• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Manchester United Season 2011-12

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
If both CL semi is anything to go by, Fergie has to infuse fresh legs into the team that will face City. After the meltdown at OT, they will adapt and resort to a soak and strike strategy. Here's my best eleven:

DG
Jones Vidic Ferdinand Smalling
Valencia Carrick Scholes Giggs Nani
Rooney (lone striker)

I suspect he will stick with the team that played Everton with Giggs replacing Scholes and Jones for Rafael. Mancini will play Adam Johnson either at the start or at some point when the legs get weary. If that happens, I predict a 3-0 in favor of City.

I'd prefer Owen as the lone striker as Rooney showed signs of fatigue in the past few games.

Last edited:

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Rafael paying price for lax defending

RAFAEL is set to pay the price for the game which left Manchester United’s title hopes in the balance.
The Brazilian full-back, 21, had a torrid time in Sunday’s 4-4 draw with Everton and failed to track Steven Pienaar’s run for the late equaliser.

United boss Sir Alex Ferguson was ready to bring Chris Smalling into the line-up, yet opted to stick with Rafael.

And Old Trafford sources have revealed Fergie was furious with himself for not making the change.

The draw left rivals Manchester City within three points, and a better goal difference, ahead of Monday’s Etihad derby.

Now Smalling will kick off against City as Fergie shores up a backline that was breached SIX times by City in October.

United’s chief feels 6ft 4in Smalling’s extra height could help against City.

He also offers more defensive stability than Rafael.

Jonny Evans will carry on as Rio Ferdinand’s defensive partner while Wayne Rooney and Danny Welbeck are sure to remain up front.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4277223/Rafael-to-pay-price-for-sloppy-defending-in-4-4-draw-with-Everton.html

************************************************************************************************************************

Rafael was bad but so were the two center backs. Evans gave Fellaini so much room to volley and he allowed the tall clumsy Belgian time and space to turn around and pick up Pienaar for the equalizer. Methinks Man U must get Rafael, Fabio and Evans to sit for IQ test.

jw5

Loyal
Rafael paying price for lax defending
Rafael was bad but so were the two center backs. Evans gave Fellaini so much room to volley and he allowed the tall clumsy Belgian time and space to turn around and pick up Pienaar for the equalizer. Methinks Man U must get Rafael, Fabio and Evans to sit for IQ test.

It's about time that Rafael gets replaced....................
Evans should try to play more like Vidic (combative and aggressive) and less like Ferdinand (ball playing "cool and composed" aka yayapapaya)

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's about time that Rafael gets replaced....................
Evans should try to play more like Vidic (combative and aggressive) and less like Ferdinand (ball playing "cool and composed" aka yayapapaya)

lest you forgot, Evans tried and got himself sent off in the 6-1 humiliation.

i think the task is simple - avoid a defeat.

just bear this in mind and frustrate Man C - like what happened to them against Arsenal.

get balotelli to foul up with red card or something.

tevez and david silva are dangerous partners. and I fear even with Smalling, Man U is no match.

even against 10 man in their FA cup, they got a scare of their life when Man C fought back. So 11 against 11? Tough especially Man C knows they have the upper hand.

I hope Nani don't play, he is unstable, hot & cold, cannot expect to deliver when needed. Valencia is more stable & trusted.

Welbeck & Rooney can start.

Carrick can count himself lucky that he has to start because Fergie has no one better. Otherwise, he is quite crappy.

Against Everton, its the obvious error of defenders of going to sleep. Fuck, Ferdinand shld go in the transfer window.

jw5

Loyal
Against Everton, its the obvious error of defenders of going to sleep. Fuck, Ferdinand shld go in the transfer window.

Agree with the above. The problem could also be partly that Ferdinand likes to fark too much.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
I dun think Mancini will include Balo in the first eleven. He will bring him on if the game remains a stalemate after the first 45 minutes. The hot head is too much of a risk. With the quality and choice they have on the bench, this game looks like its over even before the first kick. Kolarov will start and he will probably be given the task to take free kicks and shoot on sight.

I just have this feeling that Fergie will settle for this back 4. Jones on the right, Smalling and Evans to assist Evra on the left. Carrick to play deep in defence shielding the back 4. Valencia to assist Jones on the left, Scholes/Park in the center with Ryan Giggs and Nani. Rooney will be the lone striker. Roon played that role last season with great success. He will bring on Welbeck if United concedes and revert to an attacking 4-4-2 formation. Hernandez could potentially come on as he did in the Everton game.

Fergie will likely replace Nani or Valencia if they're off their game and bring in our Super Diver Ashley Young. He will probably have a word with Young and tell him to forget everything he said the other day.:biggrin:

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
United should test Barca's resolve to keep Ibrahim Afelay. He is an exciting prospect and it won't break our kitty for sure. If we're stuck with peanuts, we might as well get monkeys that can perform just a bag of tricks. Afelay is no monkey though and he can potentially be the next rising star in EPL.

jw5

Loyal
United should test Barca's resolve to keep Ibrahim Afelay. He is an exciting prospect and it won't break our kitty for sure. If we're stuck with peanuts, we might as well get monkeys that can perform just a bag of tricks. Afelay is no monkey though and he can potentially be the next rising star in EPL.

Based on news reports, it appears that RVP may be trying to recruit him for Arsenal.
Was spotted meeting him at the Barca team hotel.
But he can't seem to break into Barca's first team.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Based on news reports, it appears that RVP may be trying to recruit him for Arsenal.

SAF should take the risk despite his handful of games for the club. He should just stop listening to Queiroz for once and go with the Moroccan.

jw5

Loyal
SAF should take the risk despite his handful of games for the club. He should just stop listening to Queiroz for once and go with the Moroccan.

Isn't Afellay a Dutch international?
Queiroz was the one who recommended Bebe.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Isn't Afellay a Dutch international?
Queiroz was the one who recommended Bebe.

Yup, just check his data. He was born in Holland. I was a bit surprised that he's already 26 which means he's good for only one long term contract and by which time his shelf life would be over and possibly no resale value. That explains. Quick feet though and an exciting player. We just dun have that type of player since Ronaldo left. Bro, dun remind me of Bebe. I have never seen anyone so bad before in my life???

For the record Queiroz wasn't the one who recommended Ron, another reason why Fergie should not listen to him otherwise we'll end up with all the portuguese duds in our team.

I am watching Newcastle being hammered by Wigan 4-0 and counting. Unbelievable!:biggrin:

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal

Barca owes Arse a second tranche for the transfer of Cesc earlier this season. If they win LaLiga, that payment will follow. Now that that Laliga and CL is behind them, Barca may have given Arse the first option to buy the players on their transfer list. I do not know if Afellay is on that list but it seems odd that he hardly played despite being the most impressive among the 'new' faces that Pep has introduced so far.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Worse scenario, we lose 3pts lead - down to wire with last 2 encounters. Pundits have blue side on, not made any easier at Etihad.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
If they lose this game, they will lose title for sure. Dun think Newcastle can stop city in their next game, much less QPR.

jw5

Loyal
Barca owes Arse a second tranche for the transfer of Cesc earlier this season. If they win LaLiga, that payment will follow. Now that that Laliga and CL is behind them, Barca may have given Arse the first option to buy the players on their transfer list. I do not know if Afellay is on that list but it seems odd that he hardly played despite being the most impressive among the 'new' faces that Pep has introduced so far.

Watched Barca's youth team play in a meaningless champions league group game and they were fantastic.
Same style of play as the normal first team. Really talented bunch. They won't really need Affelay.

The BPL player Man Utd should get is Victor Moses.
Chicharito can teach him how to finish, Rooney can teach him how to pass, Welbeck can teach him movement off the ball.
He will teach them all how to dribble.

jw5

Loyal
Tonight's game on Mio Stadium will have additional sparks, Roy Keane will join John Dykes in the studio.
Don't forget Andy Townsend will also be there.
May be sparks, I recall that Andy was on Mick McCarthy's side over the Rep Of Ireland world cup incidents.
Keano will be fiery, whatever.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tonight's game on Mio Stadium will have additional sparks, Roy Keane will join John Dykes in the studio.
Don't forget Andy Townsend will also be there.
May be sparks, I recall that Andy was on Mick McCarthy's side over the Rep Of Ireland world cup incidents.
Keano will be fiery, whatever.

They'd better put a leash on him or a muzzle. Just let him nod for answers otherwise you'll have a free flow of swearing and expletives. Happy hour time.:biggrin:

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i am not hoping for Man U win...no sir, not possible.

with tension so high - I will be surprised if the match finish with 22 on the field.

A draw & I will say we are lucky.

And we will have decent chance of lifting the trophy. Sunderland away on the last day is a tricky tricky tie. Martin O'neil is a good manager. Not a push-over.

Swansea can take to win. They are safe & nothing to play for.

Back on Man C side. Certainly hope Newcastle can make a stern examination - they are fucking weak against Wigan - I can only explain that Wigan is hungrier. But at St James Park, I certainly hope they can give a better showing - err..r they out of CL qualification already?

I hope Fergie dun play Park, I don't see any value in playing him. He is a headless chicken. Speed against speed? Don't even think of it. We are no match for speed. Man against man, Man C have the advantage.

A draw I say.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Borussia Dortmund chief Zorc accepts Man Utd target Shinji Kagawa wants out

Submitted by tribalfootball.com on Mon, 04/30/2012 - 08:10

Borussia Dortmund feel Shinji Kagawa will move to Manchester United this summer.

Dortmund want £5million for the 23-year-old but United are still to finalise a decision.

Dortmund director of sport Michael Zorc said: "I spoke to Shinji and his advisor last week and to date he is not willing to extend his contract.

"We have a Plan A and B and we will follow one of them. We won’t gamble, but he has a specific career plan and he plans to play in England.

"We have to accept that, even if we don’t find it good."
************************************************************************************************************
If it"s true, Park is on his way out this summer.

Last edited: