• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat The Official TCSS Thread

jw5

Loyal
Vardy and Sturridge to unlock Slovakia?

Roy Hodgson looks set to make some changes to the England XI vs. Slovakia. It's tough not to feel some sympathy for Harry Kane, but Jamie Vardy and Daniel Sturridge deserve a chance to show what they can do.

i

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Common to see weaker teams playing ugly to get a point if they can't spring an upset. :biggrin:

Poland, Iceland, Rep. of Ireland, Northern Ireland are doing that against strong opponents.

fortune favors the brave. they should play to win. rather lose 7-0 than win ugly 1-0. :biggrin:

jw5

Loyal
There are locals pundits who actually believe that 0 - 0 scoreline is kelong. :eek: Now trending :biggrin:

This scoreline is only kelong if it suits both teams equally to draw the game. England obviously wanted to beat Slovakia to qualify top of the group, hence it is not kelong. :biggrin:

jw5

Loyal
Germany have something to prove

After the 0-0 draw with Poland, world champions Germany bristled at criticism. But they must improve for them to answer their critics, beginning with their final Group C game against Northern Ireland.

i

jw5

Loyal
Gomez starts for Germany

Mario Gomez starts a competitive match for Germany for the first time since 2012. Germany play their final Group C game against Northern Ireland, while Poland can push for top spot with a win over Ukraine.

i

ArseneWenger

Alfrescian
Loyal
This scoreline is only kelong if it suits both teams equally to draw the game. England obviously wanted to beat Slovakia to qualify top of the group, hence it is not kelong. :biggrin:

In the group stage table rankings, Croatia looks down on Spain and Wales looks down on England :biggrin:

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
3 qualify from 4 is not a bad idea. more games, more revenues. and every team gets a decent shot at the next round. even the likes of Albania. :biggrin:

jw5

Loyal
3 qualify from 4 is not a bad idea. more games, more revenues. and every team gets a decent shot at the next round. even the likes of Albania. :biggrin:

It's not exactly 3 qualify from 4, only the 4 best 3rd placed finishers will qualify for the last 16, i.e. the top 2 from the 6 groups + the 4 best 3rd placed finishers = 16. :biggrin:

jw5

Loyal
Ronaldo and the Group of Life

Group F looked like an afterthought, but now has emerged as the most mystifying. You can thank Portugal's Cristiano Ronaldo for that. His struggles mean that the group is wide open and there for the taking.

i

jw5

Loyal
Ronaldo, Portugal seek top spot

Group F is up for grabs as Hungary face Portugal and Iceland meet Austria.
Hungary are through and the others can all reach the last 16. Cristiano Ronaldo plays his 17th European Championship game, which sets a record.

i

jw5

Loyal
Qualified for Round of 16: Belgium, Croatia, England, France, Germany, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Poland, Switzerland, Spain, Wales

Best third placed teams to qualify: Northern Ireland, Portugal, Republic of Ireland, Slovakia

Eliminated: Albania, Austria, Czech Republic, Romania, Russia, Sweden, Turkey, Ukraine

Round of 16

Saturday, June 25
Switzerland vs. Poland -- Saint-Etienne (3 p.m. CET/9 a.m. ET, ESPN)
Wales vs. Northern Ireland -- Paris (6 p.m. CET/12 p.m. ET, ESPN)
Croatia vs. Portugal -- Lens (9 p.m. CET/3 p.m. ET, ESPN)

Sunday, June 26
France vs. Ireland -- Lyon (3 p.m. CET/9 a.m. ET, ESPN)
Germany vs. Slovakia -- Lille (6 p.m. CET/12 p.m. ET, ESPN)
Hungary vs. Belgium -- Toulouse (9 p.m. CET/3 p.m. ET, ESPN)

Monday, June 27
Italy vs. Spain -- Saint-Denis (6 p.m. CET/12 p.m. ET, ESPN2)
England vs. Iceland -- Nice (9 p.m. CET/3 p.m. ET, ESPN2)

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
McGovern was simply brilliant against Germany. Hard to believe he is now a free agent. I'm sure they be no shortage of European clubs interested in him after the tournament.

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The cocky English breathed a sign a relief when they avoided Portugal but I somehow feel Iceland could still do one over on them.
No point having so much possession when you can't finish off with scoring. Iceland certainly worth a punt I'd say.