• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat The Official TCSS Thread

Rodgers

Alfrescian
Loyal
Newcastle third defeat in a row. Beli good... this way punters will lose confidence when deciding to back them again. :biggrin:

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Liverpool 2 - 2 Arsenal

Both these teams are drowning in the mid table mediocrity of the EPL. Neither will qualify for Europe next year.

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A very busy schedule of games in the EPL over the next few days.

The big one for me tonight is Arsenal vs QPR. With Charlie Austin in such good form, I reckon we have a good chance at the Emirates.

jw5

Loyal
Fully agree that's the big one for today. :p

A very busy schedule of games in the EPL over the next few days.

The big one for me tonight is Arsenal vs QPR. With Charlie Austin in such good form, I reckon we have a good chance at the Emirates.

TonyPulis

Alfrescian
Loyal

I am undoubtedly the best man for the job. :biggrin:

Neil Warnock sacked as manager of Crystal Palace

• Warnock is first Premier League manager sacked this season
• Manager had wanted to sign new players in January
• Exit comes after 3-1 defeat to Southampton

Neil-Warnock-012.jpg

Neil Warnock has lost his job as the manager of Crystal Palace after defeat to Southampton. Photograph: Jamie Mcdonald/Getty Images

Paul Doyle
Saturday 27 December 2014 11.55 GMT

Neil Warnock has become the first Premier League manager to be sacked this season after losing his job at Crystal Palace. The club’s owners decided to relieve the manager of his duties in the wake of the 3-1 home defeat by Southampton on Boxing Day, a result that drew boos from the Selhurst Park crowd and sent Palace tumbling into the relegation zone.

Palace’s owners had grown uneasy with their team’s performance during a miserable run of just one win in 12 matches and, although they originally intended to see how Warnock’s side fared during Sunday’s critical Premier League match at his former club Queens Park Rangers, the co-chairman Steve Parish decided after the loss to Southampton that the quicker a managerial change was made, the better.

“I slept on it, really, and just spoke to a few people and made my mind up this morning,” Parish told the Croydon Advertiser. “Neil is a great guy and he wanted to do it at Palace. It just hasn’t happened. It just wasn’t working. You always want it sorted out as soon as possible but I haven’t got anyone lined up.”

Warnock’s dismissal brings an end to a four-month tenure after he took over following Tony Pulis’s resignation on the eve of the new season. In 17 matches Warnock led the team to three wins, six draws and eight defeats. Although he maintained he would be able to reverse the downward trend if provided with a few high-quality new players during the January transfer window, the club have decided to add a new manager to their wish list.

Palace are eager to make a rapid full-time appointment and would be keen to hire a manager who is readily available. The former Tottenham Hotspur manager Tim Sherwood was interviewed for the post in the summer and may come into the reckoning again, while Chris Hughton, Dougie Freedman and Tony Popovic could also be in contention.

Hughton offers experience of steering clubs through difficultly, having brought success and stability to Newcastle United, Birmingham City and, for a while, Norwich City, although his time at Carrow Road ended unhappily as results withered and he was sacked in April, with the club just above the Premier League relegation zone.

Freedman’s last job also came to a premature end as Bolton Wanderers let him go in October following a dismal run of results. However, the Scot has a long and successful relationship with Palace, having made more than 300 appearances across two spells before serving as a reserve team and, significantly, as first-team manager, guiding the club free of relegation from the Championship in 2011. Freedman angered the Palace hierarchy when he defected to Bolton in October 2012 but his relationship with the club has been repaired since then.

Popovic, who played for Palace from 2001-06, worked as Freedman’s assistant at Selhurst Park before embarking on his own career as a No1 in his native Australia. He has twice been named A-League coach of the year, including in 2014 when his Western Sydney Wanderers side became the first Australian team to win the Asian Champions League. Wanderers are now struggling in the A-League but Popovic’s stock remains high.

Baimi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Last night game, the biggest win for Liverpool this season,
beating Swansea 4-1 with the help of one ex-Liverpool player,
Jonjo Shelvey with an own goal.

And WBA sacked Alan Irvine after 6 months in charge,
after the defeat at Stoke.
WBA best player is Berahino and why didn't he play him?
Berahino only a sub. in the last few games.

Baimi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
WBA appointed Tony Pulis
Ex Newcastle manager Chris Hughton went to Brighton
So Newcastle job will go to Tim Sherwood? or S Mc claren?