• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat The Official TCSS Thread

Wenger

Alfrescian
Loyal
Luke Shaw is not so bad but quite raw like Chambers in Arsenal, but give him a season or two I think he will improve a lot. The rest I think maybe LVG got to look to buy until McNair also becomes ready.

You have been a FLOP until your manager is unable to cover up for u anymore. :biggrin:

Van Persie under pressure after 'very bad' Arsenal game - Van Gaal

629711_heroa.jpg

By Harry Sherlock
Nov 29, 2014 09:03:00

The Netherlands international touched the ball just 13 times against Arsenal last weekend and his manager admits the striker may lose his place in the club's starting XI

Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal admits Robin van Persie is under pressure to perform, after his “very bad game” against Arsenal last weekend.

The striker touched the ball just 13 times during the 2-1 win at the Emirates and was replaced by substitute James Wilson in the second half.

Van Gaal broke his policy of speaking about individual performances ahead of United’s clash with Hull City this weekend and admitted that he replaced the Dutchman because his performance was not good enough, and added his belief that Van Persie has lost his self-confidence after a series of below-par displays.

“I also had a striker, an international striker, Mario Gomez who touched the ball nine times in matches at Bayern Munich in my time,” he told reporters.

“But I do think 13 is too few for a striker. You can count his touches of the ball but more important is how he is playing and it was a very bad game from him and that is why I changed him.

“When I change a player it is not because he is the best player on the pitch, or I would be doing something wrong.

“I believe in the players so when I change players it is normally because they are doing something not good in their performance.

“It’s a question also of confidence, maybe a question of scoring a wonderful goal at the right moment. You know how strikers are. They have to score goals. They feel like that, it’s not that I’m asking that. I have said to them you have to be at an attacking point, you have to help our team come and search for space.

“For me, it is not important who is scoring, the team have to score.”

Van Gaal also hinted that Van Persie may lose his place in his starting XI this weekend, with Wilson and a fit-again Radamel Falcao in line to take to the field against Steve Bruce’s side.

“Every player in my selection has to fight for his position,” he said.

“I shall always take the best of the players and it has to be suitable for the mix of players.”

Van Persie has scored three goals in 11 Premier League outings so far this season.

Wenger

Alfrescian
Loyal

Any difference whether Di maria is playing? :rolleyes: I can afford to lose to Southampton later today and still keep my job unlike van Gaal :biggrin:

Van Gaal: Di Maria will miss Manchester United clash with Southampton

574941_heroa.jpg

By Chris Davie
Dec 2, 2014 23:47:00

Wayne Rooney is also set for a scan on his injured knee on Wednesday, while Daley Blind is unlikely to recover from his knee problem before Christmas

Louis van Gaal admits he does not expect Angel Di Maria to be fit for Manchester United’s clash with Southampton on Monday.

The Argentina international limped out of Saturday’s 3-0 win over Hull City with a hamstring injury and subsequently missed United’s 2-1 win over Stoke City on Tuesday evening.

Wayne Rooney was also absent due to a knee problem and the forward is set to undergo a scan on Wednesday to determine his availability for United's trip to St Mary's on December 8.

"We have to wait for tomorrow to say anything about it because you never know with a knee," said Van Gaal.

"But in my opinion it is not so heavy - but I am not a doctor. We have to wait for a scan and then we will know more. Di Maria is not so heavy, but of course he shall not play against Southampton, but you never know."

Van Gaal also revealed that Daley Blind, who continues to recover from a knee injury, is unlikely to feature before Christmas.

"It is not so heavy. Christmas maybe. I think that at the end of December maybe we will see light in the tunnel [for Blind]," said Van Gaal.

United's win over Stoke was their fourth consecutive victory in the Premier League and they now sit a point behind third-placed Southampton, who travel to Arsenal on Wednesday evening.

Marouane Fellaini opened the scoring but Steven N'Zonzi pulled Mark Hughes' men level before the break. Juan Mata's free-kick secured the three points for United, and Van Gaal believes the win was well deserved, despite a sub-par display in the first half.

"I am not happy with the performance. I was not pleased with the first half. We were not so aggressive as in the last match and we want to play in the same style," said the Dutchman.

"In the second half we played much better, keep the positions, more aggressive but then you have to finish it. [James] Wilson could have finished it, Fellaini could have finished it.

"In England when it is like that you know the coach of the other team shall do something and Peter Crouch we knew in advance. It is difficult to defend long balls and a great save from [David] De Gea.

"You have to see the whole match and say there is one team that deserved it and that is Manchester United."

Wenger

Alfrescian
Loyal
Luke Shaw is not so bad but quite raw like Chambers in Arsenal, but give him a season or two I think he will improve a lot. The rest I think maybe LVG got to look to buy until McNair also becomes ready.

Even your manager admitted that beating Stoke was tough.... after spending a fortune on transfers..... and u are Manchester United :eek::biggrin:

20306572542933e82633c55695fc4112e8c675e2.jpg

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A decent performance by United. David de Gea was the MoM for me.

I find it a certain ironic that it's the players that Moyes bought (namely Fellaini and Mata) who are actually saving them from obscurity this season.

Wenger

Alfrescian
Loyal

Sanchez has done it again! Now Man Yoo are under pressure to beat Southampton. :biggrin:

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Without Sanchez Arsenal would likely be in the bottom half of the table. This guy is your best buy in many moons and the best part is that he remains injury free.

Arsene Wenger needs to go but he will not get fired by Ivan Gazidis. Any other Arsenal manager would have been fired ages ago.
He is surviving on legacy.

RubbingWarmPusi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Agree with you, notwithstanding the problems with injuries this guy has stagnated in terms of ideas, tactics and strategy. Tiki taka without a good plan B. Arsenal needs a fresh start with a good manager.

Arsene Wenger needs to go but he will not get fired by Ivan Gazidis. Any other Arsenal manager would have been fired ages ago.
He is surviving on legacy.

RubbingWarmPusi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wenger gives Arsenal almost guaranteed league fourth place, champion league spot every season. Wenger said that is like a trophy every season. :biggrin: Arsenal fans, be careful what you wish for.

This year fourth place looks increasing unlikely. It seems like the only way they can get CL football next year is to win it this year. If Sanchez gets injured they even end up out of the top 6 places and miss Europe altogether.