse. For the former, the victim loses say 50 years of his life by being physically murdered. For the latter, the victim potentially loses eternal life. Heresy also has the potential to reach greater numbers of people - something akin to spiritual mass murder. ... So "50 years" vs "an eternity"; "one murder victim" vs "mass murder" - do the math.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The bible in itself is not dangerous. It is folks (including Christians) reading bits and pieces of the bible in a vacuum without regard to the historical context and full Gospel message; who think that Christianity is only about the bible and nothing else - that is dangerous.

Read points 1 through 4 that I previously set-out.

Yet Jesus also taught that "Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God." (Mat 5:9) and to forgive your enemies (Mat 18:21-22). Why is that ? Is this the same Jesus ? Remember what I wrote about understanding the bible in a holistic manner ? And the importance of understanding the context of what is written, and the use of hyperbole ? If not, please refer to my previous post.

It has never been official Church teaching to torture and murder Muslims, Jews, homosexuals and what have you. Having said that, it is true that throughout history, there have been cases of Christians (even the clergy) behaving extremely badly. No different from persons from any other religion or even atheists. This is because the Church is made up of sinners who sometimes fail to live up to what God expects of them. It does not mean that the teachings are bad or wrong, it means that these persons need to repent and live up to those teachings.

A few points that I would like to make:

1. Violence ? - I don't see any 'violence' in the quote, do you ?
  2. Meaning of Heresy - Heretics do not refer to non-Christians but to believers who intentionally deny the important doctrines of the Christian faith. If you are an atheist or a muslim/jew, the quote is unlikely to apply to you. Para 2089 of the Catechism of the Catholic Church writes: "Heresy is the obstinate post-baptismal denial of some truth which must be believed with divine and catholic faith, or it is likewise an obstinate doubt concerning the same."
  3. Context is important - I'm not sure of the context of the quote (as with everything, context is very important). Pope Leo might have been reflecting on difficult situations faced by the Church or offering a personal opinion. In any case, Pope Leo was unlikely to have been invoking his authority as the head of the Church in declaring a 'death sentence doctrine' for heretics that all the faithful had to follow.
  4. Spiritual Mass Murder - But regardless, taking the quote at face value, I can understand where the Pope is coming from. Consider this: If society is willing to put to death murderers to protect society, it is not unreasonable to view the same for persons who subvert the faith and cause "spiritual murder" by endangering the faithful's eternal lives in heaven through heretical teachings. In many ways, it is worse. For the former, the victim loses say 50 years of his life by being physically murdered. For the latter, the victim potentially loses eternal life. Heresy also has the potential to reach greater numbers of people - something akin to spiritual mass murder. ... So "50 years" vs "an eternity"; "one murder victim" vs "mass murder" - do the math.

" The bible in itself is not dangerous. It is folks (including Christians) reading bits and pieces of the bible in a vacuum without regard to the historical context and full Gospel message; who think that Christianity is only about the bible and nothing else - that is dangerous " .

most of the christians believe that the bible is the only way to seek truth ...dont believe you can ask pslam23 and kinana :wink:

" Yet Jesus also taught that "Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God." (Mat 5:9) and to forgive your enemies (Mat 18:21-22). Why is that ? Is this the same Jesus ? Remember what I wrote about understanding the bible in a holistic manner ? And the importance of understanding the context of what is written, and the use of hyperbole ? If not, please refer to my previous post ".

this is what i mean by double standard . Its very contridating, however after i read 101 Myths of Bible, it was quite clear that editors of Bible just cut and past from Greek and Egypt Myths without preoper knowledge. :wink:

" It has never been official Church teaching to torture and murder Muslims, Jews, homosexuals and what have you. Having said that, it is true that throughout history, there have been cases of Christians (even the clergy) behaving extremely badly. No different from persons from any other religion or even atheists. This is because the Church is made up of sinners who sometimes fail to live up to what God expects of them. It does not mean that the teachings are bad or wrong, it means that these persons need to repent and live up to those teachings " .

now tell me how many religious ppl do bad in the name of their god and at the same time try to act like a saint and praise their invisblman . or tell you how good their own religion is . :wink: and if god is their creator ( thats what they believe in ) then dont you think that their creator should create better human being instead of creating imperfect human being and trying to change those human to perfection ...if not he will send you to hell but at the same time he loves you . so you think this is logic ?

" Spiritual Mass Murder - But regardless, taking the quote at face value, I can understand where the Pope is coming from. Consider this: If society is willing to put to death murderers to protect society, it is not unreasonable to view the same for persons who subvert the faith and cause "spiritual murder" by endangering the faithful's eternal lives in heaven through heretical teachings. In many ways, it is worse. For the former, the victim loses say 50 years of his life by being physically murdered. For the latter, the victim potentially loses eternal life. Heresy also has the potential to reach greater numbers of people - something akin to spiritual mass murder. ... So "50 years" vs "an eternity"; "one murder victim" vs "mass murder" - do the math" .

this thread is about the evil quotes that the bible have ...its teach you to kill your children , kill those who dont believe in god , support slavery ....ect . this thread is all about the killing quotes that bible have .

" 3.Context is important - I'm not sure of the context of the quote (as with everything, context is very important). Pope Leo might have been reflecting on difficult situations faced by the Church or offering a personal opinion. In any case, Pope Leo was unlikely to have been invoking his authority as the head of the Church in declaring a 'death sentence doctrine' for heretics that all the faithful had to follow ".

i know you are trying very hard to defence your bible ..but thats not the way to do it . a kill is a kill ...

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Bible Quote for May 19

Beat Your Children

Folly is close to the heart of a child, but the rod of discipline will drive it far from him. (Proverbs 22:15 NAB)

1111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111.jpg

1111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111.jpg

zeebjii

Alfrescian
Loyal

The bible IS dangerous. You can have jesus extolling you to love your neighbours, turn the other cheek on one page, and then then you god punishing, killing innocent people on another for simply annoying him. You dont even have to try hard to find examples of these in the bible, otherwise this thread would have died a long time.

What does the bible teach us? It teaches us to be hypocrites, to be two-face, backstabbing people. It teaches us that it's ok to do charity work in the day and then go home and abuse the maid at night.

fishbuff

Alfrescian
Loyal
The bible IS dangerous. You can have jesus extolling you to love your neighbours, turn the other cheek on one page, and then then you god punishing, killing innocent people on another for simply annoying him. You dont even have to try hard to find examples of these in the bible, otherwise this thread would have died a long time.

What does the bible teach us? It teaches us to be hypocrites, to be two-face, backstabbing people. It teaches us that it's ok to do charity work in the day and then go home and abuse the maid at night.

well said..

it is like north koreans with an illusion of Kim Jong Il and his secret police watching you 24x7.

whatever truth and/or facts that disagree with the religions, the religious believers are mentally conditioned and brainwashed, so that they must, in all their effort, distort, corrupt, divert or deny them to defend their delusion. so much so they can corrupt science, reasoning and even the very sense of what being a human is all about so that they can continue to support their make belief.

it is also sad to see that soo many people fell for this old trick since the beginning of human civilization. How many of them were/are in such bondage?

omnia1

Alfrescian
Loyal
most of the christians believe that the bible is the only way to seek truth ...dont believe you can ask pslam23 and kinana :wink:
Then it might interest you to know that the idea that Christianity is only about the bible and nothing else (what is known as "Sola Scriptura" or "Bible Alone") is only held by Non-Catholic and Non-Eastern Orthodox Christians (aka Protestant Christians, loosely speaking). Ask the Catholic Church, the Eastern Orthodox Churches or Christians in the 12th century, 8th century, 3rd century and they well tell you that God's truths come through the bible and the Church that Jesus (God) established to carry on his mission, which he has given authority to guide the faithful in the proper interpretation of the bible and God's word.

" Yet Jesus also taught that "Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God." (Mat 5:9) and to forgive your enemies (Mat 18:21-22). Why is that ? Is this the same Jesus ? Remember what I wrote about understanding the bible in a holistic manner ? And the importance of understanding the context of what is written, and the use of hyperbole ? If not, please refer to my previous post ".

this is what i mean by double standard . Its very contridating, ...
Yes, it does appear contradictory, doesn't it ? But as I have pointed out, if you read the entire bible holistically, and understand the historical context of what is written and God's plan for salvation, you will begin to understand why things are not as contradictory as they seem. Read points 1 to 4 that I set out in post #144.

now tell me how many religious ppl do bad in the name of their god and at the same time try to act like a saint and praise their invisblman . or tell you how good their own religion is . :wink: and if god is their creator ( thats what they believe in ) then dont you think that their creator should create better human being instead of creating imperfect human being and trying to change those human to perfection ...if not he will send you to hell but at the same time he loves you . so you think this is logic ?
I fully agree that those "religious ppl" who commit all sorts of atrocities should be shot :wink:. They would have to answer to God when they exit this world. So why would God create less than perfect human beings ? What God created were human beings to whom he gave the gift of free will, allowing them to freely choose to love or to hate. Think about this: If God had created perfect human beings who could not choose to do wrong, they would be equivalent to robots, wouldn't they ? Is real love (i) a robot that is programmed to love and be with you (but who did not make the choice on its own), or (ii) someone with free will but who has freely choosen to love and go with you through thick and thin ?

God is love and he chose to give the gift of free will to mankind. But with this gift, we must also accept that there will be persons who will choose evil and reject his creator (God). That person freely chooses to separate himself from God (aka hell). God does not send anybody to hell; they freely choose that path.

" Spiritual Mass Murder - But regardless, taking the quote at face value, I can understand where the Pope is coming from. Consider this: If society is willing to put to death murderers to protect society, it is not unreasonable to view the same for persons who subvert the faith and cause "spiritual murder" by endangering the faithful's eternal lives in heaven through heretical teachings. In many ways, it is worse. For the former, the victim loses say 50 years of his life by being physically murdered. For the latter, the victim potentially loses eternal life. Heresy also has the potential to reach greater numbers of people - something akin to spiritual mass murder. ... So "50 years" vs "an eternity"; "one murder victim" vs "mass murder" - do the math" .

this thread is about the evil quotes that the bible have ...its teach you to kill your children , kill those who dont believe in god , support slavery ....ect . this thread is all about the killing quotes that bible have .
Since you brought up the quote by Pope Leo purporting to promote violence and murder, I was offering a different perspective for readers to consider.

You would think that Christianity and the bible teaches you to "kill your children", "kill those who don't believe in god", torture this group and that group and so forth, if you read bible passages in a vacuum without knowledge or consideration for the historical context of what you are reading and of the full Gospel message. But as I have explained in post #144, you will begin to see a very different message coming from God through the bible if you read the bible holistically and take guidance from the Church.

i know you are trying very hard to defence your bible ..but thats not the way to do it . a kill is a kill ...
A kill is a kill ?? That is a very simplistic, almost naive way to look at killing. Society takes the lives of convicted murderers; a policeman might have to take the life of a criminal threatening to harm a mother and her child; you might have to use deadly force as a last resort against a criminal entering your house and threatening your family. Are these actions morally the same as someone who kills a woman that he has just raped to silence her ? Or a person who kills his business rival to get ahead ?

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
whatever truth and/or facts that disagree with the religions, the religious believers are mentally conditioned and brainwashed, so that they must, in all their effort, distort, corrupt, divert or deny them to defend their delusion. so much so they can corrupt science, reasoning and even the very sense of what being a human is all about so that they can continue to support their make belief.

it is also sad to see that soo many people fell for this old trick since the beginning of human civilization. How many of them were/are in such bondage?

No lah. Your assumption is too simplistic. I'm totally different as I can always say "No" to him when His suggestions raised my eyebrows. You must sometimes ... oh, I forgot you folks are disbelievers.

Corrupt science ? You mean the M-theory or strings ? LOL :biggrin: It's not just a huge leap of faith but they make science switching itself to a crazy mode.

There will always be people who will not want to look into the mirror themselves. Atheism is a form of religion whether you like it or not. But, yet, atheists love another form of blind faith instead of adopting an open mind. They are quite stubborn too.

Last edited:

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Third Eye Or Radar ?

" The bible in itself is not dangerous. It is folks (including Christians) reading bits and pieces of the bible in a vacuum without regard to the historical context and full Gospel message; who think that Christianity is only about the bible and nothing else - that is dangerous " .

You are into Buddhism, that's why you can't get out of the rut. You are stuck and you don't have enough knowledge about God to give you a 3D perspective. If you look from one dimension, it's a square. By looking at the other dimension (side), it will reveal that its not a cube. And from an X-ray film, it will reveal more of its inside.

Without the Spirit of God, it is very limited or difficult to what you can read or decipher. You remember I list one of these verses out as "the Spirit will teach you all things".

Without it, it is like without a compass - anything goes. You will be lost and be confused.

fishbuff

Alfrescian
Loyal
No lah. Your assumption is too simplistic. I'm totally different as I can always say "No" to him when His suggestions raised my eyebrows. You must sometimes ... oh, I forgot you folks are disbelievers.

Corrupt science ? You mean the M-theory or strings ? LOL :biggrin: It's not just a huge leap of faith but they make science switching itself to a crazy mode.

There will always be people who will not want to look into the mirror themselves. Atheism is a form of religion whether you like it or not. But, yet, atheists love another form of blind faith instead of adopting an open mind. They are quite stubborn too.

come on, you cast all your faith into an ancient foreign jewish religion. who is the one that is misled?

m-theory or string theory? these are science developed by the best brain in the world WITHOUT the influence of gods, deities or whatever supernatural powers there are. Just like psychology, in the ancient days when people have mental breakdown, the usual belief is to blame it on the devil. how dumb is that. and that persist till today.

your pastors/preachers/religious leaders have you by your balls, so you cant think out of the box now.

i love how deluded religious believers like you that keep going in circle about how true the bible is. you really cant get your head above the m&d to see the real world, can you?

fishbuff

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Third Eye Or Radar ?

You are into Buddhism, that's why you can't get out of the rut. You are stuck and you don't have enough knowledge about God to give you a 3D perspective. ...

same comment that i will give to you.. you are stuck in a rut that cannot get out of the religious doldrums but going in circles to deny everything to support your delusion. how sad that is...

fishbuff

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Third Eye Or Radar ?

i wont even say atheism or agnosticism but we dont have the inclination to believe in any supernatural beings without evidences.
Incredible claims require incredible evidence. if you say god exists, then show it to us all! damn it! stop beating around the bush and sell fake dreams/fear.

Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Whereas Religion is answers that cannot be questioned.

get it?

omnia1

Alfrescian
Loyal

As I've pointed out, the bible is only dangerous when you read passages in a vacuum, without understanding the whole of God's plan of salvation and the historical context of what is written.

Yes, you do read about war, about killing and about suffering, especially in the old testament of the bible; nobody is disputing that. The bigger question is whether that is what God wants of us today. Does God want us to kill our enemies for instance ? If not, why did he appear to instruct the ancient Israelites to do that ? If you're interested in a possible explanation, I've set it out in post #144 of this thread. Do have a read.

fishbuff

Alfrescian
Loyal
As I've pointed out, the bible is only dangerous when you read passages in a vacuum, without understanding the whole of God's plan of salvation and the historical context of what is written.

Yes, you do read about war, about killing and about suffering, especially in the old testament of the bible; nobody is disputing that. The bigger question is whether that is what God wants of us today. Does God want us to kill our enemies for instance ? If not, why did he appear to instruct the ancient Israelites to do that ? If you're interested in a possible explanation, I've set it out in post #144 of this thread. Do have a read.

religions failed several categories of argument;
science vs religions
the history of Christianity
the theology of Christianity
common sense and reasoning

that is why in the western world where people dare to questions, there is a growing number of pastors and preachers hanging up their preaching hat because they have come to a conclusion that what they have been preaching is a lie.

http://abcnews.go.com/WN/atheist-ministers-leading-faithful/story?id=12004359#.T7dc1sWjjqI

http://www.npr.org/2012/04/30/151681248/from-minister-to-atheist-a-story-of-losing-faith

only in Singapore where the education have been focusing on rote learning and very little on critical thinking (or none at all), will then these religions flourish and in numbers, feeding on feeble minded weaklings.

omnia1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bible Quote for May 19
Beat Your Children

Folly is close to the heart of a child, but the rod of discipline will drive it far from him. (Proverbs 22:15 NAB)
Where does this passage talk about beating your child to the point of abuse as suggested by the pictures that you have conveniently added ??!?

Are you trying to infuse bible passages with malicious content and meanings that are not there to begin with, based on a plain reading of the bible passage ?