• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sinkie groom goes ahead with the wedding alone after slaps from the bride

zeroo

Alfrescian
Loyal
SFz0thI.png

新郎声称被新娘打七巴掌,结婚前一天怒斩婚事,“婚宴”照样举行,只有新郎,没有新娘,新郎席上鞠躬道歉。

《新明日报》接到消息,昨晚在圣淘沙一间五星级酒店的宴席上,仅有新郎,却不见新娘,场面非常尴尬。

据了解,婚宴上只有新郎招待宾客,完全不见新娘的踪影,而新郎也不坐在主家席上,反而与宾客同坐。另外,宴席上也留有三四个空桌,一般相信是女方宾客的席位。

记者联络上新郎刘先生(26岁),他坦言,他作出痛心的决定,在取消婚事后,让宴席照常举行。

新郎:不愿放弃这段情;新娘:我有苦衷,只掴一巴掌;怀胎已四五个月。完整报道,请翻阅30.11.2014《新明日报》。

IT WAS supposed to be a happy occasion at a wedding banquet in a five-star Sentosa hotel on Saturday night. But things turned sour and only the groom was present - there was no bride.

The groom, who called the wedding off the day before, was said to have entertained guests and was not seated at the main table with family members, but with guests, reported Shin Min Daily News yesterday.

There were also three to four empty tables, believed to be reserved for the bride's guests.

There were 12 tables in all and the groom, who wanted to be known only as Mr Liu, said about $20,000 had been spent.

The 26-year-old told Shin Min that a week before the banquet, he and his fiancee, also 26, got into an argument.

"She slapped me seven times. My shoulder and chest were also bruised by her," he said, adding that the incident upset him and his parents.

His fiancee is pregnant with his child. She told Shin Min that she is four to five months pregnant.

Mr Liu said he met her when he was in a polytechnic and claimed he waited for three years before he was able to win her heart.

After the recent argument, Mr Liu thought things through and made the painful decision to call off the wedding a day before.

"I think the problems between two people need to be worked out first before marriage. So I informed my fiancee about it. But since the wedding banquet had already been arranged, we decided to carry on with it and apologise to the guests," he said, adding that he treated it like a family gathering.

"I've donated the money from the banquet guests' red packets to charity."

Mr Liu said he had bowed in apology to guests on Saturday and read out an apology letter to seek their understanding.

His fiancee said that she had hit Mr Liu only once, and had her reasons for doing so.

"Before the wedding, he (Mr Liu) said again that our marriage would break apart because of our quarrelling. It made me very angry, so I slapped him. My nails had scratched him, but I didn't hit him seven times," she said.

She added that her future in-laws were also difficult. This posed problems for her matrimonial matters and upset her.

"I'm also pregnant so my emotions are not stable. And because of many problems that cropped up, I was very unhappy. I haven't been able to rest well for two weeks."

The fiancee also said she could not imagine that the wedding would still take place.

"He (Mr Liu) only wants my child and doesn't think about marrying me any more. Even if he wanted to, it's one-sided. His parents would not approve," she said, adding that even if she were able to mend things with the groom, the episode would leave a scar on her.

But Mr Liu claimed that he would not give up loving his fiancee even though the wedding has been called off.

"I hope to take her for counselling so that she can better control her emotions and not be so violent. I'm willing to wait for her and have our wedding ceremony," he said.

[email protected]

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
He waited 3 years to win a her heart? No wonder the marriage cannot start.. Dumbfuck sinkie men, there are so many women around.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
All sinkies who spend tens of thousands of dollars on their weddings are dumbfucks.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
All sinkies who spend tens of thousands of dollars on their weddings are dumbfucks.

Indeed, some of them borrow that money and go into debt just so Princess can be happy. :wink:

After all, marriage is a once-in-a-lifetime event... surely you can't be too parsimonious about expenses on such an important occasion. Prove your love with your wallet! :biggrin:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Indeed, some of them borrow that money and go into debt just so Princess can be happy. :wink:

After all, marriage is a once-in-a-lifetime event... surely you can't be too parsimonious about expenses on such an important occasion. Prove your love with your wallet! :biggrin:

Marriage is no longer a once-in-a-lifetime event. It should be treated just like any other temporary arrangement.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

not every Singapore woman are like that.

my wedding dinner only a 3 tables event in a private room and wedding gown + evening gown just $200 from JUST. plus the wedding photo together add up less than $3k. my wifey rather thrifty, give birth also register as subsidies patient. from pregnant to give birth, consultation to hospital charges less than $2k altogether.:biggrin:

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
Be a serial monogamist. DONT GET MARRIED UNLESS U WANNA LOSE 50% of your assets.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
from pregnant to give birth, consultation to hospital charges less than $2k altogether.:biggrin:

$2k can cover 3 hemorrhoid sutures in sg. 1 hemorrhoid scope check and suture at a clinic in jurong cost $687. cash only and no credit card accepted. you and your wife should consider yourselves lucky it's the reproductive orifice and not the other orifice. :biggrin:

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
$2k can cover 3 hemorrhoid sutures in sg. 1 hemorrhoid scope check and suture at a clinic in jurong cost $687. cash only and no credit card accepted. you and your wife should consider yourselves lucky it's the reproductive orifice and not the other orifice. :biggrin:

familee members need these types of checks. old arsehole "生孩子没屁股眼" so they need more of the above checks.

LordElrond

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
not every Singapore woman are like that.

my wedding dinner only a 3 tables event in a private room and wedding gown + evening gown just $200 from JUST. plus the wedding photo together add up less than $3k. my wifey rather thrifty, give birth also register as subsidies patient. from pregnant to give birth, consultation to hospital charges less than $2k altogether.:biggrin:

What a cheapo

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't see anything cheapo about that. If two persons come together with a common objective and function in agreement, and do what they do.

Why cant you think out of the box for such rituals.:confused:

Last time some older generation parents already clearer in their thoughts, and don't want their children to be burden with debts by having all these unnecessary facing saving stuff, if the couple chooses not to have it.

What a cheapo

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why cant you think out of the box for such rituals.:confused:

sinkies must consider themselves lucky for having choices in sg. even for void deck weddings, there are options: premium and economy.

here's a premium package. $69 per head. corrected. $50 per head was a few years ago. :o

image.jpg

Last edited:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset