• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat The Official TCSS Thread

jw5

Loyal
The cocky English breathed a sign a relief when they avoided Portugal but I somehow feel Iceland could still do one over on them.
No point having so much possession when you can't finish off with scoring. Iceland certainly worth a punt I'd say.

Don't worry, even if England scrape past Iceland, they will have to face France in the QF. :biggrin:

jw5

Loyal
The Euro 2016 group stage is over and plenty of players have failed to shine.

i

Godin

Alfrescian
Loyal
6 of France starting lineup against Romania are from EPL - Lloris, Sagna, Koscielny, Kante, Payet and Giroud. 1 from French Ligue 1 - Matuidi (PSG). 2 from Juventus Serie A - Evra and Pogba. 2 from La Liga in Spain - Grizemann (A Madrid) and Rami (Sevilla). :biggrin:

France is another one that is overrated after Belgium.

Modric

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Croatia favourites to win Euro 2016, according to Goal readers

v8lMTG8.jpg

Ante Cacic's team will win the tournament in France, according to voting results, though the Irish believe that the Republic of Ireland can upset the odds

Goal readers have had their say and believe that Croatia will be crowned Euro 2016 champions.

Our poll results show that Ante Cacic's men are thought to be the strongest side at the tournament, claiming the 33% of votes across our international editions. The whole of Scandinavia voted for Croatia in the poll, while they also came out top in the Serbian voting.

In the UK, however, 20% of the voting went to Germany, while Croatia came second with 16% and England in third with 12%.

The French also believe that Germany will win the tournament, though Les Bleus are a close second, with Croatia in third place.

Elsewhere, results from Spain show they believe La Roja will claim their third successive European Championship, while 40% of voters in Ireland have backed the Republic to spring an almighty shock and win the tournament.

jw5

Loyal
Shaqiri levels for Switzerland

After dominating play in the second half, Switzerland are level vs. Poland. Xherdan Shaqiri's sensational overhead strike has cancelled out Jakub Blaszczykowski's opener, forcing extra time in Saint-Etienne.

i

jw5

Loyal
Switzerland vs Poland Penalty Shootout! Hurray! :rolleyes::biggrin:

Arsenal's new signing Granit Xhaka misses for Switzerland! :o

Poland are through to the quarter finals to meet either Croatia or Portugal! :biggrin:

Last edited:

jw5

Loyal
Next up: Wales vs Northern Ireland

_90089482_walessplit.jpg

Wales manager Chris Coleman and Northern Ireland boss Michael O'Neill go head-to-head at the Parc des Princes

jw5

Loyal
Northern Ireland frustrate Wales

Wales have not been able to break through Northern Ireland in Paris on Saturday. Aaron Ramsey had a goal ruled out for offside, while Welsh keeper Wayne Hennessey has been in action to keep it 0-0.

i

jw5

Loyal
Wales win after McAuley's own goal and will play either Hungary or Belgium in the quarter finals!

i

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Croatia vs Portugal starting in 5 mins.

My money is on Croatia for the win.

Final score Croatia 0 - 1 Portugal (a.e.t)

Last edited: