• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Best burgers in sinkieland. Anybody tried them? Comments pls..

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The Hit List - Best Burgers in Singapore
dB Bistro Moderne to Morton's - here are our picks for best burgers
The-Hit-List---Best-Burgers-in-Singapore-7682.jpg

Although once simply ground meat on a bun, burgers in Singapore have become a mark of culinary bragging rights, with Singapore restaurants offering up tons of variations in addition to gourmet patties. Veggie or rice burger anyone?

But, at the end of the day, the juicy hamburger with all of its beefy goodness and sinfully good toppings still remains the ultimate comfort food. 

We find the five best burgers in Singapore to sink your teeth into.

1. dB Bistro Modern

257628.jpg

With a slew of accolades and a thriving restaurant empire to his name, culinary maestro Daniel Boulud is still best known for elevating the humble burger to an artisanal masterpiece.

While dB Bistro Moderne is a casual spinoff of Chef Daniel Boulud's Michelin-star restaurant in New York, there’s absolutely nothing casual about the dB approach to burgers. The Original dB Burger, for example, is an mark of Boulud’s creative cuisine genius.

This monster of a burger packs in sirloin along with braised short ribs, foie gras and black truffles, all served on a Parmesan bun, putting other burgers to shame with its size and impeccable execution.

dB Bistro Moderne, 10 Bayfront Ave, #B1-48 Marina Bay Sands, +65 6688 8525

Find out more about dB Bistro Moderne here, or check out what other fine dining choices The Shoppes at Marina Bay Sands offers.

2. Morton's The Steakhouse & Bar

257632.jpg

The heart and soul of a burger lies in its patty, and Morton’s treats its hamburger filling with as much TLC as it does its steaks -- marinating and spicing them with finesse.

The USDA Prime Burger is the star of the bar's menu, a huge beef patty done to your preferred degree of rareness, and topped with Swiss cheese and bacon. You can opt to have your burger at the bar lounge or in the main restaurant, but the latter is only available upon request.

For those with smaller appetites, the butler-served, bite-sized filet mignon sandwiches served during happy hour (Monday to Friday, 5pm to 7pm) are equally delicious. Last we tried, we managed six each in the span of two hours.

Morton's The Steakhouse, 5 Raffles Avenue, 4F Mandarin Oriental Singapore, +65 6339 3740
Check out our full review of Morton's The Steakhouse here.

3. PS Cafe at Palais Renaissance

257739.jpg

There’s nothing quite like the relaxing views of lush foliage, far away from civilization, to whet your appetite for a hearty Singapore burger. At P.S Cafe situated at Palais Renaissance, the laidback vibe of the venue complements the simple menu featuring everyday favourites.

The Brunch Burger, though slightly pricy, packs a punch with a chargrilled wagyu and U.S chuck patty topped with a fried egg, crispy bacon, onion rings and melted provolone. This decadence sits between two lightly toasted sesame buns, and comes with the cafe's steak fries. Thick, juicy and perfectly done, the burger is worth every cent -- and calorie.

P.S. Cafe, Level 2, Palais Renaissance Shopping Centre, 390 Orchard Road, +65 9834 8232

4. Relish

257633.jpg

The laidback cousin of Wild Rocket, Relish is founder Wilin Low's foray into the world of gourmet burgers. The concept here is straightforward: great burgers with premium ingredients and lots of creativity – and it works well, very well. 

The classic Wild Rocket Beef Burger wins over hamburger purists with its flavourful beef patty infused with pepper and tomato relish, while those with a more adventurous streak love the Blue Cheese and William Pear Beef Burger. The combination of the strong blue cheese and the light, sweetness of the pears make for a surprisingly gastronomic experience for the senses.

For something with a more local flavour, try the Ramlee burger. A generous beef patty wrapped in an omelette and topped off with tangy chilli sauce, the Ramlee burger is a gourmet take on the famed Malaysian staple. Not quite like the real thing, but well worth an order.

Relish, 501 Bukit Timah Road, #02-01 Cluny Court, +65 6763 1547

5. Seah Street Deli

257735.jpg

With its retro-themed interior and selection of American sandwiches, entrees and salads, Seah Street Deli is every bit your quintessential New York delicatessen. And, its burgers are made with this theme in mind, serving hearty, old-fashioned patty.

Opt either for the restaurant’s signature Seah Street Deli Burger, with a simple beef patty and cheddar cheese that surprises with its juiciness and aroma, or go for broke and conquer the massive Texas Burger, a whopping 250-gram beef patty topped with Hickory barbecue sauce, smoked bacon, sauteed peppers, sweet onions and melted cheese.

Seah Street Deli, 1 Beach Road, Raffles Hotel, +65 6412 1110
min-yan.jpg

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Too atas for me, there was this expensive burger advertised a few years ago for like more than a hundred dollars. It comes with foie gras, wagyu beef and the works.

I am a burger fan and the best burger i had is this

dsc_2061.jpg

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I tried the Botak Jones burger at Changi Village.. Not bad, quite alot in its quantity and the price quite reasonable too..

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
me dun like burgers ...

got 1 time, like burger king's rendang burger ... den, it oso bcame tasteless ...

psy83

Alfrescian
Loyal
wOw those burgers are like "ART" for the rich and famous. Ramli burger from J.b will hit the spot for me and its only a couple of bucks.

Last edited:

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Best burger I've had in Sg is at Tanglin Club and Changi Sailing Club. Both below ten bucks.

Just happened to be invited by friends there.

Best burger place in the world for the average joe - Harvey's.

Cheers!

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
The burger I had at the American Club. They used sirloin steak to make the patties.

When I do the groceries, I just buy the cheap the ready ground beef. But my wife gets the butcher to grind sirloin when she buys it. For the spaghetti meat sauce.

We enjoy cooking.

Cheers!

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When I do the groceries, I just buy the cheap the ready ground beef. But my wife gets the butcher to grind sirloin when she buys it. For the spaghetti meat sauce.

We enjoy cooking.

Cheers!

Good food requires good ingredients. That's why the burger I had at the American Club was so good because it used ground sirloin. It was served without any sauces.

The burgers at MacD, Burger King uses sauces because their burgers are tasteless:rolleyes:

Nowadays I'm more of a salmon eater because of health reasons. :( Hate to cook because of all the washing involved, I don't have a maid :o

mayliewwan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Best burger is still make your own. Chop some onions, sautee them. Mix ground beef with onions, add some steak's seasoning salts and some ang moh tau yu(aka L&P). knead the mixture and make patties out of it. Grill the patties and make burgers out of it

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This August 9th MacDonald's offering buy 1 get 2 burgers. I cannot recall which burger as I don't eat at MacDonald at all. I consider them as junk food.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
actually I struggle to find such gourmet burgers appealing to my palate. I rather spend money on a good steak, or a nice piece of pan seared foie gras. Isn't combining everything in a sandwich too messy to enjoy?

The burger (despite its supposedly european origin) is another american invention and their unsophisticated taste in food is well known.

HedgeTrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
Gourmet burger not for me. If ready to pay gourmet price, I never go for burger, might as well go for steak. But I do bite burger sometime for quick lunch. I like Burger King Whopper since schooldays.

Last edited:

HedgeTrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
actually I struggle to find such gourmet burgers appealing to my palate. I rather spend money on a good steak, or a nice piece of pan seared foie gras. Isn't combining everything in a sandwich too messy to enjoy?

The burger (despite its supposedly european origin) is another american invention and their unsophisticated taste in food is well known.

My sentiments exactly. :smile: No wonder we're both traders. :wink: