• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat The Official TCSS Thread

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Man Utd 0 - 1 Southampton.

DiMaria, Rooney, Van Persie, Mata, Fellaini (Falcao didn't even make it onto the team sheet!)

£200 million worth of footballing talent and they still can't get a shot on target!

Next Saturday - QPR vs Man Utd. Come on U Rssss! :biggrin:

Last edited:

Wenger

Alfrescian
Loyal
A draw is a fair result. Looks like the wheels have come off Man Utd's recovery. Both Arsenal and Southampton have a chance to leap frog them tonight.

My money's on Southampton to win.

Boss, hope u didn't put your money on Man Yoo. You shouldn't have since u picked The Saints to beat my team last week so i had expected u to support The Saints again. :biggrin:

jw5

Loyal
To THE_CHANSTER and all interested forummers:

There is only one Big Match in the BPL this weekend. Guess which Match? :biggrin:

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Of course lah, it's my team vs Man Utd.

However, I am also watching Swansea getting raped by Chelsea. Current score Swansea 0 - 4 Chelsea. LOL!

Redknapp

Alfrescian
Loyal

Redknapp laughs off sack rumours after latest QPR defeat

17 January 2015

773770header.jpg

Harry Redknapp laughed off sack rumours after QPR's 2-0 Premier League defeat to Manchester United on Saturday.

QPR manager Harry Redknapp laughed off claims his job could be under threat after their 2-0 defeat to Manchester United in the Premier League.

A 13th loss of the season extended their winless run to six games in all competitions and sees them remain in trouble in the bottom half of the table, two points above basement club Leicester City.

Reports prior to Saturday's fixture suggested defeat at Loftus Road could spell the end for Redknapp, but the 67-year-old insists he will be staying at the club.

"It's their [the owners] choice if they want to make a change," he said. "[But] because someone writes in a newspaper, suddenly everyone believes what is written.

"I spoke to Tony Fernandes this week five times and he's never mentioned anything to me, and just said what a load of nonsense.

"I don't worry. What will be, will be. We're still in amongst it.

"Okay, it was a setback today, but the bottom seven teams there is not a thing in it. It's going to be very close and I still think we've got as much of a chance as anybody."

A spirited first-half display from the strugglers was undone after 58 minutes when substitute Marouane Fellaini put United ahead, and fellow replacement James Wilson completed the win late on.

The QPR boss was disappointed to see the game slip out of his side's grasp, but was able to find the positives from yet another defeat.

"I am very pleased, I thought we worked very hard today," he added. "At half-time we were right in the game, I just felt it was important we didn't switch off, but we did and we got punished with the goal.

"Overall, I couldn't ask for more. It was one of our better home performances."

jw5

Loyal
Couple More Recommended Managerial Exchanges:

1. Man Utd and Southampton. :wink:

2. Liverpool and Arsenal. :biggrin:

Baimi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Man U draw with Cambridge 0-0 is not a bad result after all.
Chelsea 2-4 Bradford City
Man City 0-2 Middlesboro
Blackburn 3-1 Swansea
Spurs 1-2 Leicester City
Top 1st and 2nd teams in BPL beaten by lower division in FA cup.
3rd Soton beaten by Crystal Palace
4th Man U, almost.
5th Arsenal... wait and see..
6th Spurs beaten by Leicester.
7th Weat Ham and 8th Liverpool, yet to play
9th Swansea, beaten by Blackburn.
Lower teams in BPL fare better in the FA cup.

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Redknapp laughs off sack rumours after latest QPR defeat

17 January 2015

773770header.jpg

Harry Redknapp laughed off sack rumours after QPR's 2-0 Premier League defeat to Manchester United on Saturday.

QPR manager Harry Redknapp laughed off claims his job could be under threat after their 2-0 defeat to Manchester United in the Premier League.

A 13th loss of the season extended their winless run to six games in all competitions and sees them remain in trouble in the bottom half of the table, two points above basement club Leicester City.

Reports prior to Saturday's fixture suggested defeat at Loftus Road could spell the end for Redknapp, but the 67-year-old insists he will be staying at the club.

"It's their [the owners] choice if they want to make a change," he said. "[But] because someone writes in a newspaper, suddenly everyone believes what is written.

"I spoke to Tony Fernandes this week five times and he's never mentioned anything to me, and just said what a load of nonsense.

"I don't worry. What will be, will be. We're still in amongst it.

"Okay, it was a setback today, but the bottom seven teams there is not a thing in it. It's going to be very close and I still think we've got as much of a chance as anybody."

A spirited first-half display from the strugglers was undone after 58 minutes when substitute Marouane Fellaini put United ahead, and fellow replacement James Wilson completed the win late on.

The QPR boss was disappointed to see the game slip out of his side's grasp, but was able to find the positives from yet another defeat.

"I am very pleased, I thought we worked very hard today," he added. "At half-time we were right in the game, I just felt it was important we didn't switch off, but we did and we got punished with the goal.

"Overall, I couldn't ask for more. It was one of our better home performances."

He's gone. But did he walk or was he pushed?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31117098

Pavlyuchenko

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Redknapp leaves QPR

3 February 2015

782952header.jpg

Harry Redknapp has tendered his resignation and left his position as QPR manager.

QPR manager Harry Redknapp has left the club after tendering his resignation.

Redknapp took over at Loftus Road in November 2012 and, after initially overseeing their relegation to the Championship, helped the club back into the Premier League in 2014.

However, Redknapp leaves the club 19th in the top flight having lost all 11 of their away matches this term.

The 67-year-old is set to undergo knee replacement surgery in the coming weeks, with Les Ferdinand and Chris Ramsey placed in temporary charge of the team until further notice.

Redknapp said in a QPR statement: "I have had such a fantastic time at QPR. I would like to thank the board, the players and all my staff, and especially the supporters who have been absolutely fantastic to me since I arrived at the club for their tremendous support.

"Sadly I need immediate surgery on my knee which is going to stop me from doing my job in the coming weeks. It means I won't be able to be out on the training pitch every day, and if I can't give 100 per-cent I feel it’s better for someone else to take over the reins.

"My relationship with [chairman] Tony Fernandes has been one of the highlights of my footballing career and I wish the club every success. I am confident they will survive in the Premier League this year."

Chairman Fernandes added: "I would like to take this opportunity to thank Harry for everything he has done for QPR during his time in charge.

"We part on good terms and I would personally like to wish him all the best for the future."

Tim Sherwood, Glenn Hoddle and Ferdinand are among the early favourites to take over from former Tottenham boss Redknapp on a permanent basis.

QPR sit a point adift of safety and visit Sunderland in the Premier League next Tuesday.

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He may have resigned in protest over lack of funds for new signings. :wink:

Now let's see what Les Ferdinand can do. :p

There's more to this resignation than meets the eye. Fernandes had already assured him that his job was safe until the end of the season. Why quit now over a dodgy knee and one day after the transfer window has shut?

With all due respect to Les Ferdinand, he doesn't have the EPL managerial experience that QPR need. Tim Sherwood's and Glenn Hoddle's names have been mentioned but I don't think they would be good enough to save us from the drop.

Redknapp and partly Fernandes have really left us up shit creek as no self respecting manager will want to manage a team battling for relegation at this stage in the season (not to mention there's not many good candidates available anyway).

If Fernandes had given Redknapp £15 million to play around with in the Transfer Market yesterday, I don't think his knees would have forced his resignation today.

Last edited: