• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Manchester United Season 2011-12

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Man Utd boss Ferguson admits Young going down too easily
Submitted by tribalfootball.com on Mon, 04/16/2012 - 04:22
Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson admits concern over Ashley Young's reputation as a diver.

Young again invited controversy after winning a penalty in victory over Aston Villa yesterday.

Ferguson felt it was a penalty but conceded Young had gone looking for it and, when asked directly whether the winger might be seen as someone who goes down too easily, Ferguson responded on MUTV: "I think in that situation, in the last week or two, yeah.

"I have never seen that in him. It is not an habitual thing with him. He was brought down. He just made the most of it.

"But he definitely brought him down. There was contact. He has bought the fact that Ashley jinked inside him.

"He has gone down quite easily but it was a penalty. He was definitely brought down."

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Young is fast gaining a reputation for diving.:( Fergie should sort it out before he gets sent off for simulation. To be fair though there was contact but the manner in which he fell over was nothing short of spectacular.

At any rate, we're inching our way to the finish line. There was alot more urgency and the passing was generally good. I hope they can maintain the momentum and see off Everton on Sunday. Moyes will do us a favor if he fields the same players who played in the FA Cup semi.

I recalled, last time, CR7 was labelled as diver too.

alot of players are showboating these days. Suarez is one.

sooner or later, referees are gonna get tired of them & won't even award even for legitimate cases.

jw5

Loyal
If Man Utd can beat Everton, the City game will be easier.
Can sit back and hit City on the counter.
I expect Fergie to play 3 in midfield, probably Scholes, Carrick and Cleverly or Giggs.
Young may be the one to drop out.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
I recalled, last time, CR7 was labelled as diver too.

alot of players are showboating these days. Suarez is one.

sooner or later, referees are gonna get tired of them & won't even award even for legitimate cases.

CR7 was a gem at diving but given his height, skinny frame and speed, I can understand why he falls easily. Putting him on weight training was the best thing for both player and club.
I didn't see Young's diving ability when he played for Villa. After the second incident, Fergie will definitely straighten him out just like he did with Ronaldo.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
If Man Utd can beat Everton, the City game will be easier.
Can sit back and hit City on the counter.
I expect Fergie to play 3 in midfield, probably Scholes, Carrick and Cleverly or Giggs.
Young may be the one to drop out.

He will play 4-4-2 and I think he will drop Young too. It's the right thing to do. Nani will likely step in and the rest will remain unchanged. The team that plays Everton will likely face our good neighbours come Sunday week.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
If report is true, this fella could be our first signing for the 2012/13 season.

Report: United agree Gaitan deal

Reports in the British media have claimed that Manchester United are close to bringing in Benfica star Nicholas Gaitan as a long-term replacement for Paul Scholes.

The Red Devils have benefitted greatly through Paul Scholes' decision to return from retirement with the league leaders yet to drop a point whenever the midfielder has featured in the starting XI.

But with the 37-year-old nearing the end of his career, manager Sir Alex Ferguson has sought to bring in a creative attacking midfielder to replace Scholes within the next few seasons. The Daily Telegraph has now claimed that Gaitan is the player most likely to fit the bill with United ready to pay a reputed £20 million.

Inter Milan's Wesley Sneijder was considered to be an ideal replacement as he possesses the requisite vision, passing and scoring abilities that would allow Ferguson to employ an advanced playmaker capable of directing United's attacks but it has been difficult to prise the Dutchman away from the Italian club.

Lille midfielder Eden Hazard was another potential transfer target, with Ferguson making trips to France in order to scout the midfielder and evaluate his potential. However, with the likes of Tottenham and Arsenal also keeping a close watch, Ferguson would need to get involved in a bidding war in order to bring the midfielder across the English channel.

Gaitan, 24, is an Argentinean midfielder renowned for his dribbling abilities and he shares the lead in the Champions League assists chart with five assists to his name this season.

The two sides also faced one another in the Champions League group stage with the Portuguese side managing to eke out a draw on both occasions. Gaitan demonstrated a willingness to cut inside and test the goalkeeper, while also supplying a terrific cross from which Oscar Cardozo scored in the first match.

The Daily Telegraph reports that Benfica will get United defender Fabio for a season-long loan in return. Ferguson has already said that Fabio will go out on loan next season and although the Brazilian featured in United's Champions League final defeat to Barcelona last season, he has failed to progress as expected at Old Trafford.

http://www.espnstar.com/football/premier-league/news/detail/item787936/Report:-United-agree-Gaitan-deal/

Last edited:

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He will play 4-4-2 and I think he will drop Young too. It's the right thing to do. Nani will likely step in and the rest will remain unchanged. The team that plays Everton will likely face our good neighbours come Sunday week.

depends. if we beat Everton this Sun, then Fergie will simply avoid defeat at Etihad.

if we don't beat Everton, then Fergie will have no choice but go for jugular on 30 April. If so, he will be forced to field Valencia and will also field Scholes + Giggs + Carrick

up front will be Rooney + Welbeck.

back 4 = Jones + Ferdinand + Evans + Evra. I'll pick Jones over Rafael because he cannot mark David Silva if he plays. Tevez will also chew up left right centre.

Despite this, I figure Khun will give Ferdinand a run out since Ferdinand is slower these days - sigh. Evans will have to keep his head on his shoulders.

The last time out, we beat Man City but we were given a shit scare. This time i don't reckon Man C will get anyone sent off, unless they decide to wind up Balotelli again LOL

11 against 11, I cannot see Man U beating Man C at Etihad. Just hope to get draw.

Last edited:

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
I dun think they can handle the pool of talent in City with a soak and strike strategy and that is assuming we maintain a 5 point lead going into Etihad. He will only resort to defensive mode if we take the lead. Mancini is also unlikely to throw in too many attack minded players at the start. He will do so if they are chasing the game or it remains deadlock after 60-75mins.

5 point lead is a good cushion and Fergie knows that even if they lose, they have a home game against Swansea and a finale with Sunderland away. IMHO given his options, Fergie will choose an offensive formation (4-4-2), one that will even take Mancini by surprise. The old fox may be keeping something up his sleeves and I won't be surprise if Smalling or even Vidic plays. My worry is Evra and Evans as I dun think they can handle the pressure. At some point, Mancini will play Johnson on the right and Evra is gonna shit bricks.They better beat Everton, otherwise we're farked.

Samurai

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

169856_thumb.jpg

'Different class' Scholes should replace Wilshere for England at Euro 2012, says Parlour
The 39-year-old has tipped the veteran midfielder to make a sensational return to international football after confirmation that the Arsenal youngster will miss out through injury

115436_thumb.jpg

Manchester United's Fabio excited by prospect of joining Benfica on loan
The Red Devils' youngster is honoured at being linked with a temporary move to the Portuguese giants, with Sir Alex Ferguson keen for the Brazilian to gain more first-team action

Last edited:

David Luiz

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

159639_thumb.jpg

De Gea: Manchester United fans helped me adapt
Despite the young Spaniard's shaky start to his Old Trafford career, he has hailed the supporters as one of the main reasons why he has managed to find form for the Red Devils

107526_thumb.jpg

Sir Bobby Charlton hails 'marvellous' Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson
The Red Devils legend has hailed the Scottish manager's abilities to fend off the challenge from the newly-rich local rivals Manchester City as the club aim for a 20th championship

David Luiz

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Manchester United retain status as world's richest club

The Red Devils have once again topped the Forbes list and are now valued at more than $2 billion, although Spanish giants Real Madrid and Barcelona are catching up quickly

Apr 19, 2012 10:00:00 AM

By Ed Aarons

9103hp2.jpg

Manchester United have retained their status as the world’s richest club, with their value having soared by an estimated 20 per cent according to business publication Forbes.

United are now reportedly worth $2.24 billion (€1.7bn) after posting record figures following their run to last season’s Champions League Final.

Real Madrid are second with a value of $1.88bn (€1.43bn), a 29% rise, while reigning European and Spanish champions Barcelona are third on $1.31bn (€998 million), an increase of 34%.

The report on Forbes.com claims: "Manchester United’s global fan base of some 330m also helps makes it the most valuable team in any sport, worth $385m (€293m) more than both Major League Baseball’s New York Yankees and the Dallas Cowboys of the National Football League.

"During the 2010-11 season Manchester United reaped $192m (€146m) in broadcasting revenue, 22 per cent higher than the previous season.

"The club’s run last year to the final of the Champions League, where they lost to Barcelona, commanded an $80m (€61m) payout from UEFA. It will be more challenging for the Red Devils to boost revenue this year, as the team was stunned early in the Champions League by Basel."

In total five teams are now estimated to be worth over $1bn (€760m), with Bayern Munich and Arsenal making up the top five. And Forbes predicts that the nature of the Champions League competition will mean the rich continue to get richer.

"Not only do these teams reap direct revenue from finishing near the top of their domestic leagues and tournament competition, but they also generate rich sponsorship and merchandise deals from the powerful brands they have built through success on the pitch over time," they continue.

"During the 2011 season the Uefa Champions League, the world’s richest annual soccer competition, dolled out a total of $1.14bn (€870m) to the 32 teams that qualified for the group stage, 23 per cent more than the previous year.

"A 25 per cent increase in UEFA’s broadcasting revenue, to $1.28bn (€975m), fueled the increase."

Samurai

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

179688_thumb.jpg

BREAKING NEWS: Manchester United duo Pogba & Anderson out for rest of the season
Sir Alex reveals the young Frenchman picked up an ankle injury and won't feature for the Red Devils for the remainder of this term, with Anderson also ruled out

David Luiz

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

177868_thumb.jpg

Sir Alex: Rooney will break all sorts of Manchester United records
The Scot says that time is on the former Everton forward's side as he closes in on Sir Bobby Charlton's status as the all-time leading goalscorer for the Red Devils

144639_thumb.jpg

Gary Neville praises 'unique' Giggs and expects former Manchester United team-mate to play for another four years
The retired Red Devils defender salutes his former colleague and insists that no player will ever win more Premier League titles than the prolific Welshman

157831_thumb.jpg

Manchester United duo Welbeck and Jones talk up England chances
The youngsters have enjoyed breakthrough seasons at club level this year and head into Euro 2012 with not only a shot of making the squad, but a chance of a prominent role

179688_thumb.jpg

Manchester United duo Pogba & Anderson out for rest of the season
The young Frenchman has picked up an ankle injury and is not expected to feature for the Red Devils for the remainder of this term, joining the Brazilian on the sidelines

177865_thumb.jpg

'Ashley Young may earn reputation as diver' - Manchester United legend Bryan Robson
The 50-year-old is worried that the player's recent theatrics against QPR and Aston Villa could be enough to make referees think twice about favouring him in the future

David Luiz

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

176082_thumb.jpg

'Mancini is a novice compared to Sir Alex' - McQueen backs Manchester United to trump City & taste more Premier League glory
Ex-Red Devils centre-half believes his old club will keep their neighbours at bay thanks to the boss' know-how and hails Wayne Rooney and Rio Ferdinand as the finishing line nears

1597804922137cd37f0ec61d6ca29a6e14031323.jpg

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
For the love of GOD Fergie, take the risk with Vidic in the Manchester Derby. The two idiots in central defence won't hold up. While you are at it, give Carrick a flying boot for failing to assist the defenders. Fark up clowns!!!!****!!!!

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
If there is a single lesson to be learned from this morning's CL semifinal, you can't win games with dodgy defenders. Man U's defenders can give Barca a run for their money.

jw5

Loyal
I changed my mind, Fergie will play both Rooney and Welbeck up top, because he doesn't want people to say that he fears Man City.
But he will ask Rooney to drop back into midfield to make a 3 when they are defending.
Could be a good thing, because he plays best when he is allowed to start moves from deep.
Don't know why Smalling has been left out in favour of Rafael recently, the former is much better defensively.
Ferdinand and Evans should defend deep, they cannot go foraging upfront or the defence will be torn to shreds.
Play on the counterattack, defend deep, and let the front 4 do the attacking.

The key to the derby could be Nani.
When he is on song, he is unplayable, unlike Valencia who can be neutralized by being double teamed.
Nani can skip past multiple players when he is on form.
My prediction is a draw, possibly 2-2.

David Luiz

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

0_thumb.jpg

Manchester United forward Nani announces engagement to Daniela Martins
The Portuguese winger has popped the question to his partner of four years, although Sir Alex may not be best pleased by another WAG distraction as the title race heats up

178943_thumb.jpg

Sir Alex: Manchester United concentrate on youth, unlike City
Red Devils manager rejects notion that Monday's derby is a showdown of riches and passion, insisting that his side are trying to build something through youth development

175779_thumb.jpg

France suspension hurt Evra a lot, says Sir Alex Ferguson
The 70-year-old boss was critical of the international ban incurred at the left-back following the scandal in Les Bleus' camp in South Africa two years ago