• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

TKL will make a good president... he is helping singaporeans to strike 4D and TOTO...

BusNo64

Alfrescian
Loyal
so long as dat fucking GMS in not in the picture... i will support TKL..becos he is helping poor singaporeans like me to strike 4D and TOTO....good job TKL.... Singapore Pool should give u some commission for the increase in biz from your help... :wink:

Tan Kin Lian defends TOTO, 4D applications by his firm
by Tanya Fong
04:46 AM Jul 29, 2011

SINGAPORE - Business development manager Kelvin Lee was surfing through the iPhone App store on Wednesday night when he stumbled on an app that generates numbers for the bi-weekly TOTO lottery.

When he launched the app, he was surprised to find out that the app was created and sold by Tan Kin Lian & Associates, a software and consultancy firm run by presidential hopeful Tan Kin Lian.

Mr Lee, 34, who contacted Today, said: "Even though betting on TOTO and 4D is legal, what is legally right may not be morally right. Given the fact that Mr Tan is running for presidency, he should aim for some moral high ground, especially with public unhappiness over gambling."

Today found another similar app, OneInAMillion - also created by Mr Tan's company - in the iPhone App store.

When contacted by Today, Mr Tan stressed that the apps were part of "more than 10 apps" that were developed by his company.

"This concern (that these apps will encourage gambling) is exaggerated ... if some people like to try my app to get their unique numbers, I will be delighted. But I do not think that it will be addictive, and I certainly do not encourage them to be addicted to any form of gambling. But as a pastime and fun, it is all right."

He added that he saw TOTO and 4D as an entertainment for many ordinary people - "a way of having some distraction from the busy and hectic life".

Explaining why the apps were created, Mr Tan said he had asked his developer to try some simple apps and chose TOTO and 4D as they are popular games and are well known.

Mr Tan said the number of downloads for these two apps are "quite small" compared to other apps - including one for taxi booking - developed by his company. "If I get elected as President, I have to pass this business to another person ... But if I do not get elected, I intend to use the know-how in developing mobile games for many business applications involving mobile and web platforms," Mr Tan said.

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: TKL will make a good president... he is helping singaporeans to strike 4D and TOT

In future we might get what you can call "Presidential Tip".

annexa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: TKL will make a good president... he is helping singaporeans to strike 4D and TOT

I really dunno what to say...

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal

I really dunno what to say...

Personally I think it is nothing wrong. He is selling a legal product. It is not as if he is selling illegal 4D and Toto.

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal

TKL as an actuary should know better. In a fair lottery, every number at every draw is random. There's no such thing as a system to strike or even with edge to strike. He's turning out to be more of a charlatan.

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal

TKL as an actuary should know better. In a fair lottery, every number at every draw is random. There's no such thing as a system to strike or even with edge to strike. He's turning out to be more of a charlatan.

Charlatan?
We got 82 in parliament. If TKL is a charlatan then get in one more to top it off.

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal

Charlatan?
We got 82 in parliament. If TKL is a charlatan then get in one more to top it off.

The President doesn't go into Parliament, he goes into Istana.