• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

454 H1N1 cases, time for me to slam this!

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://uncleyap-news.blogspot.com/2009/06/454-h1n1-cases-time-for-me-to-slam-this.html

<!-- Begin .post -->

454 H1N1 cases, time for me to slam this!

Today's Yahoo News URL

I knew this will surely happen and was anticipating it. It happened exactly as I had expected.

Before the number of cases reached this level I was deliberately holding back from slamming the famiLEE LEEgime on their Epidemic Control Policies. I was awaiting for the mark of 500 cases, and this will be reached tomorrow or another day more at the most.

Cow Boon Wan had treated H1N1 with very slack and light attitude right from the beginning. He had even downgraded the alert measures from Orange level down to Yellow and not raised it since even until today. I think I should use the same word as (mis)used by Old Dog Thief Lee Kuan Yew regarding Ah Seng's lost of Mas Selamat - COMPLACENCY.

The famiLEE LEEgime fooled itself with it own propaganda and falsehood on their so called success in handling SARS, and they now believed in their own craps which they cooked up to bluff the others. They became COMPLACENT with their ability to handle H1N1. They had right from the start claimed that they were fully ready for anything, before the virus had reached many other countries.

The attitude of Cow Boon Wan our million dollar Minister of HELL is one of the Non-Essential & Slump 消极;无切要;无所谓 that he accepted defeat before beginning of war, that he took it that H1N1 will be spreading in Singapore any way. And he is Ok to see that happened. He thinks the H1N1's death rate is too low and he is COMPLACENT he have the flu medicine so things would not get out of hands.

But he is wrong, Singaporeans are going to die of H1N1 pandemic, and economic losses as well as unacceptable disruptions are going to be suffered by the republic as well as it's peasants.

Cow Boon Wan is paid millions of Singaporean tax dollars each year. He took the credits falsely from the SARS round and he inflated and multiplied this falsehood and rewarded his subordinates in the same matters of SARS. Singaporeans will suffer more pains and losses in H1N1 round than SARS. It will cost more than SARS. Spread deeper and wider than SARS and affect us more badly than SARS. Schools and Polytechnics are now closed for H1N1 already. It is Cow Boon Wan's responsibility and duty to address these, but we are going to get death; quaranteen; ailment; losses; and painful disruptions due to the poor attitude and policies of famiLEE LEEgime particularly FT Cow.

Unlike the SARS round, this time I will post some ideas and measures online. In the SARS round I refrain from providing any constructive and useful ideas. I had then only made a small exception regarding the idea of giving Video Conference to the dying SARS patients for their families to have some Cyber Access to them before they died. This exception I made was out of compassion only. I did not want to contribute any thing helful other than that.

In this round, I will show what famiLEE LEEgime could had done earlier but failed to do so. And I will do so not to help them but to show for comparison against their Incompetence (plus Complacency). I will be posting online, but not yet. The case number mark near 500 is still too low, and I should brutally wait on.

S’pore confirms 89 new H1N1 cases, bringing total number to 454

<cite class="auth">Channel NewsAsia - Sunday, June 28</cite>SINGAPORE: Singapore has confirmed 89 new cases of H1N1, bringing the total tally to 454 confirmed cases.
The Health Ministry said in addition to these 89 new cases, 53 other cases were pending investigation on Friday.
Of these 142 cases, 65 have been investigated. They comprise 34 local cases, 31 imported cases, while the remaining 77 cases are still being investigated.
The 34 new local cases include 10 new cases in the Republic Polytechnic cluster and seven new cases in the Maju Camp cluster.
There are also two new cases in the Tekong cluster and both are full—time national servicemen.
In addition, there is a new cluster from an NUS Orientation Camp comprising three new cases and one previously unlinked case. — CNA/vm

posted by uncleyap at 12:58 AM

<!-- End .post -->

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
I had awaited for H1N1 case figure to pass 1000 before I begin to post these, this is the 1st, and there will be more attacks on SWINE FLU against famiLEE LEEgime.

:rolleyes::cool:

http://uncleyap.blogspot.com/2009/07/familee-leegimes-influnza-epidemic.html

<!-- Begin .post -->

famiLEE LEEgime's Influnza Epidemic Control Failure

The famiLEE LEEgime had notoriously failed in controlling Dengue Fever for years already.

The failure is rather globally unique that after so much resources & time and funds had been squandered, the virus and disease persistently stay in this tiny red dot.

LEEgime's Minister of Health (HELL) Khaw Boon Wan, continues his Complacency resulted from his own SARS falsehood propaganda of success, and while drawing the world's highest (still) salary for Health Ministers, watch the H1N1 Influnza Case Figures climed to 1111 today, as one of the world's highest contagion rate (per population).

As of today, there are only 11 countries with case figures above Singapore's, ALL the 11 countries have population levels WAY above ours. The virus came to Singapore quite late, and our case figures increased in one of the fastest rates globally within the very short time. This is marking the failure of famiLEE LEEgime's health administration.

<table border="0" cellspacing="0" cols="4" frame="void" rules="none"> <colgroup><col width="137"><col width="87"><col width="87"><col width="105"></colgroup> <tbody> <tr> <td align="left" width="137" height="18">
</td> <td align="right" width="87" bgcolor="#ccffff">H1N1 cases</td> <td align="right" width="87" bgcolor="#ccffff">population</td> <td align="center" width="105" bgcolor="#ccffff">contagion rate per population</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="left" height="18">Chile</td> <td sdval="7376" sdnum="1033;" align="right">7376</td> <td sdval="16932000" sdnum="1033;" align="right">16932000</td> <td sdval="0.0435624852350579" sdnum="1033;0;0.00000" align="center">0.04356</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="left" height="18">Australia</td> <td sdval="5298" sdnum="1033;" align="right">5298</td> <td sdval="21838000" sdnum="1033;" align="right">21838000</td> <td sdval="0.0242604634124004" sdnum="1033;0;0.00000" align="center">0.02426</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="left" height="18">Canada</td> <td sdval="7983" sdnum="1033;" align="right">7983</td> <td sdval="33705000" sdnum="1033;" align="right">33705000</td> <td sdval="0.0236849132176235" sdnum="1033;0;0.00000" align="center">0.02368</td> </tr> <tr> <td style="color: rgb(204, 0, 0);" align="left" height="18">Singapore</td> <td sdval="1111" sdnum="1033;" align="right">1111</td> <td sdval="4839400" sdnum="1033;" align="right">4839400</td> <td sdval="0.0229573914121585" sdnum="1033;0;0.00000" align="center">0.02296</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="left" height="18">United Kingdom</td> <td sdval="7447" sdnum="1033;" align="right">7447</td> <td sdval="61612300" sdnum="1033;" align="right">61612300</td> <td sdval="0.0120868722641421" sdnum="1033;0;0.00000" align="center">0.01209</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="left" height="18">United States</td> <td sdval="33902" sdnum="1033;" align="right">33902</td> <td sdval="306845000" sdnum="1033;" align="right">306845000</td> <td sdval="0.0110485750134433" sdnum="1033;0;0.00000" align="center">0.01105</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="left" height="18">Mexico</td> <td sdval="10262" sdnum="1033;" align="right">10262</td> <td sdval="109610000" sdnum="1033;" align="right">109610000</td> <td sdval="0.00936228446309643" sdnum="1033;0;0.00000" align="center">0.00936</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="left" height="18">Argentina</td> <td sdval="2485" sdnum="1033;" align="right">2485</td> <td sdval="40135000" sdnum="1033;" align="right">40135000</td> <td sdval="0.00619160333873178" sdnum="1033;0;0.00000" align="center">0.00619</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="left" height="18">Thailand</td> <td sdval="2076" sdnum="1033;" align="right">2076</td> <td sdval="63389730" sdnum="1033;" align="right">63389730</td> <td sdval="0.00327497845471183" sdnum="1033;0;0.00000" align="center">0.00327</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="left" height="18">Philippines</td> <td sdval="1709" sdnum="1033;" align="right">1709</td> <td sdval="92226600" sdnum="1033;" align="right">92226600</td> <td sdval="0.00185304456631818" sdnum="1033;0;0.00000" align="center">0.00185</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="left" height="18">Japan</td> <td sdval="1790" sdnum="1033;" align="right">1790</td> <td sdval="127580000" sdnum="1033;" align="right">127580000</td> <td sdval="0.00140304122903276" sdnum="1033;0;0.00000" align="center">0.00140</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="left" height="18">China</td> <td sdval="2040" sdnum="1033;" align="right">2040</td> <td sdval="1331670000" sdnum="1033;" align="right">1331670000</td> <td sdval="0.000153191105904616" sdnum="1033;0;0.00000" align="center">0.00015</td> </tr> <tr> <td style="font-weight: bold;" align="left" height="18">GLOBAL</td> <td sdval="94512" sdnum="1033;" align="right">94512</td> <td sdval="6769400000" sdnum="1033;" align="right">6769400000</td> <td sdval="0.0013961650958726" sdnum="1033;0;0.00000" align="center">0.00140</td> </tr> </tbody> </table>

continued below

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
The above is my spreadsheet worked out according to WHO's site & Wikipedia, showing Singapore's 4th position in terms of per population contagion rate. For world ranking without considering population level Singapore is world's 12 position just above New Zealand's 1059 cases.

For now I would just like to show one of the reasons of famiLEE LEEgime's failures in controlling H1N1 Influenza A, I will go into other reasons and elements later, one after another. For now, it is in the aspect of public educations.

The famiLEE LEEgime had meerly (quickly) replaced all the Mas Selamat posters posted island-wide on this red dot, with the HAND OF DEVIL POSTER. Besides this there only a SNEEZE TV ADVERTISEMENT VIDEO. That's about all.

What measures had FT Cow implemented for H1N1? Check his official Web HERE.

Local Measures Implemented In Hospitals:
Enhanced Screening & Visitation Measures

• Enhanced triage and screening measures for fever and flu-like illness for visitors to clinical areas.
  • Hospitals will enforce visiting hours and limit the number of visitors to 2 visitors per patient at any one time.
  • Visitors to clinical areas will have their particulars recorded to help facilitate contact tracing.
Hospital Operations and Patient Care

• Elective admissions have been reduced to increase hospital capacity.
  • All patients with flu symptoms AND travel history to affected areas will be isolated and managed appropriately.
  • Inter-hospital movement of patients restricted to emergencies.
  • Inter-hospital movement of doctors and healthcare workers restricted to essential services.
Enhanced Infection Control Measures

• Healthcare workers in high risk areas will use full personal protective equipment (PPE)
  • Healthcare workers will use the appropriate PPE in other clinical areas.
In Primary Care Clinics:

• Patients will be screened for fever and flu-like illness at the clinic reception.
  • Patients are to declare symptoms, contact and travel history in Patient Declaration Form
  • Patients with flu-like illness are to wear surgical masks and be separated from other patients while in the clinic
  • Staff will exercise strict infection control precautions (ie. temperature screening for all staff; triage staff to don full PPE; doctors to don PPE while attending to high risk patients)

In Community Hospitals and Nursing Homes:

• Visitors are to fill in a self-declaration form indicating their NRIC, contact numbers and travel history.
  • Patients with flu-like illness are to wear surgical masks and be separated from other patients.
  • Staff will exercise strict infection control precautions (ie. temperature screening for all staff; triage staff to don full PPE; doctors to don PPE while attending to high risk patients)
At our Borders:

• Temperature screening will be carried out for all incoming travellers at air, sea and land checkpoints
  • Passengers with fever symptoms will undergo a more thorough onsite medical assessment by the medical teams.
I highlight that famiLEE LEEgime had only educated the public on Sneeze & Hand Washing essentially, which is FAR INADEQUATE, and very lame very childish.

Let me list out a few examples to illustrate what FT COW & his WORLD CLASS medical experts had Omitted:

Risk Elements from followings -

• Sharing Food & Drinks;
  • Sharing Cups; Spoons; Forks; Chopsticks;
  • Borrowing & Lending Handphones; MP3 earphone; Hand-held Video Games;
  • Sharing Computer Keyboard; Mouse; Laptops;
  • Swimming pool water;

Disposal cleaning of following wastes & Hygiene-

• Used tissue paper (from cleaning flu noses especially)
  • Food Court; Hawker Center Tables;
  • Public tableware; forks; spoons; chopsticks;

Does famiLEE LEEgime's elites and experts NOT know that these mediums can spread Influenza A H1N1 virus withing the red dot? Is it their neglegence or complencency?

posted by uncleyap at 10:56 PM

<!-- End .post -->

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Hi Uncle Yap,

I was surprised that the infection rate in Singapore exceeded Hong Kong's in the past week.

Hong Kong has double the population size and has more infection rate than Singapore right from the start. But it seems that Singapore PAP government has become lax, very lax in their control measures resulting in a big surge in infections.

A world class million dollar minister having sub standard performance.

Goh Meng Seng

cleareyes

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Uncle Yap,

I was surprised that the infection rate in Singapore exceeded Hong Kong's in the past week.

Hong Kong has double the population size and has more infection rate than Singapore right from the start. But it seems that Singapore PAP government has become lax, very lax in their control measures resulting in a big surge in infections.

Goh Meng Seng

Sometime its not the goverment that is lax but the people themselves that is lax.

Any goverment can put in any measure but if the population do not follow it, it makes no difference on how effective these measures can be.

Unless you want the Singapore goverment to introduce compulsory screening for all people ( which will be extremely draconian but a extremely effective way to detect H1N1 but would also create even more infection because the gathering of large number of people in certain areas), there is very little any goverment can do to prevent the spread of the infection.

We already have an air of fear in Singapore, retails are seeing a drop in patronship not only because of the bad ecomony, but now because of the paranoid fear of catching H1N1 as well. Attractions are seeing a huge drop in visitorship, schools are cancelling many outdoor and CCA programs on the same reasons. Tour inbound to Singapore are dropping hugely because of this too. How bad can this go?

So instead of creating more fear, i believe its better to find ways to create some form of optimism to boast and improve the situation. BTW, the figures reported are of cases discovered/founded, I would like to see figures of people recovered from the infection and actual cases that is really at hand. Looking at the figures of old + new cases is not an accurate way to see if the infection is controlled or not.

To be optimistic, I would see such a huge surge in new cases of reports as detection made more effective. At least these patients were detected, what happened if they were not?

If you want to talk about Hongkong, you bare aware that most people in Hongkong dontv really care about their health unless its really that serious. People there are more into making money and less about their health. I believe that could be three fold or even more cases of H1N1 unreported then those reported

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.crisis.gov.sg/flu/
Influenza A (H1N1-2009)
Last Updated 7 July 2009

Situation in Singapore

106 new confirmed cases of Influenza A (H1N1) (7 July 2009)
Singapore has confirmed 106 new cases (1112nd - 1217th case) of Influenza A (H1N1) today, bringing the total tally to 1217 confirmed cases.
Investigations are on-going for 77 cases. Of the 60 cases investigated today, there were 52 local cases and 8 imported cases. Of the cumulative number of 1140 cases investigated thus far, 702 were local cases and 438 were imported cases.

At this rate I am able to predict Singapore surpassing at least 2 countries currently with higher case numbers above us within the next 2 weeks, namely Philippines (1709 cases) & Japan (1790 cases). By August 2009, we would past the 2000 mark.

As it is, I can see that the number of quarantine cases already saturated 100% of the famiLEE LEEgime's quarantine facilities already. They are not able to fully trace contacts and implement quarantine any longer.

My estimations mentioned here are actually modest version in terms of time, figures should reach the marks even sooner then I had indicated.

famiLEE LEEgime's incompetence is showing up clearly here, and is becoming increasingly clear by each day and by each new case figures.

Sin Ming Daily News tabloid yesterday (6.July) published headline of a 14 year old girl died of influenza. But not confirming to be H1N1. The 1st lethal H1N1 influenza in SG is not very far away, the figure can be a very hurtful one eventually, for the famiLEE LEEgime which called H1N1 something MILD.

COW should be taken to task, the turning point is expected to come very soon that we have to make opened demand of his resignation.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Dear Cleareyes,

It is precisely that the PAP government tries to create "optimism" that created complacency among the population.

It is a totally wrong concept about Hong Kongers don't care about their health. In Singapore, it is not merely about "fear" but in fact, even when one is down with flu, they are afraid of being treated differently if they wear their masks. This is why many Singaporeans do not wear their masks even they are down with flu. In contrast, Hong Kongers reacted responsibly. Even summer activity classes were armed with masks and alcohol cleaner. Life still goes on for kids during summer holiday but with a heightened cautiousness over such hygiene matters.

The truth is, after this outbreak of Swine Flu, the number of people catching common flu in Hong Kong drops because they are more aware about hygiene. These are registered and shown in statistics provided.

What went wrong? Nothing to do with the government? Nah. I tend to say that the PAP government has deliberately down play the Swine Flu.

Statistics don't lie. It just tells a different story. Don't try to blame the people when the government is not doing enough its part in public education effort for fear of damaging the economy.

Goh Meng Seng

Sometime its not the goverment that is lax but the people themselves that is lax.

Any goverment can put in any measure but if the population do not follow it, it makes no difference on how effective these measures can be.

Unless you want the Singapore goverment to introduce compulsory screening for all people ( which will be extremely draconian but a extremely effective way to detect H1N1 but would also create even more infection because the gathering of large number of people in certain areas), there is very little any goverment can do to prevent the spread of the infection.

We already have an air of fear in Singapore, retails are seeing a drop in patronship not only because of the bad ecomony, but now because of the paranoid fear of catching H1N1 as well. Attractions are seeing a huge drop in visitorship, schools are cancelling many outdoor and CCA programs on the same reasons. Tour inbound to Singapore are dropping hugely because of this too. How bad can this go?

So instead of creating more fear, i believe its better to find ways to create some form of optimism to boast and improve the situation. BTW, the figures reported are of cases discovered/founded, I would like to see figures of people recovered from the infection and actual cases that is really at hand. Looking at the figures of old + new cases is not an accurate way to see if the infection is controlled or not.

To be optimistic, I would see such a huge surge in new cases of reports as detection made more effective. At least these patients were detected, what happened if they were not?

If you want to talk about Hongkong, you bare aware that most people in Hongkong dontv really care about their health unless its really that serious. People there are more into making money and less about their health. I believe that could be three fold or even more cases of H1N1 unreported then those reported

junkmail

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why compare Singapore with Hongkong? Why not compare how the opposition will handle it differently from the PAP government?

If the opposition win the next election and start to enjoy the multi-million salaries themselves, how will they do better?

Force everyone to stay at home?
Raise their own salaries by a million dollars more than the PAP?
Station a doctor and a gurkha in their home?

Or do what they do best, either keep quiet or talk only in Parliament.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Please don't put the cart before the horse. :wink:

There are already adequate comparisons available in the real world to start with, don't need to go into something so abstract and talk about something that may only happen in the next generation.

PAP has top salaries for their ministers IN THE WHOLE WORLD and thus, it is only natural to expect best performance from them as compared to other world government. You can't have your cake and eat it; demanding TOP PAY but come up with mediocre performance but yet, refuse to admit that you are sub-standard when facts are put right in front of you!

Be it Lehman Minibond saga or Swine Flu, PAP government has sub-standard performance as compared to Hong Kong. Period.

If you cannot take the heat of such honest comparison, get out of the kitchen please.

Goh Meng Seng

Why compare Singapore with Hongkong? Why not compare how the opposition will handle it differently from the PAP government?

If the opposition win the next election and start to enjoy the multi-million salaries themselves, how will they do better?

Force everyone to stay at home?
Raise their own salaries by a million dollars more than the PAP?
Station a doctor and a gurkha in their home?

Or do what they do best, either keep quiet or talk only in Parliament.

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Uncle Yap,

Goh Meng Seng

Hi Mr. Goh,

Are you soon following the move to announce your contest ward yet? :p

You can make this your electoral subject you know? :wink:

I wonder if famiLEE LEEgime will re-fix the boundary again since the change in Parliamentary Election Act. They had announced register of voters for checking before they changed the act, which means they changed law after they fixed boundary. In a way showing that their own moves are not well coorindated, indicating their own changes of plans and cock-ups.

It should had been the other way, pass the act's amendments 1st, when new act is in effect, refine the boundaries and set out the register of voters and invite voters to verify their own registrations. Then move to call for GE.

<hr>

The famiLEE LEEgime seems to have changed (only today) the way they present their website at:

http://www.crisis.gov.sg/flu/

The changes came after they began to face political attacks & case figure past 1000.

There is NO total case figure any longer on that page, no update on new cases from today?:confused:

I have a feeling that the 1st fatal result will come very soon looking at the number of cases inside the ICU.:rolleyes::eek:

Strange thing is most of the ICU are in KK hosp not TTSH. That suggest that infants are the 27 patients in ICU.:eek:

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
Influenza A (H1N1-2009)
Last Updated 8 July 2009

Situation in Singapore

H1N1 has become endemic among global communities. In line with WHO's recommendation, Singapore will now track the progress of the H1N1 outbreak through the influenza biosurveillance programme and report on the number of confirmed cases still in hospital.

For more information, click here.

Influenza Biosurveillance Report (8 July 09)

MOH has been monitoring the flu situation in Singapore, to identify the strains of flu virus circulating in our community. The influenza biosurveillance programme carries out routine laboratory tests on random virus samples taken from patients in our clinics and hospitals to determine the circulating strains.
Latest data shows that 13% of samples taken from patients with influenza-like illness (ILI) are Influenza A (H1N1-2009)-positive.
This means that 13 in 100 patients with ILI have Influenza A (H1N1-2009). As observed in other countries, this proportion will grow as the virus spreads further in the community, and displaces other influenza strains.

Cases in Hospital (8 July 09)
Hospitals have ramped up resources to focus on at-risk patients.
As at 7 Jul, there were 85 confirmed Influenza A (H1N1-2009) cases in hospitals, including 1 in ICU

Public Hospital

Hospitalised (in ICU*)

Alexandra Hospital

Changi General Hospital

KK Women’s and Children’s Hospital

National University Hospital

Singapore General Hospital

Tan Tock Seng Hospital

2 (1*)

CDC

Total

85 (1*)

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
The truth hurts, Singapore is facing community outbreak of swine flu. This is the main reason of the sudden surge in confirmed cases.

Goh Meng Seng

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
BTW, Khaw is very lucky, I am not contesting against him. :wink:

Goh Meng Seng

http://www.parliament.gov.sg/AboutUs/Org-MP-MP-Prof-Hawazi.htm

Sembawang GRC got 2 MOH PAPpies, not just the Cow.

<hr>

Could be Cow is dodging the blows using this excuse, for not publishing the case figures any more, WHO saved Cow:rolleyes::

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/afp_world/view/441061/1/.html

WHO to ask infected countries to stop testing H1N1 flu cases
Posted: 08 July 2009 0302 hrs
<table align="right" width="260" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr> <td align="right" width="20"> </td> <td align="right" width="240">
php0LLsYX.jpg
</td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top" height="60"> </td> <td class="update" valign="top" height="80"> <table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr> <td width="138" bgcolor="#f6f6f6">Photos </td> <td width="47" bgcolor="#f6f6f6">1 of 1</td> <td width="18" bgcolor="#f6f6f6"><input disabled="disabled" id="btnPrev" value="<< Previous" onclick="Prev();" src="http://www.channelnewsasia.com/images/butt_previous.gif" type="image" width="18" height="15"></td> <td width="19" bgcolor="#f6f6f6"><input id="bntPlay" value="Play - Stop" onclick="Play()" src="http://www.channelnewsasia.com/images/butt_stop.gif" type="image" width="19" height="15"></td> <td width="18" bgcolor="#f6f6f6"><input disabled="disabled" id="btnNext" value=" Next >> " onclick="Next();" src="http://www.channelnewsasia.com/images/butt_next.gif" type="image" width="18" height="15"></td> </tr> </tbody></table>
dotline_240.gif

Keiji Fukuda</td> </tr> <tr> <td> </td> <td class="update"> </td> </tr> <tr> <td> </td> <td>
</td> </tr> </tbody></table>

GENEVA: The World Health Organisation said on Tuesday it would ask countries with large caseloads of H1N1 flu to move away from laboratory testing of individual cases towards collecting more macro-trends of the disease.

"In the next few days, the WHO will be issuing updated surveillance recommendations to countries," said Keiji Fukuda, interim assistant director-general of the WHO.

With some 137 countries and territories having reported over 98,000 cases including over 440 deaths, Fukuda said "we are now at a place in which changing the surveillance approach makes a lot of sense for many countries".

In countries where many cases have been reported, it is now necessary to move towards looking for "larger national indicators of the disease" including following influenza-like illnesses or pneumonia cases.

"Because the number of cases have increased in so many countries it is very hard to keep up and so we need to move towards these kinds of indicators to keep following on with the trend of the pandemic," said Fukuda, noting that a shift would also ease pressure on laboratories.

In countries where cases have yet to be reported, Fukuda said the WHO would still recommend that individual suspect cases be tested.

He added that all countries would also be asked to test cases that appear to be unusual, in order for changes in epidemiology of the virus, which has been renamed pandemic (H1N1) 2009 by the WHO, to be recorded. - AFP/de

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
It does not matter. You cant win nor make him panic even if you did.

Elections is like playing football and the ball is round. :wink:

Someone ever told me, never say never in politics. Simple words but very profound words.

Many people may see Khaw as "strong" but the truth is, he is sitting on a very hot potato here in Singapore. :wink:

Goh Meng Seng

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Don't dabble into things you don't understand, e.g. football.

The ball is round? Technically yes, but how come Brazil, Italy, Germany, Argentina always win more than others if it's round?

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Don't dabble into things you don't understand, e.g. football.

The ball is round? Technically yes, but how come Brazil, Italy, Germany, Argentina always win more than others if it's round?

Win more doesn't mean always win, get it? :wink:

Goh Meng Seng