• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Manchester United Season 2011-12

DerMannschaft

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Nah, Nasri is laughing all the way to the bank. He gets 3-4times more than he would at Arsenal and his team is ahead of his former club. That is not a bad deal I must say.:biggrin:

Yes but Arsenal club, fans and the media will have a field day digging at the deflectors. :biggrin:

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
lady luck smiling on Man U. Penalty undeserved given against QPR.
Against QPR, i sense even if the penalty is not given, they will concede sooner or later.
Welbeck losing his form, likewise for Chicarito, why on earth didn't play Owen? Thot he fit liao? And Berbatov - he is condemned liao?
I think we can afford to lose at Man C even and keep the title if we can win all the rest. Esp since Balotelli has now gone. Left only tevez...
Penaty was a god-send. Neither did we make overwhelming possion (75/25 in many stages) and numerical advantage count.

Yeah, why is Fergie keeping faith on Wellback fellow (with lousy sense of gravity, he and his flip flops)? On balance, even Chicharito and Berbi would have been a good bet. And out of wage Owen may have given a run for his money too.

Hopefully, at least a derby draw would bury the blue (wrong) side of Manchester.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Rafael needs a slap on the head. He almost nullify our numerical advantage with silly,reckless challenges.

Yes, Welbeck and Hernandez are out of form and SAF should look to Owen to give them a lift upfront. If we win the next three, it will most certainly be the 20th title. Our only weakness at this stage of the race is complacency. You can count on some of the players and possibly the manager to do just that.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i think fergie has his fingers burnt enough this season to lapse into that - against blackburn, basel, crystal palace.

i have a feeling, they may 'give water' to Wigan this mid-week...and Park & others may figure.

whatever happen to Nani - is he injured?

David Luiz

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

169856_thumb.jpg

Scholes provides midfield majesty to tee up 20th title for Manchester United
The 37-year-old starred and scored as Sir Alex Ferguson's side pulled eight points clear of Manchester City on Sunday with a 2-0 win over QPR at Old Trafford

David Luiz

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Scholes to accept Sir Alex Ferguson's offer of another season at Manchester United - report

The veteran midfielder has been in impressive form since coming out of retirement back in January and is reportedly ready to commit to the 2012-13 campaign

Apr 10, 2012 11:22:00 AM

177877hp2.jpg

Manchester United midfielder Paul Scholes is set to accept an offer from Sir Alex Ferguson to play on for another season at Old Trafford, according to The Times.

The 37-year-old scored the second goal in a 2-0 win over QPR on Sunday to cap an excellent all-round performance which was praised by his manager and team-mates alike.

United have only dropped two points in 12 games since Scholes returned in January – a run which has seen them overhaul Manchester City and open up an eight-point gap at the top of the table.

The report states that the former England star is now ready to accept an offer from Sir Alex to continue playing next season, while midfield partner Michael Carrick is convinced he can carry on.

Carrick said: "His performances, having come straight back into the team, have been amazing. He has just carried on and I’m sure he has got a lot more games left in him yet."

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its the Scholes-Carrick partnership that is pivotal to United's resurgence. Maybe the club can do an encore and asked Scholes to take a 6 month break and return in January 2013.:biggrin:

Scholes -Giggs is United's version of the formidable Xavi-Iniesta partnership. The only difference is Barca has Messi and we've got the magnificent VALENCIA!!!!

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
i think fergie has his fingers burnt enough this season to lapse into that - against blackburn, basel, crystal palace.

i have a feeling, they may 'give water' to Wigan this mid-week...and Park & others may figure.

whatever happen to Nani - is he injured?

He's back in training, I think he will play tomorrow.

If he plays Nani,I think Jones will play right back. Park looks certain to start and that should give Scholes a much needed break.I dun think Fergie will play Young so I'd expect Giggs/Nani on left or Nani/Valencia on right. Smalling to take the place of Rio and Hernandez over Welbeck.

The fixtures are a bit tight this week so we can expect many changes.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yet another un-inspiring 1, notwithstanding the controversial corner. RA predicted correctly we'd likely koyak at DW.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
They look defeated even before the game started. Some of the players look terribly jaded. It's time Fergie plays Owen. As usual Carrick looks like a headless chicken without Scholes. Giggs was awful and simply could not orchestrate any meaningful attacks from midfield. They should leave Hernandez out of the team and the subs bench. What happen to Park?

They will get into trouble if they dun beat Villa this weekend. The home tie against Swansea is by no means an easy one. Swansea is an attacking outfit and they are many times better than Wigan.

jw5

Loyal
What a shambles.
Bunch of overpaid leggy laggards.
Even the goal difference has been reversed by 5 in one day.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
honestly, not surprising that Man U lost.

complacency setting in. They can take Aston Villa, McLeish is getting closer to be sacked.

Swansea also can take.

think the title is poised on 30 Apr. Win it & be declared winner. Lose it, they still have 2 point lead. down to wire.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
We have a very thin squad with very little options. Can't complain about Man U 's lost as I made some kopi money from it. The signs were since October/November that their form was on a steep decline after such a promising pre-season campaign. IMHO it appears to be bottoming out.

Come Sunday, Mcleish will employ a strategy that will ensure they will not lose. A draw will be a good result for Villa. After all they are 4 points ahead of Wigan and QPR with a game in hand. If United are to beat them, they will have to work on set pieces or get those bums to shoot from the perimeter. I simply cannot understand why they are not doing it. Sigh....:mad:

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Blackburn fans who apologized to the manager for the 'premature' call for his resignation some weeks ago may want to take it back. They are doomed.

Champions like Barca and Dortmund came from behind to beat their opponents. Hopefully United will do the same tonight.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Young is fast gaining a reputation for diving.:( Fergie should sort it out before he gets sent off for simulation. To be fair though there was contact but the manner in which he fell over was nothing short of spectacular.

At any rate, we're inching our way to the finish line. There was alot more urgency and the passing was generally good. I hope they can maintain the momentum and see off Everton on Sunday. Moyes will do us a favor if he fields the same players who played in the FA Cup semi.