• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Manchester United Season 2011-12

jw5

Loyal
I thot he took Evans out becos he picked up an early yellow card. Evans will cave in if under pressure. Smalling and Jones 'illness' was probably due to too much partying. What can I say about Ferdinand-back ache,balls ache-KNN! Keane should tell this fella to 'wake up his idea'. He picks the most opportune time to stay out of the game.

You said it bro-lucky it was just Wigan. I can't believe Wigan is playing in the Premiership.

Won't be surprising if Ferdinand's aches are as a result of screwing around too much.
He should go and do yoga with Giggsy.

He is the first player who should be unloaded because he is so unreliable fitness wise.
Play wise, he is not that great either, his yayapayaya attitude frequently gets the defence in trouble.

jw5

Loyal
Now, why on earth he sell O'shea?

O'Shea was also picking up loads of injuries and he was deteriorating as a player.
Hasn't been good for Sunderland this season.
On the other hand, he is a useful utility player who can play different positions in defence and midfield.
I would have kept him and only sold Brown.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
we are lucky and definitely helped along by the referee...2 dubious decisions cost Wigan the game.

To be fair to Wigan, they drew Chelsea and Liverpool. ......................................................................

Now, why on earth he sell O'shea?

O'Shea was missing for one entire season before he returned playing again. The assessment of his injury must be serious enough for Fergie to offload the player. Fergie was personally involved with the transfer of Brown and O'Shea to Sunderland and they were landed 5 year contracts. Ka-ching!

I wonder if the transfer of ex-Man Utd players had anything to do with Steve Bruce's sacking besides the poor run of results.

jw5

Loyal
It never rains but it pours!!!!
Article from espnsoccernet.

Smalling ruled out for three months?
December 30, 2011

Manchester United's injury problems are showing no signs of abating, with fears raised that defender Chris Smalling has been struck down with glandular fever.

Red Devils manager Sir Alex Ferguson confirmed Smalling missed the Boxing Day win over Wigan on account of illness and it is being claimed that the problem is glandular fever - which could sideline the 22-year-old defender for three months.

There has been no confirmation from United, but Ferguson is expected to field questions on the subject at his press conference on Friday.

Glandular fever has flu-like symptoms which generally persist for around a fortnight, but medical opinion advises against vigorous exercise for at least two months afterwards.

Ferguson is already without long-term injury victim Nemanja Vidic, while Jonny Evans damaged a calf on Boxing Day. Darren Fletcher, Ashley Young, Tom Cleverley, Anderson, Fabio da Silva and Michael Owen are also out and it remains to be seen if the latest setback, if confirmed, will force Ferguson into the transfer market.

jw5

Loyal
Hehehe, false alarm, Fergie clarified at his press conference that Smalling has tonsilities and not glandular fever........................ :o

Last edited:

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
No diff bro. They got farked by Blackburn today. When the manager is complacent, you'd expect the rest to follow. What a farce!!!

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson pointed the finger at his defence for the shock 3-2 home defeat to bottom club Blackburn Rovers.

"Ferguson told ESPN: "We never expected that. We've lost two terrible goals in the game, and we can't do that in a game like this." "

Ferguson praised a resilient Blackburn side, adding: "They've defended for their lives."

The Scot claimed his players had struggled on a heavy pitch.

"I think they found the speed of the pitch not so good, it was really heavy rain all week and it made the pitch really boggy."

Ferguson admitted when United got back to 2-2 he thought they would take the victory.

"I thought at that point we were set to win it," he said.

"We've got injuries at the moment but we had to take a gamble on Anderson's fitness. He did his best."

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/ferguson-blames-man-utd-defence-blackburn-defeat-2590821
*************************************************************************************************************

Old fart had the arrogance and temerity to blame defenders for the costly defeat.Well, he thot he could get away with Blackburn as he did with Wigan by picking just any starting eleven and playing them out of position. WTF was Rafael doing in midfield?Welbeck was struggling to play constructive football from the midfield position and what can I say about Nani? That idiot didn't put in a decent cross all night from open play.
When we have Berba-Hernandez,Nani-Park with a makeshift defence, we are asking for trouble. Nevermine De Gea, that bumbling clown!:mad:

chobolan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Sunday 1st January 2012

729380_33_preview.jpg

United reiterate Rooney omission

Manchester United were still sticking to their story that Wayne Rooney missed Saturday's League defeat by Blackburn through injury rather than disciplinary reasons.

Rooney was not even selected as a substitute for the shock 3-2 defeat, despite Sir Alex Ferguson being forced to name five untested youngsters on the bench. Instead, the 26-year-old watched the match from an executive box, along with Darron Gibson, who has been mentioned along with Rooney, and currently injured defender Jonny Evans, in relation to a night out that took place on Boxing Day, after the 5-0 win over Wigan.

It has been reported by the Mail on Sunday that Sir Alex Ferguson got wind of the night out, ordered the players to do extra training on Wednesday, which was supposed to be their day off, then told them they would not be involved on Saturday. Rooney and Gibson are reported to have trained in the morning before heading to Old Trafford to see their team-mates fail to assume top spot in the Premier League, as had been anticipated.

The implications of what has been reported could be major for United, and in particular Rooney's relationship with Ferguson. However, whilst Red Devils officials were aware of the story circulating on Ferguson's 70th birthday, there was no official response. Instead, the club's website continued to report the statement Ferguson made about Rooney's surprise absence to ESPN prior to kick off.

"Wayne hasn't trained well this week, he's missed a few days and we're hoping that he trains today, tomorrow and, by Wednesday, he should be okay. It's little strains here and there." Those words suggest the initial fall-out would be limited to a single game, with Rooney - and possibly Gibson, who made his first start of the season against Wigan as United faced a chronic injury list - set to be included at Newcastle in midweek, and the FA Cup tie at Manchester City next weekend.

However, it has not been forgotten Rooney requested a transfer last season amid fears about United's long-term future, only to be eventually talked round and then end the season as a Premier League winner and a goalscorer in the Champions League final.

jw5

Loyal
Old fart had the arrogance and temerity to blame defenders for the costly defeat.Well, he thot he could get away with Blackburn as he did with Wigan by picking just any starting eleven and playing them out of position. WTF was Rafael doing in midfield?Welbeck was struggling to play constructive football from the midfield position and what can I say about Nani? That idiot didn't put in a decent cross all night from open play.
When we have Berba-Hernandez,Nani-Park with a makeshift defence, we are asking for trouble. Nevermine De Gea, that bumbling clown!:mad:

It's the birthday ah pek's fault!

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Man Utd vs Blackburn.

farking disgrace....lost to cellar-dweller. But what is new? Man U has a habit of losing to cellar dweller before claiming the crown....wolves last season? But that was away...to lose at home and ship 3 goals is a fucking disgrace, regardless injury or not. A team with stature of Man U just cannot do that.

ok, back to the game....i lay the blame squarely on David De Gea, he should be stuck in the cooler for extended period to wake up. Against Wigan, we are firing on all cylinders, we have a make shift defence but we don't have De Gea in goal ! Lindegaard play with confidence and he is always smiling, like he is enjoying the game...most importantly, he does not commit comical mistakes.

First Blackburn goal, ok, penalty -these are 50-50, no blame to goalie.
Second goal, fucking De Gea didn't guard his near post. Inexcusable.
Third goal, De Gea is not a shortie, but why he was left flapping and miss the high ball to allow the header? they ought to know Samba is gonna be a handful, why didn't he then punch the ball?

And to play makeshift defence for 2 games is pushing luck too far. coming up, away to Newcastle, if Carrick is playing defence again, i fear its gonna be another banana skin.

Lucky Man C also succumb to another freak result. But turn around, Tottenham is coming up with a game in hand.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
I dun know why Lindegaard did not play. He was doing so well between the post. That Spanish idiot ought to be given a slap or two on the head before he comes around. Personally, I much prefer Lind as he appear to command the the six yard area better than De Gea.

The penalty conceded was also a joke. What was Berba thinking? I think he was trying desperately to draw the referee's attention to give a penalty not once but twice in the first 45 mins. Samba was in a position that could hardly be called threatening and for a moment I thot Berba was gonna ripped Samba's Jersey and farked him.

Jones was not himself and Nani was probably thinking about a wild New Year's party that evening and his adrenaline was definitely pumping-it went into overdrive!! All his crosses were over hit or went sky high.

David Luiz

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I dun know why Lindegaard did not play. He was doing so well between the post. That Spanish idiot ought to be given a slap or two on the head before he comes around. Personally, I much prefer Lind as he appear to command the the six yard area better than De Gea.

Poor Lindegaard. He is so desperate for first team action that you often find him speaking to the press praising SAF and the club. :biggrin:

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The penalty conceded was also a joke. What was Berba thinking? I think he was trying desperately to draw the referee's attention to give a penalty not once but twice in the first 45 mins. Samba was in a position that could hardly be called threatening and for a moment I thot Berba was gonna ripped Samba's Jersey and farked him.

Jones was not himself and Nani was probably thinking about a wild New Year's party that evening and his adrenaline was definitely pumping-it went into overdrive!! All his crosses were over hit or went sky high.

i noticed that nani cannot play on the left flanks, he is more effective on the right.

but that is the spot occupied by Valencia during the game with Blackburn.

He is more effective on the right.

Ashley Young still injured or what?

The problem regarding David De Gea is that he is a marquee signing and fergie feels obliged to play him now and then...maybe he feels he is still an unpolished gem? But hell, Lindegaard is playing well, he shld be played...for all you know, he might turn up to be the next great Dane.

I am surprised Berba is guarding Samba, maybe because only he can match his build and power? Usually defenders mark strikers and vice versa? But Samba is all over Berba, which is why he gave away a penalty...

but having said that, he atoned with 2 goals. If we had not conceded another 2 stupid goals, we would have won 2-1.

Last edited:

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think for Fergie, I don't know what weed he is smoking. But please don't delude himself that this squad is capable of winning anything this season.

please for god-sake go sign at least a central defender.

how long does he want to play with Ferdinand whose back is propped up by sticks, Evans who is blowing hot & cold, Jones- the only decent signing around and Smalling?

You cannot be just having Smalling - Jones...you need Smalling to play right back sometimes because Rafael is a bit kukoo...

So, you only have one established Jones.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
RA, bloody right to have egg on our faces (in OT some more!). More galling to have SMS by a London Spurs fan "happy new year from Kean!) kns. 2X with makeshift defense is stretching arse luck. To do this at Toon town thurs morning would be suicide.

Let's bury our noisy neighbors this sun. But no looking at gift horse after their godsend loss

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Poor Lindegaard. He is so desperate for first team action that you often find him speaking to the press praising SAF and the club. :biggrin:
He shows more enthusiasm that the Spanish bloke. In fact you could see the disappointment when United conceded the third goal.

Ashley Young still injured or what?

The problem regarding David De Gea is that he is a marquee signing and fergie feels obliged to play him now and then...maybe he feels he is still an unpolished gem? But hell, Lindegaard is playing well, he shld be played...for all you know, he might turn up to be the next great Dane.

I am surprised Berba is guarding Samba, maybe because only he can match his build and power? Usually defenders mark strikers and vice versa? But Samba is all over Berba, which is why he gave away a penalty...

but having said that, he atoned with 2 goals. If we had not conceded another 2 stupid goals, we would have won 2-1.

Ashley is injured and I dun know when Cleverley will return. Yes, you're right-defenders mark strikers and vice versa at the opposite end. One of the three stooges must have drummed the instruction to track Samba if he's anywhere near the goal area. He did it with such 'aplomb' that the referee had no choice but to give the spot kick. Berba, surprisingly is playing well and he's running into open spaces to create goal scoring opportunities.
Besides our central defenders, the other problem is our 'limp' midfield and Park was the point man bridging defence and attack. They brought on Andersonto give the midfield a bit more pace and purpose and relegate Rafael to right back(the only right decision made). Rafael was clueless for the first 45.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i challenge Fergie to ditch De Gea and stick Lindegard in goal for the next 2 matches.

If i dun recall wrongly, with Lindegard playing, Man U hasn't lost a match - EPL or what.