• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat The Official TCSS Thread

jw5

Loyal
Can Guardiola fix Man City?

i

After half a season, It's clear: Man City's manager is seriously struggling.
The squad simply isn't up to his standards and after another heavy defeat, he now faces the toughest weeks of his managerial career.

jw5

Loyal
Man United overtake Real Madrid, Barcelona in Deloitte Money League

Manchester United are back on top of the Deloitte Football Money League for the first time since 2005 but the pound's fall against the euro means they may struggle to beat Barcelona and Real Madrid again next year.

Now in its 20th year, the Deloitte study ranks the world's richest football teams by turnover during the 2015-16 season and this year's top three of United, Barcelona and Real is the same as the first edition in 1997.

Real, who had topped the list for 11 years, were beaten to second place by their La Liga rivals by just €100,000.

United, on the other hand, have surged ahead of the pack, becoming the first football team to earn more than £500 million in a season -- the club's total revenue of £515m is almost £50m more than Barcelona and Real generated.

jw5

Loyal
Spurs show how Guardiola must adapt

i

Manchester City's project is in danger of failing unless something changes. As he searches harder for answers to the many questions he faces, Pep Guardiola can take note of weekend opponents Tottenham and their rise.

jw5

Loyal
Guardiola takes the blame

i

His players are struggling but Pep Guardiola insists the buck stops with him. Ahead of Manchester City's game with Tottenham, he wrote off his side's title chances and suggested too much has been expected of him.

jw5

Loyal
Key games this weekend:

EPL:

Man City vs Spurs (ko 1.30 am 22 Jan SG time)

Serie A:

AC Milan vs Napoli (ko 3.45 am 22 Jan SG time)

jw5

Loyal
Pep Guardiola frustrated as Man City let lead slip in draw with Spurs

MANCHESTER -- Pep Guardiola admitted he was frustrated that his Manchester City side failed to beat Tottenham Hotspur after being the better side in their 2-2 draw at the Etihad.

City missed a glut of chances in the first half before Leroy Sane and Kevin De Bruyne capitalised on two Hugo Lloris errors to put them 2-0 ahead.

But they were pegged back in the second half with Spurs scoring from their only two shots on target -- meaning that goalkeeper Claudio Bravo has now been beaten by his last six shots on target he has faced.

"We performed outstandingly -- it was a deja vu game," Guardiola told a news conference. "It was the same as Chelsea -- we created a lot but we missed a lot of chances.

"It happened against Everton at home, it happened against Chelsea. It happened in many, many games so why I can I say? The players played with heart but we didn't win.

"Except one or two games we've produced good performances this season. Tottenham -- they are a brilliant team. We were able to make a huge performance and that's why I am so so happy... maybe in the future, for this club, these games will make us stronger."

City could have had a penalty immediately before Son Heung-Min's 77th-minute equaliser when Raheem Sterling was pushed over Kyle Walker was through on goal.

The Spurs defender admitted after the game that he had pushed Sterling and Guardiola said to listen to what he said when asked about the decision not to award it.

"What did Walker say?" Guardiola said when asked about the appeal. "But it doesn't matter. We had the same argument against Chelsea but we lost because we missed a lot of chances.

"But when you score a goal the referee doesn't matter. The rules here are the rules and [referees boss] Mike Riley one day is going to explain [them] to me."

City still had chances to win the game late on and substitute Gabriel Jesus thought he had scored a late winner on his debut but the goal was rightly ruled out for offside.

Guardiola wants to take the pressure of the £27 million Brazilian striker but was impressed with him and 20-year-old winger Leroy Sane who was a constant threat to Spurs.

"Jesus has talent but alone cannot do that we have to score goals and we are not able to do that when this happens it's impossible to win," the City boss added.

"I'm so happy for the performance from Leroy it's not easy to come here and play, he was injured, I encourage him to keep going at that level he has special qualities for us I'm so happy for him."

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am no fan of Raheem Sterling but Kyle Walker should have been red carded and City awarded a penalty for that blatant foul.
Mike Riley had a terrible game but not as bad as the shocker that Hugo Lloris had.

I have some sympathy for Guardiola (but not much). :biggrin:

jw5

Loyal
I am no fan of Raheem Sterling but Kyle Walker should have been red carded and City awarded a penalty for that blatant foul.
Mike Riley had a terrible game but not as bad as the shocker that Hugo Lloris had.

I have some sympathy for Guardiola (but not much). :biggrin:

The referee was Andre Mariner. Former referee Mike Riley is now the boss of referees. :biggrin:

jw5

Loyal
Arsene Wenger is in deep shit. :biggrin:

By Mattias Karen, Arsenal correspondent
espnfc.com

Ex-referees call for lengthy ban for Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger

Former referees Keith Hackett and Graham Poll are calling for Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger to get a lengthy ban for pushing the fourth official after he was sent to the stands during Sunday's dramatic 2-1 win over Burnley.

Wenger appeared to push Anthony Taylor twice after the fourth official told the Frenchman to leave the tunnel, where he had stopped to watch Burnley's Andre Gray take an injury-time penalty.

Wenger had been sent off for protesting that decision by referee Jon Moss, even though Francis Coquelin had clearly fouled Ashley Barnes in the box.

He apologised after the game but will likely face a sanction from the FA for his actions. Hackett, a former referee who later had a spell as head of Professional Games Match Officials Ltd (PGMOL), said the governing body should make an example of the Arsenal boss.

"For the sake of every official at every level of the game the FA must throw the book at Arsene Wenger after his disgraceful behaviour on Sunday," Hackett wrote in a column for the Daily Telegraph on behalf of You Are The Ref.

"They need to send out a strong, clear message -- officials are sacrosanct and if you lay hands on them you will pay a heavy price. A one- or two-match touchline ban just won't cut it on this occasion. A slap on the wrist would tell every Sunday morning player that it's OK to abuse or physically assault officials."

He added: "What I would like to see as an absolute minimum is a six-game ban -- but a far more severe punishment than simply being banished from the touchline.

"Instead, I would like to see Wenger barred from any contact with his team once inside the stadium. UEFA regularly impose this sanction and I feel it has far more impact than a manager simply being unable to stand in the technical area."

Former Premier League referee Poll also said Wenger "must surely face a lengthy touchline ban after he inexplicably went berserk."

He wrote in his column for the Daily Mail: "Wenger and his team have benefitted from plenty of 'close calls' by officials this season and he should have remembered that and stayed calm."

Poll and Hackett also argued that Wenger was wrong to dispute the officials' decisions, saying Granit Xhaka deserved his straight red card and that the Coquelin challenge warranted a penalty.

Former referee Howard Webb, writing in The Times, agreed that Moss got those decisions right.

"Xhaka's tackle was not the worst you will ever see, but having slowed it down frame by frame, I feel it did deserve a red card," Webb wrote. "When you lunge at an opponent like that with both feet and studs showing you are asking for trouble.

"He gets nowhere near the ball and although he hits the floor first, his foot does bounce up on to Steven Defour above the ankle."

He added: "Francis Coquelin made an error when he fouled Ashley Barnes and the referee correctly gave a penalty to Burnley."

i

Webb said Wenger "will need to be dealt with for his conduct" but suggested he would recommend a more lenient approach than Hackett and Poll.

"He's not got a bad record for being sent to the stands, unlike some we can think of, who are sent off three or four times a season," he said.

"Wenger is a bit of a mardy loser when things aren't going his way, but he is certainly not the worst by any means. He gets agitated when things are going badly, but in my time he never came into the referees' room afterwards to complain."

All three said Arsenal's last-gasp penalty for the 98th-minute winner should not have been given because Laurent Koscielny was offside in the buildup.

The FA will study Moss' report from the game before making a decision on sanctions.

jw5

Loyal
Good news for Ranieri. Algeria are out of the African Nations Cup, which means Slimani and Mahrez will be returning to Leicester soon. :biggrin:

jw5

Loyal
Good news for Mourinho. Ivory Coast are out of the African Nations Cup, which means Bailly will be returning to Man Yoo soon. :biggrin:

jw5

Loyal
Good news for all Premier League managers looking for a striker. Togo are out of the African Nations Cup, which means Adebayor is free. :biggrin: