• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Manchester United Season 2011-12

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Another new season with promising young players, although I feel we still need an experience midfielder, come Sneijder!!!!

jw5

Loyal
Out so far: VDS, Scholes, Neville, Hargreaves, O'Shea, Brown

In so far: De Gea, Welbeck, Cleverly, Jones, Young

The young players looked outstanding in the second half of the community shield. Carrick is in danger of losing his place.
Berbatov should go, he is behind Rooney, Hernandez and Welbeck, and keeping Macheda back. He could be 6th choice even behind Owen. :o
De Gea looked a little nervous but he should improve, his handling and shot stopping are good.

Frankly, I don't think Wesley at 27 yo, 35 million pounds and 200K pounds a week will be a good buy.
He's injury prone and not good at chasing for the ball which is needed in BPL, albeit a great passer and playmaker.
He will not be able to provide the energy that Man Utd played with in the second half with Anderson, Cleverly, Rooney, Nani, Young, Welbeck, etc.

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Another new season with promising young players, although I feel we still need an experience midfielder, come Sneijder!!!!

Good to know that there are many MU supporters here. Supported them for the past 15 years. Now they clearly need a playmaker to boss the midfield area and to split open the opponent's defense. How many such players are there who can do both jobs? I would personally love Iniesta to be playing that role.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pre season form was very encouraging. De Gea appeared unsettled and wasn't really concentrating when he conceded both goals in the community shield. If he is to improve, Fergie has to play him as first choice keeper.

Agree that Wesley may not be a good buy at age 27 and at a running cost of 190,000 pounds a week. I've seen him played for REAL and Ajax and thot he was a damn freakin' selfing player. Having said that I think they may still need a playmaker with Scholes passing ability. Forget Gibson!!!!

Anderson for all his gift and brilliance can be very unpredictable.Cleverley is turning out to be a promising midfielder.

If they play the way they did in the Community Shield, I am certain they will lift some silverware this season.

jw5

Loyal
Agree that Wesley may not be a good buy at age 27 and at a running cost of 190,000 pounds a week. I've seen him played for REAL and Ajax and thot he was a damn freakin' selfing player. Having said that I think they may still need a playmaker with Scholes passing ability. Forget Gibson!!!!

Anderson for all his gift and brilliance can be very unpredictable.Cleverley is turning out to be a promising midfielder.

If they play the way they did in the Community Shield, I am certain they will lift some silverware this season.

Wesley will be good in the champions league where the tempo is slow and they play keep ball while the opponents defend deep.
He can find the killer pass.
But the tempo and physicality of the BPL could be too much for him.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Seriously, I was hoping Man U can buy Vaart when Real released him at that time, he's more suitable as a playmaker for Man U. Man U needs a playmaker and a combative defensive midfielder, then its perfect man. Dun like Carrick, Anderson not consistent, non existent most of the time.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wesley will be good in the champions league where the tempo is slow and they play keep ball while the opponents defend deep.
He can find the killer pass.
But the tempo and physicality of the BPL could be too much for him.

Past Dutch masters that have played in the English league such as Arnold Muhren,Bergkamp,RVN, Marc Overmars and most recently Van Der Vaart have shown that they can adapt to the physical rigours and tempo of the English game.
If they set the precedent of paying a British record for Wesley's services, wage cost will likely spiral out of control and do the club in.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Seriously, I was hoping Man U can buy Vaart when Real released him at that time, he's more suitable as a playmaker for Man U. Man U needs a playmaker and a combative defensive midfielder, then its perfect man. Dun like Carrick, Anderson not consistent, non existent most of the time.

They need a playmaker, a leader in midfield and you are right Anderson is way too inconsistent. The way the young players responded in the CS game leaves plenty of hope that we may yet witness the best Man U team ever.:biggrin:

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Man Utd this season should aim to avoid relegation, that's all.................

in champions league, better pray don't play Barca or Real................otherwise, kana massacred and crucified.......

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Man Utd this season should aim to avoid relegation, that's all.................

in champions league, better pray don't play Barca or Real................otherwise, kana massacred and crucified.......
LOL, I would love Man U to meet Real, wanna see Vidic hack off that peacock's legs, LOL

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Community Shield victory is more Man City's carelessness than Man Utd's brillance.

Especially concerned how they can ship two goals. Like the commentator said, De Gea shld have came for the ball or at least put his body when the free kick is taken, even if he gets knocked down, chances are, referees usually give a goal kick - benefit of doubt to the goalie.

Ok, maybe second goal cannot blame him. But the defending?

writing on the wall for Ferdinand.

No, we do need Sneijder, and another midfield general. Ever since, Keane left, no one really fill his void. We need some one like this.

Against Barcelona, they let the midfield walk all over, passing here and there and choose to defend the final third and hoping the strikers shoot off target. What they must do is the fly in some tackles so that the midfielders are hesitant in passing.

This Diarra guy is for sale at Real Madrid, go get him...or Fergie so proud dun wanna buy from Real Madrid.

Wesly is needed - i am still not convinced about Anderson..he cannot shoot for nuts. Yes, he scored a couple of goals but that is not convincing. He cannot pass for nuts. When he first started, he was running around like a bulldog, snapping at the midfielders but he don't tackle.

He is not the creative spark...Cleverly maybe for the future but yet to be proven. carrick has already expired liao...should be sold ensemble with Gibson to Sunderland.

Park can run cannot create
Young maybe...but he is more winger.

Rooney? Not as creative bah...he is better deployed as striker as battering ram.
Nani...inconsistent. He is good during community shield...but be more consistent,

jw5

Loyal
Imo, the first goal was Ferdinand's fault, not De Gea's. He should have cleared the ball, the free kick was a good one, a bit far for the keeper to collect.

The rumour is that Spurs are in for Diarra, Harry and Jose are now best buddies after drinking wine together last season. :o

According to Fergie, Gibson was made an offer by Sunderland who then changed it and he might be going to Blackburn. Fergie said "if you can't trust them on first day, why wait for the second". His r/s with Bruce will not be good now.

If Arsenal sell Fabregas and Nasri and don't bring in anyone better than Chamberlain and Gervinho, they may finish 5th, possibly even 6th.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Imo, the first goal was Ferdinand's fault, not De Gea's. He should have cleared the ball, the free kick was a good one, a bit far for the keeper to collect.

The rumour is that Spurs are in for Diarra, Harry and Jose are now best buddies after drinking wine together last season. :o

According to Fergie, Gibson was made an offer by Sunderland who then changed it and he might be going to Blackburn. Fergie said "if you can't trust them on first day, why wait for the second". His r/s with Bruce will not be good now.

If Arsenal sell Fabregas and Nasri and don't bring in anyone better than Chamberlain and Gervinho, they may finish 5th, possibly even 6th.

==
for sake of Arsenal & Man U, I think they should sell...no point keeping the player if their hearts are not there.

Arsenal will be hollowed out but take it as a rebuilding exercise for the next few seasons. Unlikely they sign big names since forever, Wenger says there is cash to spend but so far, only NATO.

They should sign a goalkeeper ages ago...but still...

Wenger train up youngsters - talented ones, only to sell them later - think Glichy. Think very soon some one will swoop for Wilshere.

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Hi, I was wondering if Sam would allow a thread to be started so that we can have a EPL matches competition.
Firstly, interested parties can indicate their interest with the thread-starter. Then for every round of matches, the participants will have to give their 3 most confident predictions in terms of asian handicap. Correction prediction earns x points, wrong prediction no points. No dedecution of points for wrong prediction.

By running this, the aim is to get more participants in this folder and hopefully gets more "guests" to log in and take part.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
==
for sake of Arsenal & Man U, I think they should sell...no point keeping the player if their hearts are not there.

Arsenal will be hollowed out but take it as a rebuilding exercise for the next few seasons. Unlikely they sign big names since forever, Wenger says there is cash to spend but so far, only NATO.

They should sign a goalkeeper ages ago...but still...

Wenger train up youngsters - talented ones, only to sell them later - think Glichy. Think very soon some one will swoop for Wilshere.

Wat I heard was that if Fab and Nasri go, Wenger may just walk away from the club. Let's see if the rumour is true. As far as Wilshere is concerned, I think the kid has got to learn to keep a lid on it and be more respectful to the coach and his peers. They have enough problems as it is.
As JW5 pointed out, the may just fall off the top 4 post Nas,Fab.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
To be fair to Ferdinand, Vidic was in front of Lescott and was in a better position to clear the danger. De Gea and Vidic hesitated and Ferdinand was behind Lescott. They were all guilty of ball watching I am sure the senior players got a roasting from SAF at half time.